Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Yeah that... Was horrible (not the book, that was great.) So something timey wimey happened when the DJD went looking for overlord and this happened. That still doesn't explain where the crew went.
    I don't think they exist at the the moment. The way it looks a popular fan theory about what was going to happen seems about right. The day the Lost Light set off for it's journey in issue one, that explosion happened that made it jump all the way across the galaxy. Apparently there was more to it than that, since the LL engines are all supernatural, when that explosion happened the LL split in two. We've been following one ship, and in this issue we saw what happened to the other.

the closer our LL got to THIS LL, things started to disappear because both ships couldn't exist in the same space.

This is why Overlord is still hooked up. Why Rewind is still alive.

In other words MTMTE just went the way of DR. WHO. Hell, Nautica even has her own Sonic Wrench.
    Last edited by The Nuke; 08-29-2014 at 05:51 PM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Nuke View Post
    In other words MTMTE just went the way of DR. WHO. Hell, Nautica even has her own Sonic Wrench.
    I had completely overlooked that part. What did happen to Brainstorm's suitcase though? I got confused... was the green glow we kept seeing coming from inside the suitcase or was it separate? I'm thinking it might be the one percenter he was fiddling with on Luna 1.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by IshaKha View Post
    I had completely overlooked that part. What did happen to Brainstorm's suitcase though? I got confused... was the green glow we kept seeing coming from inside the suitcase or was it separate? I'm thinking it might be the one percenter he was fiddling with on Luna 1.
    The one percenter he found was from Luna 2, though, and this ship never reached that destination

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Nuke View Post
    I don't think they exist at the the moment. The way it looks a popular fan theory about what was going to happen seems about right. The day the Lost Light set off for it's journey in issue one, that explosion happened that made it jump all the way across the galaxy. Apparently there was more to it than that, since the LL engines are all supernatural, when that explosion happened the LL split in two. We've been following one ship, and in this issue we saw what happened to the other.

the closer our LL got to THIS LL, things started to disappear because both ships couldn't exist in the same space.

This is why Overlord is still hooked up. Why Rewind is still alive.

That's actually a very good theory. Obviously the crew is somewhere in the ether waiting for the quantum anomaly to subside (or elsenthe book would get a whole lot smaller). And it's pretty clear that this second ship was found by the DJD after Volume 2. Then that makes me wonder where the DJD that went after our Lost Light wound up.

Oh good lord, there might be two DJD's running around the universe now (unless one made the other disappear). That would actually be a cool story to tell during the Days of Deception arc on the More than side (as the main event will be on the RiD side judging by the solicits).

BANNED

One thing that doesn't seem to jive with the theory is that play that Crosscut was writing. We just found out about it last issue so it couldn't have been done all thebway back in Vol. 2. For that matter, Swerve had already turned the place into a Bar at that point.

Ultimate Member

One thing that doesn't seem to jive with the theory is that play that Crosscut was writing. We just found out about it last issue so it couldn't have been done all thebway back in Vol. 2. For that matter, Swerve had already turned the place into a Bar at that point.
    He hadn't turned it into a bar by the time of the jump, though.

I think Nightbeat's statement is right on the money. This isn't a second ship, rather someone's altered the past and things have been re-editted. Note that they didn't find a survivor the first time they found the Magnus armor, but after there's an energy surge coming from it, there's...!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    The one percenter he found was from Luna 2, though, and this ship never reached that destination
    Ah right... I mixed up Luna 1 and 2. So does that mean the LL crew never stopped Tyrest in that universe? And Skids never went through the gateway... Still can't figure out what that was supposed to mean.

Ultimate Member

Odd question, anyone recognize the bot that was with Drift and Ratchet?

Ultimate Member

I was skimming through the transformers wiki when I found this quote by Rung

"Here's a little—whatever. A little thing. A disclosure. An insight. Revisionism—I've always been fascinated by it. By the idea of a writer going back and altering things. Make no mistake: an edit is a profoundly aggressive act. As Froid once said, we grieve for the murdered word. If you want to get the measure of an author, don't look at what they've left on the page.... look at what they've taken away."

Roberts really is too damn clever at times, isn't he?

BANNED

I was skimming through the transformers wiki when I found this quote by Rung

"Here's a little—whatever. A little thing. A disclosure. An insight. Revisionism—I've always been fascinated by it. By the idea of a writer going back and altering things. Make no mistake: an edit is a profoundly aggressive act. As Froid once said, we grieve for the murdered word. If you want to get the measure of an author, don't look at what they've left on the page.... look at what they've taken away."

Roberts really is too damn clever at times, isn't he?
    Oh wow. That's brilliant. And right at the start of the arc too! But who did the revising? Is it telling that Rewind went from being one of the few notable casualties of the Overlord incident to being the only survivor of this DJD incident? And the briefcase... The plot thickens.

Odd question, anyone recognize the bot that was with Drift and Ratchet?
    I assumed that was Hound.

I am so loving the MTMTE title and have been for some time. It's full of fun, action, personality, mystery ... it really is everything a top class narrative should be.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

Spectacular Member

I am glad Prowl was not a traitor, even more glad that the Constructicons weren't traitors. I thought it made sense they weren't double agents since Prowl has been in their minds, and knows they really want to follow him.

Incredible Member

That's actually a very good theory. Obviously the crew is somewhere in the ether waiting for the quantum anomaly to subside (or elsenthe book would get a whole lot smaller). And it's pretty clear that this second ship was found by the DJD after Volume 2. Then that makes me wonder where the DJD that went after our Lost Light wound up.

Oh good lord, there might be two DJD's running around the universe now (unless one made the other disappear). That would actually be a cool story to tell during the Days of Deception arc on the More than side (as the main event will be on the RiD side judging by the solicits).
    Only one DJD, remember only the LOST LIGHT is duplicated. Not an Alternate universe, just an alternate Lost Light. SKids, Red Alert, or any new members are not duplicated because they were not on the Lost Light when that explosion happening that caused it. Which means that when the DJD got that signal from Overlord way back in issue 8, they found him. In other words the DJD found the LOST LIGH killed everyone, and then killed Overlord. Same DJD from issue 8. AS they are destroying that LOST LIGHT, our LOST LIGHT is somewhere out in the galaxy doing its thing.

Going by the recent preview for 33 that just came out, it looks like the theory is going to be right on the money.
    Last edited by The Nuke; 09-05-2014 at 09:45 AM.

BANNED

I just read issues 1-2 of Primacy. Looks pretty good so far. I don't really like some of the things Monstrosity added to the mythos (it's hard to have a civil war when all the civilians have left) but this borrows pleasantly from the Aligned story. Also, Metroolex and Trypticonnonce again in combat!

Incredible Member

Episode #100 of Seibertron.com Twincast podcast had John Barber being interviewed and he said the upcoming Drift miniseries will not be tied to Combiner Wars and that More Than Meets the Eye WILL still be going and telling a different story during Combiner Wars and RID name change due to upcoming cartoon because the sales were too good to have the need for a relaunch. Barber played coy on if the cartoon is getting a tie-in comic. There's a bunch more in the interview and episode which you can listen to here.