Default Thanos vs. Fernus, Doomsday, Sinestro, Kalibak & Darkseid

616 and Post Crisis.

Thanos vs. Team DC Bad Guys.

Fernus (the burning martian)
    Doomsday (H/P)
    Sinestro
    Kalibak with Motherbox
    Darkseid

Can they come up with a strategy to put the Titan down?

BONUS: Sinestro has the Parallax Entity
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

... any of these guys have TP resistance.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    ... any of these guys have TP resistance.
    Fernus, certainly. He could maybe shield the others?

Ring constructs and Motherbox shenanigans might help? Darkseid has nebulous stuff. HP Doomsday eventually shrugged off Brainiac mind control.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Hrm. If Fernus can, they'd have an easier go of it. I feel like Kalibak is the weakest link though, even WITH the Motherbox. Hinges on whether or not Thanos can get the Motherbox off of him.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

With Fernus, Sinestro and a Mother Box TP shouldn't be an issue.

However, I don't see how they get past Thanos' durability. Maybe a stacked composite might work but I'd still bet on Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    With Fernus, Sinestro and a Mother Box TP shouldn't be an issue.

However, I don't see how they get past Thanos' durability. Maybe a stacked composite might work but I'd still bet on Thanos.
    My thinking as well. I wonder if Sinestro is up to the task of stopping energy strikes from Thanos? As well doesn't Thanos have some transmutation prowess/ability?
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I reckon the best shot probably involves putting Parallax into Darkseid or Doomsday. The stacked powers would be pretty significant. Mongul did REALLY well for himself with just some rings, and he's pretty weak sauce compared to DS/DD, and the rings would be pretty weak sauce compared to Parallax itself.

They could also try something along the lines of Fernus phasing HP Doomsday into Thanos and see if the adaptation factor can compensate for Thanos trying to break free. As a bonus, Fernus could leave the fused whole phased into the ground for good measure. An energy drain from the others with telepathy from now distangled Fernus could be pretty potent too.

Sure theyd end up looking some fan's poorly done deviant art of the sex from Asimov's Gods Themselves but it might be worth a shot

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post

Sure theyd end up looking some fan's poorly done deviant art of the sex from Asimov's Gods Themselves but it might be worth a shot
    I was just all "you know, we haven't really had an archetypal of the board" thread lately, but now here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    They could also try something along the lines of Fernus phasing HP Doomsday into Thanos and see if the adaptation factor can compensate for Thanos trying to break free. As a bonus, Fernus could leave the fused whole phased into the ground for good measure. An energy drain from the others with telepathy from now distangled Fernus could be pretty potent too.

This is the most horrifying yet somehow most beautiful comment I've read in a loooong time.
    - big_adventure

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    This is the most horrifying yet somehow most beautiful comment I've read in a loooong time.
    You're worrying me.

...more.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

BANNED

I was going to say

Waits for the Thanos can’t lose brigade....I see I was too late

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    I was going to say

You sure keep posting a bunch on a board where you repeatedly express disdain for its posters in en masse groups for how you believe they post about a character you don't like.

Alternatively: Where in that is your counter-argument to such as they've been saying?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    You're worrying me.

...more.
    Sorry! Been spending too much time with Cthulhu I suppose ;P
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    I was going to say

The last fight related comment was actually making a point on how Thanos could very well lose (via an extremely imaginative solution lol) but ok.
    - big_adventure