Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I often wonder what it would look like if a Spider-Man movie were produced by a major studio with the same budget as the first Superman movie, say, a year after the Superman movie came out. This would be 1979. What would it be like in terms of presentation? Actors involved? The plot narrative? The villain? Could have been interesting.

villain idea- to keep the budget low, Kingpin, Enforcers (and glimpses of other unpowered Maggia folk like Silvermane, etc.)

Peter- Nick Hammond was great, but he was clearly set up to be a grad-school-aged Peter. Who could have played a high school junior/senior circa 1979?

Ladyfriends: Mary Jane, Gwen, Betty? Maybe all three could be seen?

Jonah Jameson: hmm. this was the era of "Lou Grant", after all. Wonder who could have fit the bill, and who would be willing to have the haircut and mustache.

Aunt May: Aunt May was clearly elderly in the comics, but would they have cast someone very aged, with the expectation that she'd continue for another movie? I don't know.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 05-02-2020 at 03:44 PM.

Spectacular Member

[Well that's an interesting mental idea, but I still would like to have the entire TV series.

LW

Mighty Member

Is Larry Tate reallly J. Jonah. Jameson, or is J. Jonah. Jameson really Larry Tate?

Looks as if the producer of the original 70s show has died: rest in peace--

I'm wondering just when the old show will eventually show up on Disney+. It's way past time. I wonder if there was some type of quiet dispute with his production company regarding home video rights? If so, it will be curious to see what happens now.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/char...230005396.html

Charles “Chuck” Fries, the prolific TV producer behind the 1970s “Amazing Spider-Man” series and “The Martian Chronicles,” has died at the age of 92.

According to a representative, Fries died Thursday “peacefully surrounded by family.”

A Hollywood veteran of nearly 70 years, Fries began his career at Ziv Television in 1952, working on syndicated shows like “The Cisco Kid,” “Highway Patrol,” “Bat Masterson” and “Sea Hunt.” He went on to work at Screen Gems, Metromedia Productions and, later his own company, Fries Entertainment.
    dustin diamond cicely tyson larry king
    dustin diamond cicely tyson larry king

Also Read:
    Hollywood’s Notable Deaths of 2021 (Photos)

Fries was known as the “godfather of the TV movie,” having pioneered the genre with a number of projects and Metromedia and Fries Entertainment. Among the TV movies he produced were “Small Sacrifices” starring Farrah Fawcett and Ryan O’Neal; “The Martian Chronicles,” based on the Ray Bradbury novel and starring Rock Hudson; “Bitter Harvest” starring Ron Howard and Art Carney; and the Emmy-nominated “LBJ” starring Randy Quaid and Patty LuPone.

Other credits include the 1980s feature films “Cat People,” “Out of Bounds” and the Shelley Long comedy “Troop Beverly Hills” — which was based on his wife Ava’s experience leading a Girl Scout troop.

Fries was a lifetime member of the Producer’s Guild of America and recipient of its Lifetime Achievement Award, a former Chair of the American Film Institute, and served in leadership roles in both the Academy of Arts & Television Sciences and the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences.

Spectacular Member

I still want the entire series on DVD?,

LW

I remember owning the series on VHS in the '90s. Mind you, I live in the UK so I can't speak for availability anywhere else. Quality wise, it wasn't that great in my opinion, but I hope you get the chance to watch it.

Spectacular Member

Still I would like this series on DVD completly not just watching on YouTube,

LW