Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Spider-Man 1970's live action TV series

Hi folks I was wondering about Spider-Man 1970's Live Action TV series has ever bin official released on DVD?, that includes the Three follow up Movies as well.

LW

You mean the American one, right? The Japanese tokusatsu series is also from that decade.

Anyway, just found this:
    https://stores.sumogorilla.com/all-d...ies-on-8-dvds/

The same site also has a bunch of cartoons (60s and 80s Spider-Man, 60s Marvel Super-Heroes and Fantastic Four), and the 1990s Fantastic Four and Justice League of America movies and the 2011 Wonder Woman unaired pilot all in the same packaging design.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You mean the American one, right? The Japanese tokusatsu series is also from that decade.

Anyway, just found this:
    https://stores.sumogorilla.com/all-d...ies-on-8-dvds/

The same site also has a bunch of cartoons (60s and 80s Spider-Man, 60s Marvel Super-Heroes and Fantastic Four), and the 1990s Fantastic Four and Justice League of America movies and the 2011 Wonder Woman unaired pilot all in the same packaging design.
    Just to be clear, these are all bootlegged DVDs.

I don't know why the '70s Spidey show never got a legit release on disc. Episodes were released on VHS courtesy of, I believe, Rhino but they never made the jump to the next format.

Astonishing Member

I remember renting the episodes of the Spider-Man 70´s television show in VHS from the Video Stories way back.

Astonishing Member

As far as i know saying there were three follow up movies to the Spider-Man television show is a overstatement.
    The first movie is the Pilot episode of the Television Show of Spider-Man and the other two movies were Episodes put together with some editing done, thus making those movies to have the duration of a movie and were only released in VHS in the Video stores.

In the immortal words of Dr. Zaius - "Don't look for it Taylor, you may not like what you find."
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Just to be clear, these are all bootlegged DVDs.

I don't know why the '70s Spidey show never got a legit release on disc. Episodes were released on VHS courtesy of, I believe, Rhino but they never made the jump to the next format.
    Is that so? That cover was literally the first result in my Google search. How do we get that site shut down then? Seems like it needs reporting to both Disney and AT&T (DC's owner).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Is that so? That cover was literally the first result in my Google search. How do we get that site shut down then? Seems like it needs reporting to both Disney and AT&T (DC's owner).
    I'm sure they already know about it.

If stopping bootlegs was as simple as reporting it to the proper agencies, we wouldn't have any piracy.

I just point out that it's clearly bootlegged material for those who would want to not give these people their money.

Spectacular Member

Yes The American TV series, so I understand Officially it's on DVD yet?,

Dam I trying to collect 70's Superhero live action TV series,

LW

All-New Member

I too would like to revisit this show since I haven't seen it since being a kid but fear it has not aged well. And I am 100% sure it is not as good as my 10 year old self thought it was.

A couple of years ago at a local convention, I remember humorously asking Nicholas Hammond how sick he is of people asking him about a DVD release of the show. He was tickled.

At this point, it could be one of those "on demand" disc pressings via Amazon, as well as of course a streaming release, if Disney doesn't want to put "big money" into a hardcopy set.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTFREE View Post
    I too would like to revisit this show since I haven't seen it since being a kid but fear it has not aged well. And I am 100% sure it is not as good as my 10 year old self thought it was.
    Its really cheesy today. I have seen it as a kid a 100 times, and even then I thought it was cheap.

Spectacular Member

Yes it's Cheesy by today's standards so is the Wonder Woman TV series, which I've got.

LW

Astonishing Member

Yes, almost everything was. But if you have some nostalgic feelings for it, or just like cheesy it can be a real blast to watch it again. I still love Batman 66 the Movie...

Spectacular Member

Your right about being a blast watching old shows that why I like collecting them.

LW