Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The Red Wedding Gets An Unexpected Guest

In the history you know Robb Stark, his wife, his mother and many of his followers were brutally slain when the dishonorable and treacherous Walder Frey violates the laws of guest right and has them ambushed while they were attending the wedding of Edmure Tully to his daughter.

But in different iterations of the event, there is an attendee present who wasn't there in the timeline you've seen. A stranger from another world who recently arrived on Westeros and befriended Robb Stark, who then comes along with him to the wedding. Could this extra person survive and escape? Save others attending the wedding? If so, how? And if they survive what changes do they make in the course of events which follow it?

I, The Watcher, pose this question to you all...

What If The Following Were At The Red Wedding?

A. John McClane, who happens to have his police-issued gun and two spare clips on him.

B. Jason Bourne

C. Oliver Queen (Arrow)

D. Matt Murdock (Netflix)

E. Danny Rand (Netflix)

F. Steve Rogers in his prime (MCU)
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Book or tv version? All of these people are capable of surviving and escaping, and maybe even saving someone else. But I don't think any of them except maybe Murdock could save Robb Stark, as he is the target of the very first treacherous attack, IIRC. Murdock could potentially detect the treachery of the Freys before the Starks even enter the Twins, avoiding the whole scenario. John McClane would probably have the most impact after the attack starts, because the sound of his gun might give the Freys pause, especially after he puts a couple of them down. But that wouldn't prevent the treacherous slaughter of the Stark troops outside.

Television version since I haven't read the books yet. And would it occur to any of them to take Walder Frey hostage to stop the massacare, and if so, would those who try be able to do so successfully?
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Television version since I haven't read the books yet. And would it occur to any of them to take Walder Frey hostage to stop the massacare, and if so, would those who try be able to do so successfully?
    Walder Frey is old, and has many, many descendants. He would make a terrible hostage as many Freys wouldn't mind if he died, because they would all move one step closer to power.

In answer to your question, none of these characters seem like the type to take a hostage, but all would be theoretically capable of doing it. I'm not sure how the default Rumbles bloodlust would work in this scenario with respect to hostage-taking.

I don't think bloodlust is on by default in scenarios, as it would make many of them pointless. Can't have Iron Man try to solve crime in Gotham, if he immediately stops it by using his time machine to travel to its founding, and sends the entire area to the Negative Zone where it explodes in a massive matter/antimatter explosion, thereby eliminating all crime from ever being commited in Gotham. Kinda defeats the spirit of scenarios.