The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Default THE CONVERGENCE FOUR: an interesting idea we'll never get to see.

DC's 2015 CONVERGENCE "event" (if it can be described as such) isn't one of its more fondly remembered projects of recent years, but one idea that I find intriguing, and which likely will never be further explored, is that four characters who represented the Pre-COIE and Post-COIE continuities...Post-COIE Superman, Pre-COIE Supergirl, Pre-COIE Barry Allen Flash, and Parallax Hal Jordan from around the time of ZERO HOUR...teamed up to somehow change the outcome of CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS, which set the stage for the emergence of the REBIRTH timeline out of the New 52.

The story of how those four could have altered the outcome of COIE itself would be epic on its own, but what I'd really be interested in is the meeting of the Pre- and Post-COIE worlds as represented by those four characters. CONVERGENCE was told in a way that such character moments went unexplored, but I was curious: how did Post-COIE Superman and Pre-COIE Supergirl regard each other? Superficially, each greatly resembled their cousins from their native continuities, but were otherwise very different. It must have been strange for Pre-COIE Kara to meet the Post-COIE Superman, who greatly resembled her cousin (the Silver/Bronze Age Superman), but was otherwise a stranger to her. It must have been equally strange for Post-COIE Superman to meet this other Kara who was similar to, but distinct from the Kara he knew from his native timeline. As for Pre-COIE Barry and Post-COIE Parallax Hal, Barry must have struggled to understand how Hal could have turned heel as he did as Parallax, and Hal, who was Parallax at a time when Barry was dead, might have felt ashamed for Barry to see what he had become.

Fascinating threads that alas, are unlikely ever to be taken up.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Last edited by Buried Alien; 06-26-2019 at 09:48 AM.
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Yep. Totally agree. That would have been an interesting tale.

Man, Convergence. That was a thing .

I'm surprised the Telos series didn't do more with it (I assume, because I never read it).