Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
  1. #1

    Default The Amazing Spider-Man (2018) #26: SPOILER WARNING!

    If I had to describe this issue? Fun. Fun. Fun. Already looking forward to #27.

    spoilers:
    Boomerang's the star of it with his BS and chatting up Aunt May. Fisk is after Boomerang but it's postponed as Peter's with Myers. The Beetle is setting up a group that caters to women - Lady Octopus, Scorpia, White Rabbit, Trapstr and she's wanting the new Electro to join them. Said group is after Myers and launch an attack outside Feast as Peter's KO'd by falling debris.
    end of spoilers

  2. #2
    Spider-Fan Since '95 WebSlingWonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    If I had to describe this issue? Fun. Fun. Fun. Already looking forward to #27.

    spoilers:
    Boomerang's the star of it with his BS and chatting up Aunt May. Fisk is after Boomerang but it's postponed as Peter's with Myers. The Beetle is setting up a group that caters to women - Lady Octopus, Scorpia, White Rabbit, Trapstr and she's wanting the new Electro to join them. Said group is after Myers and launch an attack outside Feast as Peter's KO'd by falling debris.
    end of spoilers
    That didn't even need to be in spoilers.
    The Amazing, Spectacular, Sensational Web-Slinger!

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    That didn't even need to be in spoilers.
    Wanted to be safe than sorry. Not used to tagging them here. What did you think to it?

  4. #4
    Spectacular Member Hugo Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    105

    Default

    I hate misleading advertising (the cover)

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    I hate misleading advertising (the cover)
    Yeah, that's an unfortunate thing in comics.

  6. #6
    Spider-Fan Since '95 WebSlingWonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Wanted to be safe than sorry. Not used to tagging them here. What did you think to it?
    Haven't read it yet. But when I do, I'll be back!
    The Amazing, Spectacular, Sensational Web-Slinger!

  7. #7
    Blue Snowmod Nyssane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,457

    Default

    Beetle's Sinister Syndicate is the only Sinister Syndicate in my eyes. Get it, gurl!

    Although I feel like she can do better than Electro and Trapstr.

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member Revolutionary_Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,167

    Default

    I love the subtle Superior call back, like when Peter says at the start, "Not with this guy, right?" the opening line, and catch phrase of Superior.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I love the subtle Superior call back, like when Peter says at the start, "Not with this guy, right?" the opening line, and catch phrase of Superior.
    Thank you! Forgot to bring that up. I think Spencer used it in one of the earlier TASM issues as well.

  10. #10
    Astonishing Member Revolutionary_Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,167

    Default

    This issue feels like a continuation of Superior Foes. In a good way. Lady Beetle’s blend of corporate feminism in service of supervillainy is excellent as always.

  11. #11
    Incredible Member Jman27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    703

    Default

    issue was alright mostly set up. nice reference to Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    This issue feels like a continuation of Superior Foes. In a good way. Lady Beetle’s blend of corporate feminism in service of supervillainy is excellent as always.
    All for it. I loved the Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

  13. #13
    Mighty Member KangMiRae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    The sea!
    Posts
    1,286

    Default

    I disliked the art a lot, but it was a nice callback to the Superior Foes of Spider-Man.
    Admiral of a fleet of shipsórelationships!
    Comicbooks are nothing to me without ships and romance!

  14. #14
    Astonishing Member Revolutionary_Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,167

    Default

    I wish Steve Leiber comes back, because his artwork mixed with Spencer like nothing else. As did Ottley. Superior Foes of Spider-Man was an absolute blast as a comic both visually and narratively because writer/artist were in-synch, much like say Fraction and Aja were in Hawkeye.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I wish Steve Leiber comes back, because his artwork mixed with Spencer like nothing else. As did Ottley. Superior Foes of Spider-Man was an absolute blast as a comic both visually and narratively because writer/artist were in-synch, much like say Fraction and Aja were in Hawkeye.
    The perfect paring. I love how briefly the team behind the Superior Foes of Spider-Man book returned for a couple of pages in TASM (Vol. 5) #6-7.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •