BANNED

Default Star Trek Axanar Fan Film WILL Be Released But...

The famous fan film will be released but it is going to be a very different take thant the one they originally planned after the lawsuit with CBS intensified.
    Famous comic book writer Paul Jenkins will be at the helm of the project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWH-5Wbi7nI

BANNED

Good for them but they won't be getting my support. These people fucked up Star Trek fan films for everyone else that wants to make one.

Eh, Midnight's Edge is not a credible source.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Good for them but they won't be getting my support. These people fucked up Star Trek fan films for everyone else that wants to make one.
    Not to mention the evidence that the brass involved on the project were breaking the "don't profit off it" rule and possibly even scamming donors. Fair enough if they were allowed to make it and want to, but the entitlement of the Axanar people was really off-putting even if you don't factor in the hinky stuff.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Eh, Midnight's Edge is not a credible source.

Not to mention the evidence that the brass involved on the project were breaking the "don't profit off it" rule and possibly even scamming donors. Fair enough if they were allowed to make it and want to, but the entitlement of the Axanar people was really off-putting even if you don't factor in the hinky stuff.
    While their After Dark channel is just a live stream chat show their main channel has gotten a lot of stuff right from their sources.

Their early stuff on Fan4stick all eventually came out confirmed from various sources same with Ghostbusters. They were saying months before anyone else Netflix paid for the 1st season of Star Trek Discovery and got a really good interview with Nicholas Meyers.

The Axanar stuff they just posted is literally interviews with the people involved how is that not credible?
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 06-26-2019 at 07:08 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Yeah you basically nailed my exact feelings on the subject. They were selling merch for it, which was not allowed, and then pulled the victim card. Super lame

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    While their After Dark channel is just a live stream chat show their main channel has gotten a lot of stuff right from their sources.

Their early stuff on Fan4stick all eventually came out confirmed from various sources same with Ghostbusters. They were saying months before anyone else Netflix paid for the 1st season of Star Trek Discovery and got a really good interview with Nicholas Meyers.

The Axanar stuff they just posted is literally interviews with the people involved how is that not credible?
    Well, the fact that they freely mix fact and theory with little clarification which is which and hold their unproven theories as iron-clad truth doesn't help; I mean, they're the ones pushing that asinine "second license" crap despite there being zero evidence that it even exists. Also, for all their claims of being spin-free, they spin everything to be anti-DSC.

Point is, they may get some things right, but they're not a credible source of information and have a bad track record for accuracy. Also, given how dishonest the Axanar people have been, it's not at all encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Yeah you basically nailed my exact feelings on the subject. They were selling merch for it, which was not allowed, and then pulled the victim card. Super lame
    Yeah, is what it is. Sad thing is, their little prequel short was actually pretty well done. It really makes one wish that they had behaved themselves. Who knows? Maybe the original project could've been made rather then this altered and shortened version that's been quite overdue.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)