Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    That would have been an incredibly weird trilogy.

Yeah. I think it's part of the reason that George in some interviews around the time the prequel trilogy was made found it hard to really stretch the story across three movies, and hence, had to include a lot of "filler" in Episode I alongside the important stuff (Anakin and the beginning of his apprenticeship under Obi-Wan, Palpatine's chancellorship).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I think that's mainly the video games; they were sort of going for OT nostalgia with those, especially since they were released around the time of the prequels. Hence a lot of them using Star Wars tropes such as a Falcon-like ship, R2 style droid, and something like the Death Star.

The original "Tales of the Jedi" comics are a bit more story-wise and visually distinct from the movies, giving everything a sort of spacefaring "bronze age" kind of look more or less. (For instance, the series explains where the temples on Yavin came from; they're in fact old Sith temples!)
    I would love if they mined those Tales of the Jedi books for ideas. The whole Rise and Fall if Ulic Qel-Droma saga is just as epic as any of the movies. The characters of Ulic Qel-Droma, Nomi Sunrider, Cay Qel-Droma, Exar Kun, and others are all ripe for adaptation. Plus all these book came out in the early 90's so there is no prequel influences creeping in so it feels much different.