Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Anyway....I think Doomsday would match Thanos physically and then adapt to Thanos TK and energy attacks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    No. In fact I did not. Just goes to show if anything you're obsessed with Thanos if you couldn't even read my post AFTER my reply to you about why the team would win

Yes I like offending myself by arguing against characters I supposedly want to win

Again, no that's not what I said. I countered your claim of Thanos being unable to hurt DD by saying he can *hurt* him. Something you clearly disagree with. I pointed out how it was a no limits fallacy to say Thanos can't hurt him because Superman couldn't.

Yet instead of actually arguing your position, you revert back to your conspiracy theory of people wanting Thanos to win

See, here we have, at least the rudiments of how we do things around here. You say "DD did this", I say "yeah but Thanos did THAT", and we compare the showings and try to arrive at which is better and hence who should win through discussion and debate. For instance, you say Thanos lost to the Avengers, to which I might point out he beat a stronger line up just a few years back, as well as the classic Avengers back when he was explicitly weaker and so on and so forth

The thing with Thanos and DD is that their feats have been hashed out on this board already many times over the years, people agree on their general level after analysing many many feats. But if you want to challenge that assessment you're welcome to try. Start with DD's feats which you believe are better than Thanos and so on, and yknow actually engage in DEBATE

Because so far all I'm getting from this thread is your unreasonable dislike of the character, rather than any attempt to actually debate this fight
    I just did engage in debate, maybe you should relax? You’re the one who keeps making paragraphs about how I insulted you or whatever imaginary slight you think I made. You also made a comment to me in a totally different thread did you not? Oh but I’m the one who’s mad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Your first post in this thread was to complain about a fictional character and how people post about him. You're going full bore "I am rubber you are glue" here to say this. You're the guy whose driving contribution to threads like these is to complain "people here yell spite if Thanos can't win", to quote you from another occasion. Your posts about Thanos are you, being offended that people talk about a fictional character, in a way you don't want them to talk about a fictional character.
    Right and you’re the guys who keep posting about it.

Again, all I’m saying is what was the point if no one really thought he’d lose, I think Doomsday would win though

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post

Again, all I’m saying is what was the point if no one really thought he’d lose, I think Doomsday would win though
    Two totally different scenarios have now been posted that might give them the win over Thanos. Doomsday fusing nonsense + the source wall strategy.

THAT was the point. I wasn't certain if they could beat him or not, but I included enough characters to allow for some creative thinking.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Literally in two successive posts you’ve just said they’re not a threat and yet that Doomsday could solo. How can both be true? By Doomsday being so unthreatening that Thanos kills himself out of boredom?

TDK went to a lot of effort to point out the inconsistencies in what you’ve said, but then you just shrug that off and reiterate completely opposing views. Do you also think Thanos is not only ‘a fictional character’ but also equally real? I mean... concurrent, mutually exclusive truths seem to be your thing.

And don’t make the mistake of thinking that anyone’s offended, except our intelligence. We’re really not that bothered - just kind of curious and sad as to what sort of butt-hurt resentment about Thanos makes someone pour bitterness and scorn onto a ‘brigade’ of people here.

Do you object to the fact that following the rules of the forum means that individually these guys might not have the feats to beat Thanos, but there’s a possibility they might beat him collectively through phase-orgy? Because if those rules offend you by leading to a result you so vehemently dislike and/or disagree with, why post here?
    I don’t wish to offend anyone...I’m stating my opinion.

I made a comment how DD could win...then I get well there’s a no limits valance as though Thanos had unlimited power, then I said Doomsday was only beaten by being sent to the end of time I think. The poster then made a snarky comment in another thread

DD has fought telepaths and win has he not? I know Thanos is damn strong yet DD survived against the JL, a mother box powered Superman and the omega beams.

As for my earlier comments, I’ve already addressed then, I’ll pretty much ignore any reply not having to do with the actual fight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Two totally different scenarios have now been posted that might give them the win over Thanos. Doomsday fusing nonsense + the source wall strategy.

THAT was the point. I wasn't certain if they could beat him or not, but I included enough characters to allow for some creative thinking.
    I just realized something, Arby.

You put H/P Doomsday in a room with Darksied. Darksied is going to panic, and teleport him away.

No, I'm not really being serious, here.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Anyway....I think Doomsday would match Thanos physically and then adapt to Thanos TK and energy attacks.
    This is an argument you can try making. Let's focus on this.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I just realized something, Arby.

You put H/P Doomsday in a room with Darksied. Darksied is going to panic, and teleport him away.

No, I'm not really being serious, here.
    They were not particularly buddy buddy, no. :P
    - big_adventure

I was thinking when old school Thanos was turned to crystal by Warlock. My bad on not being clear. The guy definitely has more recent and better stuff.

As a point of curiosity, do we really treat that as a pure durability thing? Or as a "dude can reverse esoterics real good" thing?

