Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 81
  1. #31
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    17,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    The opponents are only "weak" relative to Thanos. They are quite potent in the context of their own opponents and time frames. But because they ARE kinda weak compared to Thanos himself, I put them all together on a team instead of a solo fight.

    And sure enough, because of the synergy of this teams potential, a situation was mentioned where they stand a chance to win! The team aspect allowed them to be greater than the sum of their parts.

    Unless people feel Thanos really CAN just ignore a similarly brickish opponent with an adaptive healing factor getting shoved into his body. Which like... maybe he can? But I have doubts.
    I mean he was unbothered when he was turned to crystal and a variety of other things, as far as it goes. Whether or not he goes, "the hell is this ?!" remains to be seen.
    "... and when the Golden Toad started to sing, there was no turning back." - grampagen (Ochazuke)

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  2. #32
    Extraordinary Member The Dork Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    I’m not trying to insult though
    And yet it seems like you are. Your own intelligence that is

    Your original argument was

    Waits for the Thanos can’t lose brigade....I see I was too late
    A pretty clear accusation that at least some here, a brigade even, are convinced Thanos "can't lose"

    You then explicitly state what your problem with this argument, in the context of this thread is, multiple times

    But why would it take EVERYONE to beat him? Wouldn’t it just take doomsday n Darkseid or one by themselves?

    I see no point in the others is all I’m saying
    There’s really no point in getting upset. AND Thanos has lost to the avengers in recent incarnations...I don’t see him being anyone on this team
    To the point of being convinced Thanos can't even hurt HP Doomsday alone

    How would Thanos hurt H/P doomsday? He’s probably adapt to his TK, and this version of doomsday pretty tough
    When thus asked to prove your assertion for why it is so, you apparently now disagree with yourself

    I understand but again...it’s kinda pointless to give him what are considered weak opponents
    So apparently people you felt could solo are "weak opponents" now, all in the space of merely being asked to prove why they should solo beat Thanos

    But wait, there's more

    Then you proved my point....its just another thread where thanks has no challenge
    You clearly didn't yourself agree that wasn't "no challenge" right up to asserting individual ones can't even be hurt by Thanos and should solo. Yet apparently merely asking why this should be so "proves" some sort of agenda for why the board keeps creating threads for Thanos to win, rather than merely your inability to back up your own claims of why individual team members should solo

    It all becomes so clear when you read this in isolation though

    pointless to give him what are considered weak opponents
    Ahh yes. The vast conspiracy to "give Thanos" easy opponents from thread creator to everyone else on this board apparently. All starting with the mere question of why they should be beating Thanos solo (your claim)

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I mean he was unbothered when he was turned to crystal and a variety of other things, as far as it goes. Whether or not he goes, "the hell is this ?!" remains to be seen.
    Pretty sure he was bothered by the crystal thing. As in it temporarily stopped him and he overcame it off panel.

    But this time he's being turned into an angry monster crystal with spikes and poison and guided evolution! ;P
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  4. #34
    Extraordinary Member The Dork Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Thanos has an edge, but I do think DD is at least closely orbiting the guy in terms of physicality.
    Oh sure. My argument is merely that Thanos has the oomph to at least "hurt" the guy, make him feel it, as opposed to certain other claims being made on this thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I mean he was unbothered when he was turned to crystal and a variety of other things, as far as it goes. Whether or not he goes, "the hell is this ?!" remains to be seen.
    It's more that in addition to having a high end brick fused into him, he'll also have to deal with a high end brick that constantly adapts, much like Thanos did himself in the reality warping scene. To the extent that HP Doomsday learns to cancel out specific forms of energy that used to affect him once. Thanos might still be able to deal with that but while a high end telepath is attacking him? And people and things that drain life forces and such acting on him? It's at least going to make him work for it

  5. #35
    Mighty Member moonknight11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,511

    Default

    Idk about you guys but I indeed feed weaker opponents to build up Thanos. I gotta get him a shot at the heavyweight title, he needs these jobbers.

    Edit: could fusing him to Doomsday and then chucking them to the source wall via boom tube work?
    Last edited by moonknight11; 06-28-2019 at 10:40 PM.

  6. #36
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,132

    Default

    ...Huh. Source Wall could actually do it. And Fernus should be able to operate Motherbox at superspeed (he learned to use the Phantom Zone projector this way) and chuck Thanos through.

  7. #37
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    And yet it seems like you are. Your own intelligence that is

    Your original argument was


    A pretty clear accusation that at least some here, a brigade even, are convinced Thanos "can't lose"

    You then explicitly state what your problem with this argument, in the context of this thread is, multiple times



    To the point of being convinced Thanos can't even hurt HP Doomsday alone



    When thus asked to prove your assertion for why it is so, you apparently now disagree with yourself



    So apparently people you felt could solo are "weak opponents" now, all in the space of merely being asked to prove why they should solo beat Thanos

    But wait, there's more


    You clearly didn't yourself agree that wasn't "no challenge" right up to asserting individual ones can't even be hurt by Thanos and should solo. Yet apparently merely asking why this should be so "proves" some sort of agenda for why the board keeps creating threads for Thanos to win, rather than merely your inability to back up your own claims of why individual team members should solo

    It all becomes so clear when you read this in isolation though



    Ahh yes. The vast conspiracy to "give Thanos" easy opponents from thread creator to everyone else on this board apparently. All starting with the mere question of why they should be beating Thanos solo (your claim)
    I said that people would argue Thanos would win...and you did. I was just stating fact.

    I’m sorry you’re offended over a fictional character.

    I also stated that Doomsday could beat him, you then said no, all I said was then what was the point of having him fight guys who aren’t a challenge?

