View Poll Results: Should Ghost Spider (AKA Spider-Gwen) be part of the regular Marvel Universe?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, move her to Earth 616

13 25.49%
  • No, keep her at Earth 65

38 74.51%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    For Best Makeup and Hairstyling!

I could do this all day Kev [/America's ass]
    (That was the joke.)

But again, I don't think winning an Oscar for Best Animated Feature (or for anything, really, but that's what Spider-Verse won) means much. And Gwen being the third lead in that movie doesn't mean much.

I'm just pointing out that all things are finite. Everything has an expiration date.

Don't forget Ham, Noir, and SP//dr were in that film too. Noir hasn't featured in anything except Verse/Geddon for a few years now, and the other two have only otherwise had one-shots (SP//dr was created for Verse and got another in Geddon, Ham had an annual recently).
    For Best Makeup and Hairstyling!
    Not for stunts or special effects? Wow, someone must've like Harley Quinn then.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-12-2019 at 03:29 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

She carried the film on her back, she definitely deserved some kind of award.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Don't forget Ham, Noir, and SP//dr were in that film too. Noir hasn't featured in anything except Verse/Geddon for a few years now, and the other two have only otherwise had one-shots (SP//dr was created for Verse and got another in Geddon, Ham had an annual recently).
    Noir was a featured character in the Shattered Dimensions video game. I wouldn't be surprised to see all of those characters appearing more in some form. Spider-Man 2099 is already back in the thick of things in his original costume, likely so he can be ready for his close-up when Into The Spider-Verse 2 pops around. Gotta love synergy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I'm just pointing out that all things are finite. Everything has an expiration date.
    Like Mary Jane?
    Last edited by Zeitgeist; 07-12-2019 at 09:00 AM.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

will gwen stacy get a 24-26 episode tv anime before gwen poole
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Honestly, I want see 24-26 episode tv anime with Marvel B-listers.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Mighty Member

Personal opinion is no, it's lazy, removes her supporting cast and has no overall benefit to her as a character, it's just adding yet ANOTHER spider to the over-saturated roster.

Like Marvel repeatedly latches onto the dimension hopping... and that's not what makes Spider-Gwen awesome, but they clearly think it is.

Her most popular issues are entirely focused on three things.

1. Her being in a struggling punk band
    2. Being a vigilante balancing doing the right thing vs. the law.
    3. Dealing with expectations of her vs. what she's trying to figure out that she wants.

You strip away her universe(Which unlike miles has many analogues to 616 existing characters.) and what do you have?
    Last edited by Woozie; 07-12-2019 at 09:56 AM.

She carried the film on her back, she definitely deserved some kind of award.
    Miles carried that film on his back. Gwen was just some added flavor.
    Noir was a featured character in the Shattered Dimensions video game. I wouldn't be surprised to see all of those characters appearing more in some form. Spider-Man 2099 is already back in the thick of things in his original costume, likely so he can be ready for his close-up when Into The Spider-Verse 2 pops around. Gotta love synergy.
    I think that's more Spencer then for synergy.
    Like Mary Jane?
    Maybe pre-2018 but she had a pretty strong year there compared to the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    That assumes a few things:

1. That Marvel would actually commission a 2-cour anime series starring a spinoff character.

2. That Marvel would actually care about said anime after it's produced, judging by their treatment (or lack there of) of the Avengers animes. I think the four Madhouse anime's kind of turned them off on the genre.

Honestly, Batman: Ninja has a better chance of a sequel then a Spider-Gwen or Gwen Poole anime. You'll have to wait for the Spider-Women movie being made and dubbed to get your Aoi Yuki as Gwen fix.

Although all that being said, I think the Latour/Rodriguez run would make for an interesting, finite, series.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Miles carried that film on his back. Gwen was just some added flavor.
    I'm pretty sure he was referring to Suicide Squad there. Harley was definitely the best thing in it, that's why she's getting that Birds of Prey spin-off.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Well, I believe Spider-Gwen could be taken to Earth-616 AND warped with her counterpart. Just imagine, when Gwen was falling from the bridge, suddenly her Spider-Powers activate and saves herself. Peter's mind would blow up with this.

Mighty Member

That sounds literally like the worst thing possible.

616 Gwen and 65 gwen are nothing alike, and trying to frankenstein them together is the worst way to handle both of those characters.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    That sounds literally like the worst thing possible.

616 Gwen and 65 gwen are nothing alike, and trying to frankenstein them together is the worst way to handle both of those characters.
    I don't see how they are not alike, aside for the age difference. Spider-Gwen's new decission to study at 616's Empire State University seems to be puting her in the way to become just like 616's Gwen Stacy. Besides, what do you mean with "Frankenstein them"? I was meant to do something like Infinity Warps.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I don't see how they are not alike, aside for the age difference. Spider-Gwen's new decission to study at 616's Empire State University seems to be puting her in the way to become just like 616's Gwen Stacy. Besides, what do you mean with "Frankenstein them"? I was meant to do something like Infinity Warps.
    How in the world could anybody look at the two and see them as similar characters. Ignoring the fact that adding spider-gwen in place of regular gwen stacy would completely reshape the marvel 616 universe, they are not similar.

Like i can't take anybody seriously who has seen 65 Gwen and 616 Gwen and gone "Yeah they're pretty much the same." 65 Gwen has more in common with 1610 Gwen than 616.

Like Mary Jane?
    She's not the protagonist in any title right now, so...

All-New Member

Gwen apparently "carrying" Spider-Verse on her back is the hottest take I've seen about the movie

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    They have different personalities, interests, relationships etc. I haven't read all of Spider-Gwen but I remember thinking she was very different from 616 Gwen. I think it was also a root of frustration for her, she didn't always like being compared to 616 Gwen or other Gwens.