Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I was never a really big Transformers fan. Even growing up I watched the cartoons, but it wasn't my favorite or anything. However I'm loving the IDW Transformer comics. Between these and the TMNT comics IDW is putting out some really quality Licensed Property comics. I just wish they could get it together with GI Joe. I actually was enjoying it until the new direction. Hope they start a new Snake Eyes series soon. I seriously hope we get a Snake Eyes and Drift team up in the Transformers GI Joe comic.

BANNED

I just finished MtMtE and I can't wait to see what happens, but the promise if the briefcase opening in a few months kind of takes the anticipation out of this story.

- I was surprised by how harsh Optimus was with Megatron, though I love how he accepted it. He actually seems like a reasonable guy ever since Dark Cybertron.

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

I still cannot quite get into either RiD or Windblade as much as MTMTE.

It might just be a taste thing, but I had huge trouble with the pacing in season 1 of RiD, and see the same trouble thus far in 2, and Windblade seems like a very basic story lifted up by some (mostly) excellent art.

Got Autocracy last week. Decent read.

Spectacular Member

In anticipation for Transformers Vs. G.I. Joe I've been doing some art.. can't wait for this book!!

@BIRDSINBOXES on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Birdsinboxes View Post
    In anticipation for Transformers Vs. G.I. Joe I've been doing some art.. can't wait for this book!!

That's awesome. I like your style. Very Kirbyesque.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by R0NIN View Post
    That's awesome. I like your style. Very Kirbyesque.
    Hey thanks a lot! Appreciate that.
    @BIRDSINBOXES on Instagram

Spectacular Member

The new MTMTE was interesting, funny how Tailgate started the whole gun standoff.

I have a problem with IDW killing off some of the most powerful transformers so quickly. We barely saw Black Shadow, and apparently, he kicked Optimus's butt. Hopefully, Overlord is not out permanently. Would really like to see the Phase Sixers arc against the toughest Autobots like the Dinobots and whoever else. I always thought it would be cool if Shockwave had one one more surprise left for the dinobots and had made them combiners.

Speaking of combiners, I would like to see Tarn, Sixshot and Overlord combine

Dai Atlas was also killed very quickly. He barely did anything. The guy was a tank. A one percenter, no doubt. Dead just like that.

I like Brainstorm and his Perceptor envy.

And I wonder if Rewind thought of Cyclonus as a hero for shielding him from that bomb?

I hope we get to see soon Mortilus, Adaptus, Solomus, Primus, and Epistemus. They are like the abstract entities of TF!

And man, what a sand ending for Pipes to be violetly crushed like that.

BANNED

I was surprised how quickly the turnaround was on #31. It looks from the solicits that Roberts is going tonstart killing again next issue. MtMtE isn't one to BS in their previews.

Spectacular Member Trusty Mutsi's Avatar

I heard great buzz about TF:RID and TF:MTMTE, so I tried them out during a digital sale last year. Man… where did James Roberts come from? MTMTE is some of the absolute best writing in comics right now. I got more issues at the last digital sale, and have read up to issue #17 or so. He writes such great characters. Great humor, touching stories, scary villains… and little things he plants earlier in his stories keep popping up unexpectedly.

I hope he stays on this book for a very long run. I also wish he could write a self contained, non-52 universe of the Justice League. His stuff reminds me of the Giffen/DeMatteis era, but better.

Heck, l'd love to see him write an original self-contained superhero universe.

Incredible Member

Awesome stuff Birdsinboxes!

i loved regeneration one picking up where it left off . i wish it kinda didn't finish

Incredible Member

October Solicitations

Transformers VS G.I. JOE #4
    Tom Scioli & John Barber (w) • Scioli (a & c)
    THE WAR AT HOME! But whose home—and whose war?! Interstellar war has never been so cosmic! The G.I. JOE team faces the TRANSFORMERS—on Earth and Cybertron. Plus—just in time for Halloween… meet the OCTOBER GUARD!
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
    - The biggest crossover the cosmos has ever faced JUST KEEPS GETTING BIGGER!!!
    - Ask your retailer about the Tom Scioli connecting variant cover! Connects with the variants for #2 & #3 creating one big piece!

Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34
    James Roberts (w) • Atilio Rojo (a) • Brendan Cahill (c)
    THE DILEMMA! On a planet dedicated to Right and Wrong, four damaged AUTOBOTS must make an impossible choice: kill or cure? Whatever they decide, their lives will never be the same.
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
    - A character-intense prelude to next month’s ELEGANT CHAOS event!
    - 30th Anniversary Variant Cover by Ken Christiansen!

Transformers: Robots in Disguise #34
    John Barber (w) • Livio Ramondelli (a) • Andrew Griffith (a)
    THE ENIGMA! At last… the secret origins of CYBERTRON’s golden age are revealed to OPTIMUS PRIME—and what he learns changes everything about the AUTOBOTS’ mission on Earth!
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
    - The greatest secret in AUTOBOT history? Or the greatest secret anywhere? You decide!

Transformers: Primacy #3 (of 4)
    Chris Metzen & Flint Dille (w) • Livio Ramondelli (a & c)
    CYBERTRON AT WAR! The giant city-sized Titans, METROPLEX and TRYPTICON, battle on a scale the universe has never seen—and the destruction they leave in their wake leaves CYBERTRON ready for the DECEPTICONS to strike!
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
    - The End of the Beginning of the TRANSFORMERS Saga!
    - The early, brutal days of the war for CYBERTRON
    Metroplex vs Trypticon!!? Rhinox!!? ANOTHER EVENT!!?
    Last edited by wyokid; 07-16-2014 at 03:03 PM.

BANNED

I was a fan of Transformers before but I'm not into robots now.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I was a fan of Transformers before but I'm not into robots now.
    Then you are exactly in the right thread!

Incredible Member

Looking forward to TF VS GI JOE. Gonna be lots of fun seeing both franchises combined to do a 60's take. Scioli is the right man for that job.

First issue is already sold out.