View Poll Results: Should Ghost Spider (AKA Spider-Gwen) be part of the regular Marvel Universe?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, move her to Earth 616

13 25.49%
  • No, keep her at Earth 65

38 74.51%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by emmafrosting View Post
    Gwen apparently "carrying" Spider-Verse on her back is the hottest take I've seen about the movie
    Y'all really misreading that quote because it's about Harley Quinn and Suicide Squad.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Y'all really misreading that quote because it's about Harley Quinn and Suicide Squad.
    LMAO, what more can I say to this?

Yeah, people around these parts (myself included sometimes) can get passionate and jump to conclusions without fully reading things first.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

^ Yeah but like, less of it would be nice tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Miles carried that film on his back. Gwen was just some added flavor.
    That was in reply to the poster before me talking about Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad - thanks to the other posters who noted it.

Gwen apparently "carrying" Spider-Verse on her back is the hottest take I've seen about the movie
    And again. Reading comprehension is a thing, folks!

I think that's more Spencer then for synergy.
    You don't think there was an editorial note that was like "hey, try and work Miguel into things"? Personally I don't think there's many coincidences when it comes to comics.

Maybe pre-2018 but she had a pretty strong year there compared to the past few years.
    Wasn't a legit argument, just using an example to try and expose a potential fallacy.
    Last edited by Zeitgeist; 07-15-2019 at 06:14 AM.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    You don't think there was an editorial note that was like "hey, try and work Miguel into things"? Personally I don't think there's many coincidences when it comes to comics.
    Considering Marvel isn't that aware of what Sony is doing and I don't think Miguel is going to be in a major leading role that soon (and Spencer is a genuine fan of 2099)...I don't think so.

They have different personalities, interests, relationships etc. I haven't read all of Spider-Gwen but I remember thinking she was very different from 616 Gwen. I think it was also a root of frustration for her, she didn't always like being compared to 616 Gwen or other Gwens.
    Maybe don't go to Earth-616 then? Lol.

Nicc Spencer got into comics in like the late 80's and likes Spider-Man and PAD Hulk, so he likely grew up on Miguel, which is why he said he was his favorite alt-spider at that con, so he's going to take some time to shill him.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Maybe don't go to Earth-616 then? Lol.
    It's not like she hangs out around there often and even when she does, it's not with peter's circle of people.

Considering Marvel isn't that aware of what Sony is doing and I don't think Miguel is going to be in a major leading role that soon (and Spencer is a genuine fan of 2099)...I don't think so.
    The film was in part produced by Marvel, they're not completely oblivious. But Sony producing and distributing the last two live action franchises didn't stop the comic books bringing Doc Ock back in time for Spider-Man 2, looking a lot like his film self. Or Lizard back in time for Amazing Spider-Man, or Electro in time for Amazing Spider-Man 2. And Mysterio has been kicking around the main book coincidentally since the start of Spencer's run. It's a thing that kinda happens.
    Plus I doubt they'd bring Miguel into the post-credits of Spider-Verse and not having him be a decent part of the next film, but eh. We'll see I guess.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    The film was in part produced by Marvel, they're not completely oblivious. But Sony producing and distributing the last two live action franchises didn't stop the comic books bringing Doc Ock back in time for Spider-Man 2, looking a lot like his film self. Or Lizard back in time for Amazing Spider-Man, or Electro in time for Amazing Spider-Man 2. And Mysterio has been kicking around the main book coincidentally since the start of Spencer's run. It's a thing that kinda happens.
    Plus I doubt they'd bring Miguel into the post-credits of Spider-Verse and not having him be a decent part of the next film, but eh. We'll see I guess.
    Yeah, but they've gone on record as saying they don't really have any insider knowledge on what Sony is doing. I think they just time that kind of stuff with the announcements.

(Mysterio has the benefit of the MCU).

I think it's likely they'll do more with Miguel in future Spider-Verse movies but I don't think that has any impact on the comics at the moment.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I'd prefer it if we kept her at her Earth and ideally let that Earth be developed rather than simply bringing her to the main Earth. That's just my personal preference anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    It's not like she hangs out around there often and even when she does, it's not with peter's circle of people.
    Yet. Gwen and Peter will be attending the same school, so it depends what she chooses to study. Of course, she's just as likely to bump into Squirrel Girl's supporting cast, since Doreen is another ESU student.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

I at least feel like with Gwen they've had more success then they've had with Jessica, Julia, Anya, Mattie, Cindy, etc.
    Jessica's series could have done well under a creative team who could had made the book a success. It's too bad that Dennis Hopeless never took advantage of bringing in the Amazing Spider-Man readers to the series. I think that the biggest mistake that Marvel did was allowing Slott to use Silk instead of Jessica Drew in the 3rd Volume of ASM(2014) where The Black Cat was the antagonist. This could have helped a great deal.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I'd prefer it if we kept her at her Earth and ideally let that Earth be developed rather than simply bringing her to the main Earth. That's just my personal preference anyway.
    Besides, Marvel allowed Spider-Man 2099 and Miles Morales to stay in Earth-616. Now they want to bring Spider-Gwen into it? At one time, Marvel wanted to bring Mayday Parker to Earth-616 as well. The idea of having alternate Spider-Men residing in 616 was a dumb move. Let the characters stay in their own universe once the original creative wraps up their run.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Besides, Marvel allowed Spider-Man 2099 and Miles Morales to stay in Earth-616. Now they want to bring Spider-Gwen into it? At one time, Marvel wanted to bring Mayday Parker to Earth-616 as well. The idea of having alternate Spider-Men residing in 616 was a dumb move. Let the characters stay in their own universe once the original creative wraps up their run.
    I completely agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I couldn't have point it better myself. Let alternate characters stand or fall on their own merits.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."