Norrin versus:

Thor (current Thor)
    She Hulk
    Iron Man
    Cyclops
    Storm
    Emma Frost
    Magneto
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Even with speeds equalized, I still don't believe there's anything stopping Norrin from opening up a Black Hole (Emma isn't mind-zorching him easily, if she even can, and nothing anyone else can do will actually stop him from 'Black Hole Surprise!'), which at a 100' range should eliminate pretty much everyone on the other side PDQ.

...also the city (planet? Black Hole size depending), so I guess if everyone is in character, it's not his goto. But if we have bloodlust? Sure!

I'm curious to hear other people's opinions, mind. ^_^
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 06-25-2019 at 11:48 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Surfer is at "ignores Hulk stomping on his head" and "is at the epicenter of a planet/moon destroying explosion and is unbothered" levels of durability. Not to mention the TP resistance, and Current Thor (IIRC) can't compete esoterically, even with speed equalized.

So ... I feel like Arby posted an unintentional stomp
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I'm just looking at the fastest possible way for him to win this.

And yeah, a large number of these people wonder what they're even doing here. Cyclops, Storm, Iron Man, She-Hulk...when Magneto is starting to say 'Hm, maybe this is the wrong fight for me', you know someone is outclassing a whole lot of people on the other side.

At least Emma can hold up her hand and say 'Well, Telepathy? I could try...give me enough time and I might get him to blink or cough or....' But Scott just looks at Surfer and giggles 'No way, man.'
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 06-25-2019 at 11:52 AM.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I'm just looking at the fastest possible way for him to win this.

And yeah, a large number of these people wonder what they're even doing here. Cyclops, Storm, Iron Man, She-Hulk...when Magneto is starting to say 'Hm, maybe this is the wrong fight for me', you know someone is outclassing a whole lot of people on the other side.

At least Emma can hold up her hand and say 'Well, Telepathy? I could try...give me enough time and I might get him to blink or cough or....' But Scott just looks at Surfer and giggles 'No way, man.'
    Eh ... I mean I'd probably grant Surfer telepathic resistance enough to make Emma have to work for it to mess with him enough to stand a chance ? At which point there's a black hole in New York City.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Eh ... I mean I'd probably grant Surfer telepathic resistance enough to make Emma have to work for it to mess with him enough to stand a chance ? At which point there's a black hole in New York City.
    Absolutely. That's pretty much what I'm saying. He tends to bounce that kind of crap. Emma, with enough time, might do something?

She doesn't have that time. If the Surfer gets pressed, Magneto's shield isn't stopping him from fragging Emma, even assuming Norrin doesn't go with opening a Black Hole.

...at which point it'll be fun watching Thor shouting 'Verily, this doth suck!' alongside Erik frantically screaming 'MAGNETS!' at the top of his lungs as they try to fix that problem before it kills all their side.
    Why are we here?

But if we have bloodlust? Sure!
    We do as default.

Moondragon with the mind gem has full out mindblasted the Surfer, an earlier move of doing so having completely messed up Xavier. He just got back up. The Surfer has a pretty solid bumper crop of mental/spiritual resistance performances.

Nothing really stops him from just opening up a singularity here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    We do as default.

Moondragon with the mind gem has full out mindblasted the Surfer, an earlier move of doing so having completely messed up Xavier. He just got back up. The Surfer has a pretty solid bumper crop of mental/spiritual resistance performances.

Nothing really stops him from just opening up a singularity here.
    I was trying to lowball, but yea this just gets worse for everyone. Though I'd kinda be okay with him turning everyone into a fully functioning tea set, only to invite Kraven the Hunter, and the Cosmic Cube.

Arx Inosaan

Don't MAKE me add more stipulations to this thread now! I'll do it!! ;P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    The more trash this thread becomes, the closer you get to becoming a 3:30 am Denny's ;p

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    With this many stipulations is it even a fight ? Though ... even if you limited it to a purely physical confrontation, the Surfer is strong enough to punch the everloving hell out of Beta Ray Bill casually.

Bloodlusted he'd punch everyone here to death, without apologizing.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    With this many stipulations is it even a fight ? Though ... even if you limited it to a purely physical confrontation, the Surfer is strong enough to punch the everloving hell out of Beta Ray Bill casually.

Bloodlusted he'd punch everyone here to death, without apologizing.
    Ok, you asked for it!

Surfer has tuberculosis (late stage), is limited to one arm, has a raging headache, forgets about black hole creation powers and HULK WITH A JETPACK SHOWS UP AND-

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    The more trash this thread becomes, the closer you get to becoming a 3:30 am Denny's ;p
    -aaand nevermind. Don't mind me.
    - big_adventure

I'd have believed you if it was SABERTOOTH IN A JETPACK.

Arx Inosaan

Can't Mjolnir just close the singularity?

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Can't Mjolnir just close the singularity?
    Current Thor doesn't have the good Mjolnir.

Arx Inosaan