Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

So....*puts on nerd glasses*....can Hope copy Magik's power?
    Magik's mutant gift is to open portals through space/time/limbo. I'm not sure if her power was influenced at all by her time in Limbo. They've been on a team before, but I cant think of an instance where Hope used Illyana's powers.

Cause that seems like an obvious solution to the problem in this book.

Quote Originally Posted by captain Qball View Post
    Magik's mutant gift is to open portals through space/time/limbo. I'm not sure if her power was influenced at all by her time in Limbo. They've been on a team before, but I cant think of an instance where Hope used Illyana's powers.

Hope's body automatically adapts to be able to use the powers of any mutant within 500 yards of her position. So, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by captain Qball View Post

She did that in Gillen's run

*Rosenberg voice* uuh Dark Beast/Sinister/Emma made everyone forget how Hope's powers work because of... reasons

I like Hope, but she should not be in a mutant team.
    I mean, anybody who wasn't in Claremont's X-Men shouldn't be in a mutant team for their own sake.
    But for Hope, it count double, as she will always be overpowered. Which means writers will ignore her powers 90% of the time. Here, she could have made whole armies of Cyclops, Magik, Banshee, etc.
    Put her in the Champions, where she'd only have Dust's powers to mimic.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I mean, anybody who wasn't in Claremont's X-Men shouldn't be in a mutant team for their own sake.
    But for Hope, it count double, as she will always be overpowered. Which means writers will ignore her powers 90% of the time. Here, she could have made whole armies of Cyclops, Magik, Banshee, etc.
    I think that the combination Multiple man and Hope is too overpowered

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

So. That... happened. I guess?

1."Hi guys! Bye guys!" R.I.P. 'Berto. If it's any consolation, you got the best heroic death of Rosenberg's entire run so far.
    2. I couldn't give less of a crap about artificially redeemed rapist scumbags getting what's coming to them, but Rahne's loverboy being a plot device to rescue Magik from Sabretooth was just baaad writing. How the efff did breaking Magik free in the first place not constitute a breach of mystical contract or whatever? Is this supposed to be some kind of joke about otherworldly lawyers being the worst? Whatevs.
    3. Why was Hope using a freakin' gun instead of borrowing, like, ANYONE ELSE's powers?
    4. Sooo... haven't been keeping up with Sabes' powers, but I'm guessing he can't notice hundreds of people only having two fragrances? Why did they need to send dupes again? I... what?
    5. Moar half-naked Cyclops. Alright, I'll let it slide.
    5. LMAO, Yana, you crazy you. Rosenberg totally wanted her and Hope to bang, didn't he?

Overall thoughts: decent execution, kinda cheap resolution, I guess? On the bright side, I suppose we can now joke about Dani heroically picking up the slack and having people close to get her get fridged since Scott and Logan aren't dating anyone?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    5. LMAO, Yana, you crazy you. Rosenberg totally wanted her and Hope to bang, didn't he?
    I would have loved that. Hopeful one day other writer does this.

Mighty Member

Poor Berto...

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Whats the point of using Hope if she cant use her powers? I feel like most writers dont use her powers anyway and rely on that gun too much, which is boring.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    *Rosenberg voice* uuh Dark Beast/Sinister/Emma made everyone forget how Hope's powers work because of... reasons
    maybe that would have been a breach of Enchantress curse/deal??

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

So... uh... remember how Hickman said he wasn't bringing sunspot home? Yea...
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Very exciting issue. I never saw Roberto's death coming. It felt really original and organic. Rosenberg managed to outdo himself again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Whats the point of using Hope if she cant use her powers? I feel like most writers dont use her powers anyway and rely on that gun too much, which is boring.
    Precisely. That's like saying "put Jean on a book where all her foes have Magneto helmets and anti-telekinesis energy fields".

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Very exciting issue. I never saw Roberto's death coming. It felt really original and organic. Rosenberg managed to outdo himself again.
    Even after everyone in the following issues kept saying Sunspot's dead?