Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Canadian Curmudgeon Scott M Davis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    How many continuity reboots have their been since the 80s comics series ended?

Where would you even begin to start buying the most current books? TPBs, etc.?
    This is probably the best way to figure out where you want to start.

IDW - Transformers Reading Order

I personally am jumping in at Combiner Wars and Up.
    Last edited by Scott M Davis; 03-03-2017 at 06:04 PM.
    Pull List: Catalyst Prime Titles and Dinosaucers

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    How many continuity reboots have their been since the 80s comics series ended?

Where would you even begin to start buying the most current books? TPBs, etc.?
    A lot lol. Really, I would suggest starting the 'Death of Optimus Prime' and then you can read the trades of Robots in Disguise and More than Meets the Eye. Stuff is referenced from before than but not really important at all. (This is what I did and then backtracked for funsies.)

Incredible Member

Use this reading order with Death of Optimus Prime before reading mtmte 1 and RID 1; and The Transformers: Drift before mtmte 1; "Spotlight: Kup", " All Hail Megatron " 15a and "Spotlight: Drift" before LSotW; Also add and "Autocracy", "Primacy", "Monstrosity" and "The Transformers: Megatron Origin" sometime before mtmte 28.

Has anyone been keeping up with Lost Light?

I read issue #4 this morning...it was enjoyable... getting easier to follow again after the long break in between the end of Dying of the Light and the launch of the new #1's. Back and forth between Megatron and Rodimus is always a treat.

Canadian Curmudgeon Scott M Davis's Avatar

Gonna be dropping Optimus Prime and Lost Light. They are decent titles, but TaRO just hits all those right points I am looking for.
    Pull List: Catalyst Prime Titles and Dinosaucers

Ultimate Member

I have a question about the last arc of More than meets the eye. Spoilers, obviously...

So basically, Getaway lured Rodimus' team to the Necrobot's world, to strand them there and have Megatron killed by Overlord (ideal option). He had no idea that the DJD were on the same planet, waiting in ambush.

Given that fact, how exactly did the DJD know that Megatron was coming? They were ready and waiting for the team when they showed up. How did they manage that?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott M Davis View Post
    Gonna be dropping Optimus Prime and Lost Light. They are decent titles, but TaRO just hits all those right points I am looking for.
    I didn't pick up OP to begin with.. I have no interest in dealings with the other Hasbro properties. TAAO is a nice little book though, I agree. I'm with the LL crew to the end though.
    Last edited by cc008; 04-29-2017 at 10:17 AM.

I just picked up Transformers:Unicron #1. I read this event is set to conclude the current Transformers continuity. That said it's a beautiful looking book. IDW seems to do a really good job with their art as far as transformers are concerned. Looking forward to seeing how this one ends. I like that Prime played a bit of a con with the 13th Prime legend too. Adds a little more to his character and takes away some of the perfect boy scout persona Prime has in some mediums.

https://sirmarkussite.wordpress.com/...ers-unicron-1/