Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Is Legion the best Marvel based TV series ever?

Obviously the show isn't done yet, 3rd season just started. But between the ABC shows (SHIELD, Agent Carter), the Netflix shows and the random ones here and there, it seems Legion ranks above them IMO. They do have the luxury of not having to adhere to too much of existing material and probably have the most creative freedom of any other Marvel based tv show.

Thoughts?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    Obviously the show isn't done yet, 3rd season just started. But between the ABC shows (SHIELD, Agent Carter), the Netflix shows and the random ones here and there, it seems Legion ranks above them IMO. They do have the luxury of not having to adhere to too much of existing material and probably have the most creative freedom of any other Marvel based tv show.

Thoughts?
    Season 1 was great imo, Aubrey Plaza especially was a revelation. But, I thought season 2 was a letdown. I will watch some of season 3 but if it doesn't improve I am over it.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Daredevil.

BANNED

I agree, it's Daredevil as of today.

Season 1 of Legion was maybe the best single season of any Marvel show, but season 2 was a gigantic let down. So if Season 3 can find the magic, we can talk about Daredevil or Legion.

Incredible Hulk I don't care what anyone says still my favorite Marvel TV show.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Who talks bad about that show? It’s generally considered a classic! It made the Hulk a household name long before the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I agree, it's Daredevil as of today.

Season 1 of Legion was maybe the best single season of any Marvel show, but season 2 was a gigantic let down. So if Season 3 can find the magic, we can talk about Daredevil or Legion.
    Sure, I toggle between Daredevil and Legion. They are so different though its hard to compare them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    Sure, I toggle between Daredevil and Legion. They are so different though its hard to compare them.
    That's true and I love Hawley and all his whackiness, but Legion's second season was such a plotless, meandering mess I can't help but say I enjoyed the quality of Daredevil more so far.

But damned if Farouk and Fisk aren't the two best Marvel villains in any medium.

I would've agreed if it weren't for Legion season 2 being weird and bizzare just for the sake of it.

I'm another one who thinks season 1 of Legion is great, but season 2...

mark me down as another person that feels the Incredible Hulk was the best series Marvel has ever done. Nobody has been able to handle Banner's tortured weary, but still good natured self like Bixby did.

I couldnt even finish season 1 of Legion. Sometimes it felt weird just for the sake of being weird. Maybe if i woulda stuck it out till the end of the season It woulda gotten better for me. But yea its defeintly the weirdest Marvel TV show.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Season 1 was great imo, Aubrey Plaza especially was a revelation. But, I thought season 2 was a letdown. I will watch some of season 3 but if it doesn't improve I am over it.
    Me too, I gave up half way through S 2. Tired of the self-indulgent, needlessly obscure story telling. Far from the best show.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I thought it boring and never found the Hulk scenes exciting. Sorry.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

And the answer to the best Marvel TV show is Agents of Shield.

(I like the Netflix shows too)
    Last edited by Kirby101; 06-26-2019 at 01:47 PM.