Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

You're wrong! Batman and Robin will never die!

Mighty Member

I definitely believe that Adam West Batman eventually retired and left the crimefighting to Dick, while he settled down with either Catwoman, Lisa Carson or a reformed henchwoman.
    The former part did happen in Wonder Woman '77 not to long ago.

Back in the day, people read Batman comics, moved on, and then a new generation enjoyed the adventures of Bruce Wayne.
    Now, you have a group of people who want Bruce to die for good when they could just start reading something else.

I don't want Bruce to die. I want him to have a more balance hero/civilian life and not be obsessed with his mission to the point of destroying so many other relationships in his life. Particularly the ones with his kids. And also to stop treating his allies (who used to be his friends once upon a time) so very poorly and with so much derision.
    Though it wouldn't be a stretch to believe there other comic readers who do (and other types of readers that did at one time or another).

Pasqal

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRodriguez09 View Post
    I think people are forgetting American comics aren't supposed to end. You don't retire Batman. Batman retires you. Then your kids and grandkids will get to enjoy him.
    That's kinda sad. I'm a completionist and I want Batman's story to be completed. Or else I won't be able to read it all

Cheers, Pasqal
    Last edited by Pasqal; 12-12-2019 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasqal View Post
    That's kinda sad. I'm a completionist and I want Batman's story to be completed. Or else I won't be able to read it all

Yeah it is which is why stories in alternate universes where the story ends are nice cause they give closure. It’s gotta suck for some to outlive comics
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I don't care about the story ending - I don't expect it to ever reach a point where Bruce retires. What I was getting at when I started this thread was not Bruce actually retiring - it was that concept that in-universe he was psychologically incapable of ever retiring. That his demons or drive wouldn't let him and he could only ever die in the suit in that abstract future that we'd never see. That people said it was out of character for him to retire in the movie. Trying to figure out when, for most of the people (writers or fans), the idea that Bruce would never contemplate retiring at some age took over. Because, as I said, for a long while the idea that he would retire in the distant "someday" was very much on the table. Not definite, necessarily, but it was treated a very real possibility in Bruce and other characters' minds.

Extraordinary Member

Time does not moove in comics increments never lerger then 8 months but not a year
    children a frowned upon becasue children grow and that means time must too

Thats why I love Titans time can not be ignored

Probably when Ben Affleck played him. People were not used to an older burnt out Batman with grey hair.