Thread: Odin vs. Tyrant

Default Odin vs. Tyrant

616. Arena. Classic Odin

1: Tyrant is at the power levels he displayed when fighting Thanos.

2: Tyrant is at full power. Odin is in the Asgard boosted giant Destroyer Armor.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

1. Odin rolls out of bed and smooshes him with his beer belly.

2. Same as #1, but he's wearing a metal girdle.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

You certain? I felt like this would be more competitive.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    You certain? I felt like this would be more competitive.
    Did the weaker Tyrant ever do anything approaching what Odin managed against Set the Destroyer ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Did the weaker Tyrant ever do anything approaching what Odin managed against Set the Destroyer ?
    I thought if Tyrant and galactose fought they’d wreck a good portion of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    I thought if Tyrant and galactose fought they’d wreck a good portion of the universe
    When he was at full power, they did. Galactus managed to eke out a win however, and depowered him to "comfortably above Thanos but well weaker than Galactus himself".

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    Yeah it was su crose to the end of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    LOL, nice.

Ultimate Member

You crazy lolol

Dork, you have been in fine form lately ;P
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I suppose not. He did mess up Thanos' clothing worse then Odin did tho! And he has a poooower orb!

Full power Tyrant at least seems to be Galactus-ish so it should be a close fight imo
    - big_adventure

Not really. Full power Tyrant should crush Odin, short of granting Odin the ability to mess with him via esoterics. But I kinda feel like if the guy in all of his 3-4 appearances goes up against Galactus, Thanos and heralds and they can't do much against him (at their respective levels) to the extent of Galactus getting into a prolonged galaxy busting cosmic match up with him, and the fact that he is supposed to be something of a Herald himself, should put him in the clear here against esoterica, from Odin at least

Against that, I suppose one might argue Tyrant is not a regular Marvel cosmic with across the board powers but rather some sort of technopathic energy leaching parasite

Not really. Full power Tyrant should crush Odin, short of granting Odin the ability to mess with him via esoterics. But I kinda feel like if the guy in all of his 3-4 appearances goes up against Galactus, Thanos and heralds and they can't do much against him (at their respective levels) to the extent of Galactus getting into a prolonged galaxy busting cosmic match up with him, and the fact that he is supposed to be something of a Herald himself, should put him in the clear here against esoterica, from Odin at least

Against that, I suppose one might argue Tyrant is not a regular Marvel cosmic with across the board powers but rather some sort of technopathic energy leaching parasite
    I meant a close fight in regards to super destroyer armor Odin. Not regular.
    - big_adventure

I suppose not. He did mess up Thanos' clothing worse then Odin did tho! And he has a poooower orb!

Full power Tyrant at least seems to be Galactus-ish so it should be a close fight imo
    I meant a close fight in regards to super destroyer armor Odin. Not regular.
    Eh. Odin with Composite Asgardian Destroyer Armor couldn't even phase Celestials. Galactus kills them (until they cheat by fusing into Voltron), but struggled against Tyrant enough that it was a close fight.

Even with the armor he's probably getting his fat ass beat.

Arx Inosaan

As well, doesn't Odin have the telepathic oomph to win this outright? Tyrant has no TP resistance.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.