Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

Russell lemme talk tew u
    EVERYONE: "We did it, guys!"

DAREDEVIL: "M-M-My diaper... this is what... linewide event relevance feels like..."
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Age of X-Men omega is going to undo all this

Nate will bring everyone back and this will all be forgotten thankfully.
    Sadly not by us readers. Lol

Ugh. I hope Rosenberg isn't anywhere near the X-books after HOX/POX. Such a pointless uninspired run.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    4. Sooo... haven't been keeping up with Sabes' powers, but I'm guessing he can't notice hundreds of people only having two fragrances? Why did they need to send dupes again? I... what?
    Dani's illusions affect her targets senses of sight, hearing and smell.

Are they all dead yet?

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I hope so it would redeem Nate a little,and wipe away the senseless killings and nonsense that has occurred in Uncanny.Poor Roberto can't get a break in the X-verse. I'm starting to think the X office does not know what to do with any characters besides the X-men big 3. Wake me when this nightmare is over.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

But if they're going to undo everything, what's even the point of the event and of this run? And we know that they're going to undo something because Sabretooth at least will be back.

I have a theory I posted a few weeks ago that part of the reason for the whole AoX fiasco, maybe even the main reason, is that X-office planned to bring Scott back after Extermination to put him and Jean back together, Scott returning to full boyscout mode, and return things to status quo as much as possible (which is what they are trying to do for years), but once Hickman got in (and according to him, it was Dan Buckley himself who sought him, not X-office) and didn't want them together (whether because he doesn't want them as a couple or plans to put them back himself) and wanted the Rightclops he wrote in AvX and TRO, they panicked because they just didn't know what to do with that, because it doesn't fit the nostalgia-infused view of the franchise.

Basically, they came up with this AoX thing to keep Scott & Jean apart, because they just can't imagine them not together, even though it wouldn't fit Scott's development in NXM, AXM and Endsong to want to go back to her, and it wouldn't even be good for his mental health to jump into a relationship right away. The whole thing about him not remembering Emma is both to keep him in the boyscout mode and also because of JDW's view that Emma "was never really a X-man" and "doesn't fit a classic X-men team" (which is of course blatantly false for anyone that read Whedon's run), and to get this "redemption" they feel Scott needs for bullshit reasons, and then in the end they hit the reset button so Hickman can do what he wants to do.

That would also explain why Rosenberg's having a free hand to kill whoever he wants to kill, have Cyclops lose his eye, etc, and why would they miss the opportunity to put Scott & Jean back on a team, explore a will they/won't they, maybe even again the love triangle with Wolverine, etc. I don't see anything that contradicts this theory so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    But if they're going to undo everything, what's even the point of the event and of this run?
    Ask Dan Jurgens.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I like Hope, but she should not be in a mutant team.
    I mean, anybody who wasn't in Claremont's X-Men shouldn't be in a mutant team for their own sake.
    But for Hope, it count double, as she will always be overpowered. Which means writers will ignore her powers 90% of the time. Here, she could have made whole armies of Cyclops, Magik, Banshee, etc.
    Put her in the Champions, where she'd only have Dust's powers to mimic.
    Bombshell is a mutant too. And shouldn't she be able to copy any meta, not just mutants? Which means she could copy Ms. Marvel, Spider-Man, Brawn, Snowguard, Power Man, Falcon, and Pinpoint (actually, he might be a mutant as well, his origin is unexplained so far) too.

But if they're going to undo everything, what's even the point of the event and of this run? And we know that they're going to undo something because Sabretooth at least will be back.

I have a theory I posted a few weeks ago that part of the reason for the whole AoX fiasco, maybe even the main reason, is that X-office planned to bring Scott back after Extermination to put him and Jean back together, Scott returning to full boyscout mode, and return things to status quo as much as possible (which is what they are trying to do for years), but once Hickman got in (and according to him, it was Dan Buckley himself who sought him, not X-office) and didn't want them together (whether because he doesn't want them as a couple or plans to put them back himself) and wanted the Rightclops he wrote in AvX and TRO, they panicked because they just didn't know what to do with that, because it doesn't fit the nostalgia-infused view of the franchise.

Basically, they came up with this AoX thing to keep Scott & Jean apart, because they just can't imagine them not together, even though it wouldn't fit Scott's development in NXM, AXM and Endsong to want to go back to her, and it wouldn't even be good for his mental health to jump into a relationship right away. The whole thing about him not remembering Emma is both to keep him in the boyscout mode and also because of JDW's view that Emma "was never really a X-man" and "doesn't fit a classic X-men team" (which is of course blatantly false for anyone that read Whedon's run), and to get this "redemption" they feel Scott needs for bullshit reasons, and then in the end they hit the reset button so Hickman can do what he wants to do.

That would also explain why Rosenberg's having a free hand to kill whoever he wants to kill, have Cyclops lose his eye, etc, and why would they miss the opportunity to put Scott & Jean back on a team, explore a will they/won't they, maybe even again the love triangle with Wolverine, etc. I don't see anything that contradicts this theory so far.
    If they're going to undo everything, why was Champions #5 allowed to use Cyclops, and why is this storyline partly set during War of the Realms? Those two can't be undone. It needs to be resurrections, not rollback, and that means this killing spree should never have happened.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-27-2019 at 06:54 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ignoring continuity is a Marvel specialty, I don't think Cyclops being in Champions affects anything.

Ignoring continuity is a Marvel specialty, I don't think Cyclops being in Champions affects anything.
    Who the hell are the Champions?

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I hope so it would redeem Nate a little,and wipe away the senseless killings and nonsense that has occurred in Uncanny.Poor Roberto can't get a break in the X-verse. I'm starting to think the X office does not know what to do with any characters besides the X-men big 3. Wake me when this nightmare is over.
    Age of x-men omega will be released same day Uncanny #22 humm

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    So I'm confused. Why was it so damn vital to Enchantress that Rahne not be involved in the War of the Realms that she resurrected her love and child?
    The wolf god made a bargain with Enchantress for his freedom that required they not interfere. It really is that simple.

Ther is no way they panicked. Everyone knew in advance that Hickman would come to write X-men books. What they had to figure out is what books release while they can't release the Hickman books.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Ther is no way they panicked. Everyone knew in advance that Hickman would come to write X-men books. What they had to figure out is what books release while they can't release the Hickman books.
    And that's exactly why I think they panicked- they had 7 months to fill, and their plans were in direct conflict with what Hickman would do (with Scott & Jean, but also the franchise as a whole- rather than back to status quo, an entirely different approach). They had no idea what to do in the meantime that wouldn't conflict with what Hickman wanted, so they came up with taking the X-men to an alternate reality (again) and then throw a reset button in the end. Right now, the X-men are in their lowest selling point in history, and it's in part because they didn't think this through as much as they should.