  8. #38
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    283

    Default

    I think Doomsday alone would win...didnít they have to send him to the end of time to beat him?

  9. #39
    Extraordinary Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,659

    Default

    Iím sorry youíre offended over a fictional character.
    Your first post in this thread was to complain about a fictional character and how people post about him. You're going full bore "I am rubber you are glue" here to say this. You're the guy whose driving contribution to threads like these is to complain "people here yell spite if Thanos can't win", to quote you from another occasion. Your posts about Thanos are you, being offended that people talk about a fictional character, in a way you don't want them to talk about a fictional character.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 06-29-2019 at 01:17 AM.

  10. #40
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,072

    Default

    Literally in two successive posts you’ve just said they’re not a threat and yet that Doomsday could solo. How can both be true? By Doomsday being so unthreatening that Thanos kills himself out of boredom?

    TDK went to a lot of effort to point out the inconsistencies in what you’ve said, but then you just shrug that off and reiterate completely opposing views. Do you also think Thanos is not only ‘a fictional character’ but also equally real? I mean... concurrent, mutually exclusive truths seem to be your thing.

    And don’t make the mistake of thinking that anyone’s offended, except our intelligence. We’re really not that bothered - just kind of curious and sad as to what sort of butt-hurt resentment about Thanos makes someone pour bitterness and scorn onto a ‘brigade’ of people here.

    Do you object to the fact that following the rules of the forum means that individually these guys might not have the feats to beat Thanos, but there’s a possibility they might beat him collectively through phase-orgy? Because if those rules offend you by leading to a result you so vehemently dislike and/or disagree with, why post here?

  11. #41
    Extraordinary Member The Dork Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    I said that people would argue Thanos would win...and you did. I was just stating fact.
    No. In fact I did not. Just goes to show if anything you're obsessed with Thanos if you couldn't even read my post AFTER my reply to you about why the team would win

    I’m sorry you’re offended over a fictional character.
    Yes I like offending myself by arguing against characters I supposedly want to win

    I also stated that Doomsday could beat him, you then said no, all I said was then what was the point of having him fight guys who aren’t a challenge?
    Again, no that's not what I said. I countered your claim of Thanos being unable to hurt DD by saying he can *hurt* him. Something you clearly disagree with. I pointed out how it was a no limits fallacy to say Thanos can't hurt him because Superman couldn't.

    Yet instead of actually arguing your position, you revert back to your conspiracy theory of people wanting Thanos to win

    I think Doomsday alone would win...didn’t they have to send him to the end of time to beat him
    See, here we have, at least the rudiments of how we do things around here. You say "DD did this", I say "yeah but Thanos did THAT", and we compare the showings and try to arrive at which is better and hence who should win through discussion and debate. For instance, you say Thanos lost to the Avengers, to which I might point out he beat a stronger line up just a few years back, as well as the classic Avengers back when he was explicitly weaker and so on and so forth

    The thing with Thanos and DD is that their feats have been hashed out on this board already many times over the years, people agree on their general level after analysing many many feats. But if you want to challenge that assessment you're welcome to try. Start with DD's feats which you believe are better than Thanos and so on, and yknow actually engage in DEBATE

    Because so far all I'm getting from this thread is your unreasonable dislike of the character, rather than any attempt to actually debate this fight
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 06-29-2019 at 03:36 AM.

  12. #42
    Astonishing Member Slade1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Pretty sure he was bothered by the crystal thing. As in it temporarily stopped him and he overcame it off panel.
    I'm not sure if you're talking about the same instance, but in Thanos Quest, he flew through the Chaos Lord and Master Order's domain. He was actually crystallized for a moment (among other things) and then reformed back. It happened on panel and it didn't impede him in any way.

  13. #43
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    17,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Pretty sure he was bothered by the crystal thing. As in it temporarily stopped him and he overcame it off panel.

    But this time he's being turned into an angry monster crystal with spikes and poison and guided evolution! ;P
    Nah, he ignored everything.



    Dork raised a good point about multiple sources of attack in addition; but my main point was that he's not going to be overly bothered by Doomsday being fused with him. Trying to get him out is more the issue. Though given the context of 'reality means jack, I'm Thanos yo.' ... maybe not so much ?
    "... and when the Golden Toad started to sing, there was no turning back." - grampagen (Ochazuke)

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  14. #44

    Default

    I was thinking when old school Thanos was turned to crystal by Warlock. My bad on not being clear. The guy definitely has more recent and better stuff.

    As a point of curiosity, do we really treat that as a pure durability thing? Or as a "dude can reverse esoterics real good" thing?

    The implication of that feat being a sheer durability feat is that you could cut Thanos completely in half and it would be but the briefest of inconveniences. Which runs counter to the plenty of times raw damage (of sufficient scale) has messed him up plenty despite him being mostly intact.
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  15. #45
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    17,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I was thinking when old school Thanos was turned to crystal by Warlock. My bad on not being clear. The guy definitely has more recent and better stuff.

    As a point of curiosity, do we really treat that as a pure durability thing? Or as a "dude can reverse esoterics real good" thing?

    The implication of that feat being a sheer durability feat is that you could cut Thanos completely in half and it would be but the briefest of inconveniences. Which runs counter to the plenty of times raw damage (of sufficient scale) has messed him up plenty despite him being mostly intact.
    I see it more like molecular control ala an Eternal, or the Sentry; over anything that's strictly durability-based. Though the man did have his hard shoved out of his chest by Drax, and was alive enough to go "interesting." So I feel like to a certain point dismemberment would be an inconvenience.
    "... and when the Golden Toad started to sing, there was no turning back." - grampagen (Ochazuke)

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •