Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member Trusty Mutsi's Avatar

How's "Windblade"? Anywhere near as good as "More Than Meets the Eye"?

Spectacular Member

COMBINER WARS??? Intriguing!

Incredible Member

IDW/Hasbro Panel

Alright, first a quick run down on everything that is coming up!

Trasformers Robots in Disguise – John Barber writing, Andrew Griffith main artist. Searching on Earth for 'mysterious object' - everyone loves Thundercracker and Buster.

Transformers More Than Meets The Eye – James Roberts writing, teases return of old favourites, more horror, sci-fi and personal drama.

Transformers Windblade – Miniseries. Mairghread Scott writing. Sarah Stone art. Recently concluded first solo adventure, will return. Response has been impressive and amazing.

Transformers Primacy – Miniseries. Writers Chris Metzen and Flint Dille, artist Livio Ramondelli. Final part of Cybertron Wars (Autocracy, Monstrosity), Ramondelli co-plotted volume this time.

Transformers Punishment – Miniseries. Barber written, Livio Ramondelli drawn digital comic. Shortly arriving on other OS, and possibly other formats too.

Drift: Empire of Stone. Miniseries. Writer Shane McCarthy, artist Guido Guidi.

The cross-franchise Combiner Wars event, announced yesterday, will take place in the comics too, with John Barber and Mairghread Scott on writing duties, across 2015. We've already seen some seeding of the event in the comics so far.
    Then some alternate universes stuff

Angry Birds Transformers crossover comic! Written by John Barber and art by Marcelo Ferreira. Covers by Livio Ramondelli, and Casey W. Coller & John-Paul Bove. Premise: All-Spark falls to Piggy Island, Transformers personalities merge with inhabitants. Very funny comic, panel says.

Transformers vs G.I. Joe - Tom Scioli and John Barber writing, Trypticon will show up in issue 2! Sold out at distributor level, Liefeld convention cover exclusive sold out.
    No plans for a Transformers and My Little Pony crossover, more Grimlock coming, and aftermath of Dark Cybertron/Crystal City to be explored in RID #33.

Spectacular Member

Excited for Primacy, Punishment, and Drift. Windblade series I found it quite bad.

Ultimate Member

Has there been any word on when the Deception Justice Division will show up? They got a spotlight within the first year, but we've seen absolutely nothing since.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Has there been any word on when the Deception Justice Division will show up? They got a spotlight within the first year, but we've seen absolutely nothing since.
    I hope they come back. Especially now that Megatron himself is probably on their List. IDW plays the long game though, so who knows?

I'm kinda annoyed that issues 3 and 9 of the classic series were omitted in the recent Humble Bundle. It's still a great deal for what it costs, but I don't understand why the omissions when IDW already worked out the legal problems.

Fantastic Member Talkie Toaster's Avatar

Very excited for Primacy.
    I absolutely love Ramondelli's TF art.

Fantastic Member Talkie Toaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trusty Mutsi View Post
    How's "Windblade"? Anywhere near as good as "More Than Meets the Eye"?
    Opinions will vary but I found it to be the weaker of the three series.

RID #31 Spoilers

Just red RID #31 and loved the cliffhanger ending with Prowl pointing a gun at the back of Jazz's head. What the hell is going on with Prowl? I know he was brain washed by the decepticons before Dark Cybertron took place and I wonder if he every really got his head cleared or if there are some residual effects. He's frequently undermining Prime's authority and seems to be running his own game. I know we've seen Scavenger reporting to the Decepticons but I'm starting to think Prowl is telling him to do so. Remember when Arcee told Prowl she thought Scavenger was a spy and he simply asked if she was going to tell Prime? I can't wait to see how this all plays out. If Prowl is on his own side he's going to be very dangerous because he's really intelligent and forms Devastator so he's got the brains and muscle. I'm also looking forward to when Galvatron stops letting Soundwave keep his real nature under leash. You know its only a matter of time before Galvatron goes berserk on the humans. Can't wait for #32.
    Last edited by Dallas; 08-06-2014 at 02:40 PM.
    Pull List: Star Trek/Planet of the Apes, Ragnarok, Escape from New York, Rai and Transformers Drift.

Does anyone know is the a jumping on point coming up for the transformers comics? I want to get into them but not much in my budget to go back and pick up the back issues right now.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stage3evolution View Post
    Does anyone know is the a jumping on point coming up for the transformers comics? I want to get into them but not much in my budget to go back and pick up the back issues right now.
    We actually just had one (RID #28, MTMTE #28, and Windblade #1) so I'd imagine the next one will probably be after Combiner Wars next year. The current books are on issue #31 and Windblade was a four issue miniseries that finished already so there's not too much to catch up on if you don't feel like waiting. It is really worth reading from issue #1 though. They're both telling really long stories that intertwine.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    We actually just had one (RID #28, MTMTE #28, and Windblade #1) so I'd imagine the next one will probably be after Combiner Wars next year. The current books are on issue #31 and Windblade was a four issue miniseries that finished already so there's not too much to catch up on if you don't feel like waiting. It is really worth reading from issue #1 though. They're both telling really long stories that intertwine.
    Thanks that isn't to bad. I think I could catch up from there

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
    RID #31 Spoilers

Just red RID #31 and loved the cliffhanger ending with Prowl pointing a gun at the back of Jazz's head. What the hell is going on with Prowl? I know he was brain washed by the decepticons before Dark Cybertron took place and I wonder if he every really got his head cleared or if there are some residual effects. He's frequently undermining Prime's authority and seems to be running his own game. I know we've seen Scavenger reporting to the Decepticons but I'm starting to think Prowl is telling him to do so. Remember when Arcee told Prowl she thought Scavenger was a spy and he simply asked if she was going to tell Prime? I can't wait to see how this all plays out. If Prowl is on his own side he's going to be very dangerous because he's really intelligent and forms Devastator so he's got the brains and muscle. I'm also looking forward to when Galvatron stops letting Soundwave keep his real nature under leash. You know its only a matter of time before Galvatron goes berserk on the humans. Can't wait for #32.
    Ideally, Prowl won't go evil again. It could just be that he wants to exploit Alpha Trion's connection to the military's network before it gets severed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Ideally, Prowl won't go evil again. It could just be that he wants to exploit Alpha Trion's connection to the military's network before it gets severed.
    That's a good possibility as Prowl tends to think on multiple strategic levels but why is he pointing a gun rather than just putting his hand on Jazz's shoulder and then explaining his rational? Unless he's going to insist on doing things his way wether Jazz agrees or not. But that would still make him...radical in his methods at the very least. I guess we'll find out in 3 weeks.
    Pull List: Star Trek/Planet of the Apes, Ragnarok, Escape from New York, Rai and Transformers Drift.