Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by McFly76 View Post
    So, Lost Light is Rodimus and co., Til All Are One is basically Robots in Disguise with Bumblebee and co, and there's now the third Optimus Prime title. Interesting.

(I'm presuming those characters are all still in it - I'm only three volumes into RiD and MTMTE!)
    Flip Optimus and Til All Are One. Optimus is the continuation of RiD/Transformers. 'Til All Are One launched while Rid/TF was still running, before it became Optimus Prime.

As far as what characters are around... well....

Yeah, no spoilers please!

Looking forward to catch up!

Canadian Curmudgeon Scott M Davis's Avatar

I feel like I am way too lost on Lost Light.
    Pull List: Catalyst Prime Titles and Dinosaucers

Quote Originally Posted by McFly76 View Post
    Yeah, no spoilers please!

Looking forward to catch up!
    That's as far as I'll go lol

Quote Originally Posted by Scott M Davis View Post
    I feel like I am way too lost on Lost Light.
    There's a lot being pulled over from More than Meets the Eye. And even then it's still hard to follow. Easily the least new-reader friendly book.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    There's a lot being pulled over from More than Meets the Eye. And even then it's still hard to follow. Easily the least new-reader friendly book.
    I know that, but I read the last few issues of MTMTE and it doesn't feel like it matches up at all.. BUT! Its friggin interesting as hell.

I know that, but I read the last few issues of MTMTE and it doesn't feel like it matches up at all.. BUT! Its friggin interesting as hell.
    Did you read all of MTMTE? Because what's going on was introduced in much earlier issues. And would no doubt be confusing for anyone who hadn't been introduced to it earlier.

Did you read all of MTMTE? Because what's going on was introduced in much earlier issues. And would no doubt be confusing for anyone who hadn't been introduced to it earlier.
    I've only gone back a few trades. What an odd choice of where to start a new series, that would leave new readers confused.

BANNED

I've only gone back a few trades. What an odd choice of where to start a new series, that would leave new readers confused.
    I'm positive it wasn't Roberts' choice to rename the book as if it were a new series; he's been saying since the book was announced that this was "Season 3" of MtMtE. He's even thrown around the idea of renumbering Lost Light #47 (his last issue on the series) as MtMtE #100. MyMtE is great, but it requires you to pay attention. I started on volume 2 (because of the cover) and even then I was a little lost because of the book's cast of previously obscure characters.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    I'm positive it wasn't Roberts' choice to rename the book as if it were a new series; he's been saying since the book was announced that this was "Season 3" of MtMtE. He's even thrown around the idea of renumbering Lost Light #47 (his last issue on the series) as MtMtE #100. MyMtE is great, but it requires you to pay attention. I started on volume 2 (because of the cover) and even then I was a little lost because of the book's cast of previously obscure characters.
    I read Issue 3 of LL, and it finally sold me on the comic. All 3 of the TF titles are good reads.

BANNED

I read Issue 3 of LL, and it finally sold me on the comic. All 3 of the TF titles are good reads.
    If you ever get back in the trades to before #17 or so ("Season 1") that's the money. There are people (not me) who really hated Season 2 of the book, but they all do so because of how good Season 1 was. Plus you sincerely do have to go that far back to get some of the references in LL#3.

Season 1 was definitely better, but I enjoyed season 2. This is the only comic I've gone back and read more than once WHILE it was still being published. You do really need to pay attention to it.

ImprobableQuestion, where did you hear that #47(100) would be Roberts last issue on the series? Did he say that's where he was ending it?

BANNED

Season 1 was definitely better, but I enjoyed season 2. This is the only comic I've gone back and read more than once WHILE it was still being published. You do really need to pay attention to it.

ImprobableQuestion, where did you hear that #47(100) would be Roberts last issue on the series? Did he say that's where he was ending it?
    I'm pretty sure he said he's plotted out the story through issue 100 in a couple interviews, one in response to a question about whether he'd ever get to his own #113 to complete the circle of fandom.

Ultimate Member

Just wondering, has Roberts hinted at why Anode was on Cybertron in the functionalist world? I thought she came from the colonies, that never had any contract with Cybertron?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Just wondering, has Roberts hinted at why Anode was on Cybertron in the functionalist world? I thought she came from the colonies, that never had any contract with Cybertron?
    I'm guessing the implication is that (probably in their dealings with the Black Bloc) the Functionists drew everyone back to Cybertron where they could better control the race's development.

How many continuity reboots have their been since the 80s comics series ended?

Where would you even begin to start buying the most current books? TPBs, etc.?