Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

So much to say, where to begin?! This issue really wrapped up the series with a big bow on top.

Gambit was simply great this issue. We get to see him represented in a way he hasn't been in years by other writers - clever and badass. He anticipates the trap and finds an outside the box (if not slightly gruesome) backup plan. This guy can take some pain! Also we get to see his powers creatively utilized in ways we haven't since his last solo and also the long forgotten time delay charge made a big return! And the man has his confidence back. He knows who he is and what he wants and fully embraces his thief and X-man sides to strongly reassert his king status.

We see the easy, unspoken understanding between him and Rogue when he busts her hand loose and she is already anticipating his move. Then she shows off her own escape skills - and this I LOVE because it has totally long been my headcannon and consistent with X-Treme X-Men and mentions in UA that Remy had passed some of his knowledge on to her over the long course of their relationship.

Rogue and Belle getting along and working together was brilliant. When Remy is like, "Ummm hey chatty Cathy's, a little help here?" I laughed. Reminds me of way back during the Ghost Rider/Brood issues when they are comparing notes on him.

Also, seeing Rogue have that moment of struggle with her powers and then being able to recover herself was just what I needed to see from her. We see her strength of will shine through. And that her fear became overpowering when Gambit was injured shows the depth of her love.

And I screeched all crazy happy when Tante Mattie made her appearance at last! It's been ages!!! And she was the perfect character to bring up the kids question.

Rogue ribbing Remy over the Spiral soul baby was priceless. That is the sassy Rogue I know and love!

Them having this kids conversation was awesome. Obviously it's not something they should be jumping into given all the issues going and how young and newly married they are. But just having this discussion happen was amazing considering how many times they have each mentioned a desire for family in the past. "Maybe some day!!!" Yes!!! You know I'm holding out to see this happen one day.

Sassy tween Candra was a lot of fun. And middle school is a truly horrific threat!

Javier Pina draws the best cats! Lucifer is puuurrrrfect!

So sad to see this coming to an end, but sure enjoyed the ride!

One of the best Gambit protrayals in recent times. Bittersweet end as I am left wondering why it took 12 issues to get to this point. Alas what could have been.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    So much to say, where to begin?! This issue really wrapped up the series with a big bow on top.

Gambit was simply great this issue. We get to see him represented in a way he hasn't been in years by other writers - clever and badass. He anticipates the trap and finds an outside the box (if not slightly gruesome) backup plan. This guy can take some pain! Also we get to see his powers creatively utilized in ways we haven't since his last solo and also the long forgotten time delay charge made a big return! And the man has his confidence back. He knows who he is and what he wants and fully embraces his thief and X-man sides to strongly reassert his king status.

We see the easy, unspoken understanding between him and Rogue when he busts her hand loose and she is already anticipating his move. Then she shows off her own escape skills - and this I LOVE because it has totally long been my headcannon and consistent with X-Treme X-Men and mentions in UA that Remy had passed some of his knowledge on to her over the long course of their relationship.

Rogue and Belle getting along and working together was brilliant. When Remy is like, "Ummm hey chatty Cathy's, a little help here?" I laughed. Reminds me of way back during the Ghost Rider/Brood issues when they are comparing notes on him.

Also, seeing Rogue have that moment of struggle with her powers and then being able to recover herself was just what I needed to see from her. We see her strength of will shine through. And that her fear became overpowering when Gambit was injured shows the depth of her love.

And I screeched all crazy happy when Tante Mattie made her appearance at last! It's been ages!!! And she was the perfect character to bring up the kids question.

Rogue ribbing Remy over the Spiral soul baby was priceless. That is the sassy Rogue I know and love!

Them having this kids conversation was awesome. Obviously it's not something they should be jumping into given all the issues going and how young and newly married they are. But just having this discussion happen was amazing considering how many times they have each mentioned a desire for family in the past. "Maybe some day!!!" Yes!!! You know I'm holding out to see this happen one day.

Sassy tween Candra was a lot of fun. And middle school is a truly horrific threat!

Javier Pina draws the best cats! Lucifer is puuurrrrfect!

So sad to see this coming to an end, but sure enjoyed the ride!
    Good review. I have the same feeling. So many great things that I liked. Sad that book ended but happy that it ended with a blast so people want more.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 06-27-2019 at 12:11 AM.

BANNED

Great series and I hope to see more of them both together in the relaunch later this year.

These two are simply great characters and even better together.

I like that Belladonna and Rogue get along well (when Belle's not mind-wiped). Sisters before misters.

Great final issue. I'm going to miss this series. Kelly Thompson really shined here. Definitely some of her best work to date.

Now, I hope Rogue and Gambit will find a new role with the team once Hickman takes over. We've seen nothing from the teasers to indicate where they'll end up or who will write them. I hope they find a place on a major team.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

This was probably my favorite issue of the series, I won't repeat the praises that have already been said before so I'll just add that finally the quality of the art was in the same level as the writing, Javier Pina is a great artist. Such a shame the book had to end
    Anyways, I hope Kelly gets a X-men book after Hickman's mini-series are over.

This book was great, but this last arc really up the quality so of course it ends >_>