The implication of that feat being a sheer durability feat is that you could cut Thanos completely in half and it would be but the briefest of inconveniences. Which runs counter to the plenty of times raw damage (of sufficient scale) has messed him up plenty despite him being mostly intact.
    It's not a durability thing, it's a resistance to esoterics thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    It's not a durability thing, it's a resistance to esoterics thing.
    Ok, cool. That is what I figured.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009;4433190[b
    ]I just did engage in debate, [/B] maybe you should relax?
    Not really, not even after I so patiently tried to explain how this shindig works

You’re the one who keeps making paragraphs about how I insulted you or whatever imaginary slight you think I made.
    You did use a rather patronizing tone to tell me not to get offended over a fictional character. The paragraphs are for your benefit not mine, just trying to explain the rules

You also made a comment to me in a totally different thread did you not? Oh but I’m the one who’s mad.
    I didn't even realize that was you, totally unconnected, a remark made in jest

If you think he will win you need to argue why this is so, instead of accusing people of conspiring in favor of Thanos. If you think Thanos is being giving preferrential treatment, you need to point out how this is so, like you attempted to do with Thanos losing to the Avengers. Because so far your remarks lack the depth of argument and come across as being contrary merely for the sake of being contrary. Just repeating "anyway I think DD wins" without identifying which feats prove this make you the only poster here biased in favour of one character

I made a comment how DD could win...then I get well there’s a no limits valance as though Thanos had unlimited power, then I said Doomsday was only beaten by being sent to the end of time I think.
    Does DD have unlimited power that only the end of time can defeat him? Has he not been defeated by the Radiant, KOd for thousands of years by a Guardian blowing himself up, despite beginning to absorb the very energy that was doing so AND having a GL ring? Was he not initially defeated by a single GL before he broke free and took his ring?

DD has fought telepaths and win has he not?
    Yes he has been fought against and been controlled by Braniac and Manchester Black, albeit one can argue both are more powerful telepaths than Thanos, and still had to use extra power to control DD . In both cases he didn't actually break free himself but was released by others

I know Thanos is damn strong yet DD survived against the JL,
    Thanos "survived" against Odin, which is somewhat better than beating the JL, mostly off panel and with half the JL typically forgetting their powers

a mother box powered Superman
    Who has little in the way of feats, and ultimately came across as weaker than late post crisis Superman

and the omega beams.
    With the explicit caveat that Darkseid had not used them at point blank range and was prevented from doing so
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 06-29-2019 at 03:13 PM.

Note: this is NOT me suggesting Doomsday can solo Thanos. Just correcting some things. Or at the least offering my opinion on them.

1: That GL only "defeated" Doomsday if you think briefly restraining the guy is defeating him. Doomsday was fine and broke out in short order iirc.

2: You are correct that Superman eventually freed Doomsday from Brainiac, but a big plot point of that story was that Doomsday's resistance was growing and Braniac couldnt control him forever. Haven't seen the Manchester Black thing. Was that HP Doomsday?

3: I wouldn't say Supes came off all that badly. Surviving a million nukes worth of explosives is pretty ok for the guy. It was point blank after all and although it dazed him, he never lost consciousness iirc.

4: The Omega Beams in that story were pretty potent even when not point blank. Which really, the distance has never affected them before or after. It was a weird statement imo. At range they smashed through armor Superman couldn't even scratch. Made Superman scream in pain despite not even being the target while exclaiming "my arms feel like fire!". Finally they one shot Henshaw and transmuted him despite upgrading his body.
    - big_adventure

Note: this is NOT me suggesting Doomsday can solo Thanos. Just correcting some things. Or at the least offering my opinion on them.

1: That GL only "defeated" Doomsday if you think briefly restraining the guy is defeating him. Doomsday was fine and broke out in short order iirc.
    The GL blasted him, had him sealed and unable to move in an amber like construct, not just an energy cage for long enough that narration notes "finally" when he finally broke through. It's also explicitly noted that the GL's attention was elsewhere when this happened
    https://i.postimg.cc/h45kf1Lr/image.jpg
    https://i.postimg.cc/gkLfRL4P/image.jpg
    https://i.postimg.cc/tgRbhCYt/image.jpg

2: You are correct that Superman eventually freed Doomsday from Brainiac, but a big plot point of that story was that Doomsday's resistance was growing and Braniac couldnt control him forever. Haven't seen the Manchester Black thing. Was that HP Doomsday?
    Yes, but Braniac still controlled him for long enough to count as a win here, albeit with the caveats noted. Manchester Black was used by the govt to control DD in Our Worlds at War, at the end of which HP DD died, but only after near soloing the Impereix probes. I'd say he was on the same level, aside from this directly being his next appearance after DD wars

3: I wouldn't say Supes came off all that badly. Surviving a million nukes worth of explosives is pretty ok for the guy. It was point blank after all and although it dazed him, he never lost consciousness iirc.
    It's good but not quite in the league of surviving supernovas or being only briefly KOd when being at the center of planets being fused together or even the shadow moon thing. And this was while he had the mother box healing him and such. In any case he was explicitly noted to be more powerful post infinite crisis

4: The Omega Beams in that story were pretty potent even when not point blank. Which really, the distance has never affected them before or after. It was a weird statement imo. At range they smashed through armor Superman couldn't even scratch. Made Superman scream in pain despite not even being the target while exclaiming "my arms feel like fire!". Finally they one shot Henshaw and transmuted him despite upgrading his body.
    The OB in the story had a specific thing with " Point blank range" such that Henshaw himself was able to bounce them till Darkseid hit him at closer range