Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    I get the levels and not exactly sure. He out strategized Maria Hill, AIM Scientist Supreme, and the Maker(Evil Reed Richards). It’s pretty high.
    It was not a battle of strategy, usually those kinds of things rely on experience, information and a bigger picture. All he had to go on is that the stone was blocking Magik's power, and that trying to mess with the stone would probably mean bad stuff happening, and being overwhelmed by magical monsters. It was basically, the stone had to be destroyed and what would be the closest to 100% with no other information?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Ohhhh. The “Hulk” comment. Okay. Well, I may have missed this too but did him exploding actually get much done besides take some people out?
    The point was that it was keeping Magik from using any powers other than her sword and everyone was making a big deal about Magik being the only one who could save the civilians, so by crushing it and sacrificing himself he freed Magik to take out Sasbertooth's entire army. Hence why I said that he basically pulled a Steve Trevor from the Wonder Woman movie. 'I can't save everyone, but I can sacrifice myself to ensure that you can.' The entire resolution of the army being tricked into running into Limbo was dependent on finding some way to get rid of that stone.

I'm still questioning why all the X-Men had to be in their skivvies when they gave their costumes to the Madrox and Hope clones. There weren't any other clothes around? I kind of feel like there would have been in a stadium that was serving as a refugee center.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    The point was that it was keeping Magik from using any powers other than her sword and everyone was making a big deal about Magik being the only one who could save the civilians, so by crushing it and sacrificing himself he freed Magik to take out Sasbertooth's entire army. Hence why I said that he basically pulled a Steve Trevor from the Wonder Woman movie. 'I can't save everyone, but I can sacrifice myself to ensure that you can.' The entire resolution of the army being tricked into running into Limbo was dependent on finding some way to get rid of that stone.

I'm still questioning why all the X-Men had to be in their skivvies when they gave their costumes to the Madrox and Hope clones. There weren't any other clothes around? I kind of feel like there would have been in a stadium that was serving as a refugee center.
    Yeah, I got that. But I don’t get why he himself had to crush it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I thiiiiink he’s been announced on a non X-book.
    sigh

Why not get Karma to possess one of the guys they were killing anyways and let an elf get blown up?

Why not have a dupe do it? Both Hope and Madrox could make one

Complete disgrace how Sunspot went out. I can't wait till July so all this crap can be forgotten.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Why not get Karma to possess one of the guys they were killing anyways and let an elf get blown up?

Why not have a dupe do it? Both Hope and Madrox could make one
    They didn't even know what would happen. All they knew was that it was probably protected and touching it would be bad. For all they knew it could have killed Magik. There was no time to come up with a plan, it was just a desperation move.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    They didn't even know what would happen. All they knew was that it was probably protected and touching it would be bad. For all they knew it could have killed Magik. There was no time to come up with a plan, it was just a desperation move.
    Isn't the whole point of the Soulsword that it can cut through literally any spell?

Rahne was awfully friendly with Shan for someone who “died hating her.”

What is his Master Strategist level? At level 1 he can plan things with a weeks time. Level 2 he can do it in a day. Level 3 an hour. Level 4 a minute. Level 5 is needed to always have a plan no matter what. I don't think he is that high.
    He managed to take down Maker and outsmart SHIELD, the US government, & the rogue part of AIM so take that how you will.

But was Sunspot so smart when Rosenberg was a young man reading New Mutants?

Case closed.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Isn't the whole point of the Soulsword that it can cut through literally any spell?
    The curse turned it off. Otherwise she could summon discs.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post

Case closed.
    boom baby.

The curse turned it off. Otherwise she could summon discs.
    That’s hilarious.

Magik: I think my weaponry is specifically made to fight against this sort of stuff.

Enchantress: nuh uh. My stone beats your stupid sword and mutant powers.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post

And of course that plan meant that all those dupes were sent to die.
    I don't know what the heck Rosenberg has against Jamie Madrox, but he really seems to think that Jamie's dupes are infinitely expendable and that killing them has absolutely no effect on him, given the way he's turned them into cannon fodder and treated them so horrible, both in the Multiple Man mini and in Uncanny. (Literal piles of dead Jamies, littering the lawn...)

Rosenberg has a really, really loose grasp on what the characters actually mean and what they mean to readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    That’s hilarious.

Magik: I think my weaponry is specifically made to fight against this sort of stuff.

Enchantress: nuh uh. My stone beats your stupid sword and mutant powers.
    Rock beats scissors?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by oneminutemonkey View Post
    And of course that plan meant that all those dupes were sent to die.
    I don't know what the heck Rosenberg has against Jamie Madrox, but he really seems to think that Jamie's dupes are infinitely expendable and that killing them has absolutely no effect on him, given the way he's turned them into cannon fodder and treated them so horrible, both in the Multiple Man mini and in Uncanny. (Literal piles of dead Jamies, littering the lawn...)

Rosenberg has a really, really loose grasp on what the characters actually mean and what they mean to readers.
    He actually referenced Jamie's reluctance to sacrifice his dupes. While Rosenberg may tend to use them for "shocks" that is not the same as how he writes the character. Also, the Madrox mini was an insane evil dupe, not the one who is here.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post

Case closed.
    Yep. Also, if Roberto is able to think of something better, it isn't Magik the one saving the day...again.