Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    I was going to say

Waits for the Thanos can’t lose brigade....I see I was too late
    There’s nothing like petty snark to back up a completely baseless assertion, is there?

Thanos loses plenty on this board. But it’s incredibly difficult for characters below Skyfather-level, which all of these guys are.

Had it not been post-Crisis, and thereby the suckiest version of Darkseid of all time, he might have been able to do it on his own. But it IS the aforementioned super-extra-sucky-sauce Darkseid, so he can’t.

And this is why Arby put all of these characters together against Thanos, to see if they could adequately beat him. Turns out not really on this occasion (Asimov-god-sex aside), but none of us go into these threads thinking “whatever happens we MUST make sure Thanos wins”.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    You sure keep posting a bunch on a board where you repeatedly express disdain for its posters in en masse groups for how you believe they post about a character you don't like.

Alternatively: Where in that is your counter-argument to such as they've been saying?
    Where’s my disdain? I made a comment that’s it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    The last fight related comment was actually making a point on how Thanos could very well lose (via an extremely imaginative solution lol) but ok.
    But why would it take EVERYONE to beat him? Wouldn’t it just take doomsday n Darkseid or one by themselves?

I see no point in the others is all I’m saying.

But why would it take EVERYONE to beat him? Wouldn’t it just take doomsday n Darkseid or one by themselves?

I see no point in the others is all I’m saying.
    Then you need to argue for why they alone can beat him instead of snarky comments like "woah people are saying Thanos WINS. Again. What a SHOCKER"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    There’s nothing like petty snark to back up a completely baseless assertion, is there?

Thanos loses plenty on this board. But it’s incredibly difficult for characters below Skyfather-level, which all of these guys are.

Had it not been post-Crisis, and thereby the suckiest version of Darkseid of all time, he might have been able to do it on his own. But it IS the aforementioned super-extra-sucky-sauce Darkseid, so he can’t.

And this is why Arby put all of these characters together against Thanos, to see if they could adequately beat him. Turns out not really on this occasion (Asimov-god-sex aside), but none of us go into these threads thinking “whatever happens we MUST make sure Thanos wins”.
    There’s really no point in getting upset. AND Thanos has lost to the avengers in recent incarnations...I don’t see him being anyone on this team

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Then you need to argue for why they alone can beat him instead of snarky comments like "woah people are saying Thanos WINS. Again. What a SHOCKER"
    What version of Darkseid is this? If it’s say the great darkness saga version I’m sure he could defeat him in hand to hand, omega beams, etc.

How would Thanos hurt H/P doomsday? He’s probably adapt to his TK, and this version of doomsday pretty tough.

What version of Darkseid is this? If it’s say the great darkness saga version I’m sure he could defeat him in hand to hand, omega beams, etc.
    Read the OP (original post). It specifies quite clearly

How would Thanos hurt H/P doomsday? He’s probably adapt to his TK, and this version of doomsday pretty tough.
    So are you saying no one can hurt Doomsday because he can "adapt"? That's a no limits fallacy

Otherwise going by demonstrated feats of what DD has endured and what Thanos dishes out I'd say he can hurt DD just fine

For the bonus, how powerful are entity hosts. Does a parallax host even begin to approach 90s parallax? are they just lanterns but extra?

So are you saying no one can hurt Doomsday because he can "adapt"? That's a no limits fallacy

Otherwise going by demonstrated feats of what DD has endured and what Thanos dishes out I'd say he can hurt DD just fine
    Thanos has an edge, but I do think DD is at least closely orbiting the guy in terms of physicality.

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    For the bonus, how powerful are entity hosts. Does a parallax host even begin to approach 90s parallax? are they just lanterns but extra?
    They don't really approach 90's, no. No shame there.
    Super Steroid lantern sounds closer. Plus some extra esoteric stuff.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

90s Parallax, or Zero Hour at least, had their entire central power battery plus some leftover energy from Crisis on Infinite Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    90s Parallax, or Zero Hour at least, had their entire central power battery plus some leftover energy from Crisis on Infinite Earth.
    That's a whole lotta lemonade. A veritable golden shower of it, even.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

BANNED

Then you proved my point....its just another thread where thanks has no challenge

Then you proved my point....its just another thread where thanks has no challenge
    By chance have you had an opportunity to check out FAQs or any of the other stickied stuff?

The skinny is this: we go by high feats consistent with the character's presentation. Strictly a no PIS forum. By the measure Thanos is way on up the food chain.

As we've not met, welcome!
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    By chance have you had an opportunity to check out FAQs or any of the other stickied stuff?

The skinny is this: we go by high feats consistent with the character's presentation. Strictly a no PIS forum. By the measure Thanos is way on up the food chain.

As we've not met, welcome!
    I understand but again...it’s kinda pointless to give him what are considered weak opponents

I’m not trying to insult though

I understand but again...it’s kinda pointless to give him what are considered weak opponents

I’m not trying to insult though
    The opponents are only "weak" relative to Thanos. They are quite potent in the context of their own opponents and time frames. But because they ARE kinda weak compared to Thanos himself, I put them all together on a team instead of a solo fight.

And sure enough, because of the synergy of this teams potential, a situation was mentioned where they stand a chance to win! The team aspect allowed them to be greater than the sum of their parts.

Unless people feel Thanos really CAN just ignore a similarly brickish opponent with an adaptive healing factor getting shoved into his body. Which like... maybe he can? But I have doubts.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure