Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

What would you guys say is a good jumping on point for MtMtE? And/Or Robots in Disguise for that matter..

With Wolverine and Thunderbolts ending in the fall, I'm going to have some room on my pull list. I keep hearing great things about these books.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    What would you guys say is a good jumping on point for MtMtE? And/Or Robots in Disguise for that matter..

With Wolverine and Thunderbolts ending in the fall, I'm going to have some room on my pull list. I keep hearing great things about these books.
    MTMTE start with the first issue. You don't need to know a whole lot about TF, and it introduces characters. So, I think it's a good starting point.

Quote Originally Posted by AriesWarlock View Post
    MTMTE start with the first issue. You don't need to know a whole lot about TF, and it introduces characters. So, I think it's a good starting point.
    That's fair. I'm fairly well versed in Transformers and probably would have backtracked to the first issue anyway.

Incredible Member

Issue #1 for both books for sure. They're releasing the second phase of the IDW universe in HC IDW Collections. You can pre-order the first volume on Amazon for 31% off. Or just catch up however you want. Plenty of trades out there. You're in store for some incredible comics.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Issue #1 for both books for sure. They're releasing the second phase of the IDW universe in HC IDW Collections. You can pre-order the first volume on Amazon for 31% off. Or just catch up however you want. Plenty of trades out there. You're in store for some incredible comics.
    Sounds good to me!

Incredible Member

Well, MTMTE is incredible. RID is good too, but doesn't reach MTMTE level.

Best way to put it is that RID is a great Transformers comic. MTMTE is a great comic book period.

BANNED

I'm not caught all the way up from the beginning, but it is the best place to start (I filled in gaps by reading TF wiki). I thought Dark Cybertron might be a good place to start, but... Yeah. A lot of concepts will be juuuust different enough from the cartoons to throw you off, but MtMtE is perhaps the most character driven comic currently being published. It's just wonderful.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Sounds good to me!
    Oh, and if you check the writer's tumblr or the wiki you'll find a list of songs that "soundtrack" each issue. I find it kind of distracting but it's still a cool concept.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Oh, and if you check the writer's tumblr or the wiki you'll find a list of songs that "soundtrack" each issue. I find it kind of distracting but it's still a cool concept.
    Oh wow, that's pretty cool. Good to know, thanks.

Spectacular Member Trusty Mutsi's Avatar

Quick question. I just started "Dark Cybertron". How was Starscream able to contact The Lost Light? I thought Rodimus' crew was unable to communicate with Cybertron. Did I miss something?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trusty Mutsi View Post
    Quick question. I just started "Dark Cybertron". How was Starscream able to contact The Lost Light? I thought Rodimus' crew was unable to communicate with Cybertron. Did I miss something?
    Starscream did communicate with the Lost Light in the past, a prose story. I think it's just that the Light is so far from Cybertron that any transmissions would be difficult to manage. Or, that nobody onboard really needs to stay in contact with Cybertron. They're a misanthropic bunch.

Spectacular Member

@BIRDSINBOXES on Instagram

Spectacular Member

https://www.humblebundle.com/books

Humble Bundle. Play what you want, get Transformers Classics, Vol. 1-4 - 48 Issues. Pay $15 or more, get a lot more! Time is running out!

Spectacular Member

TF robots in disguise show sneak peek

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

Damn, that sucks.

Incredible Member

More info coming in today's IDW and Hasbro panel.

Quote Originally Posted by AriesWarlock View Post
    TF robots in disguise show sneak peek

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

Damn, that sucks.
    I think it looks great! Good mix of CGI and traditional animation.