Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Health and bodybuilding

I just came across something interesting from Donna Cates, the creator of the body ecology system and she was also the one that first brought stevia to the US from Japan. Cates says that if you don't eat enough protein everyday your body will start to produce ammonia. The build up of ammonia in your body can lead to digestive problems and is also associated with dementia and alzheimer's disease.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeneuron View Post
    I just came across something interesting from Donna Cates, the creator of the body ecology system and she was also the one that first brought stevia to the US from Japan. Cates says that if you don't eat enough protein everyday your body will start to produce ammonia. The build up of ammonia in your body can lead to digestive problems and is also associated with dementia and alzheimer's disease.
    If you don't eat every day you gonna die. Okay, jokes aside you just need to keep your diet and fluid at balance. For example, if I want long healthy hair I plan my diet accordingly: more eggs, fish, nuts, beans and meat. I also change my hair styling tools on something like this. Should I mention that I also do sports (running and yoga)? Because I think that's also important.

Never heard of her. What are her qualifications? Where can we find her peer-reviewed research on the topic?

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Never heard of her. What are her qualifications? Where can we find her peer-reviewed research on the topic?
    A Google search for Donna Cates Stevia turns up nothing. So her credentials must be impeccable.

Stomach bacteria produce ammonia to break down protein. The body does a good job at illuminating excess ammonia. When this doesn't occur it points to liver or kidney problems.

There are no studies that show not eating protein every day leads to an ammonia problem. Or any problem really as long as we eat enough protein overall. Not eating enough protein can lead to other serious problems though.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 07-03-2019 at 08:12 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    A Google search for Donna Cates Stevia turns up nothing. So her credentials must be impeccable.

Stomach bacteria produce ammonia to break down protein. The body does a good job at illuminating excess ammonia. When this doesn't occur it points to liver or kidney problems.

There are no studies that show not eating protein every day leads to an ammonia problem. Or any problem really as long as we eat enough protein overall. Not eating enough protein can lead to other serious problems though.
    It's Donna Gates not Donna Cates. Sorry. I found about her when she was showcased in a podcast by Ari Whitten called the Energy Blueprint. She has a website called bodyecology.com and she developed a diet called the body ecology diet. She and Ari health fitness thing is centered around the trillions of microbes in our stomach and intestine. I just discovered it a couple of weeks back but I've been trying to do my own research on microorganisms since their are trillions of them in your body and outside in the environment but there's not much information out there. So I was excited when I came across Ari Whitten. But of course like everyone else he sends out a lot of emails trying to sell his product but so far his information has been helpful but the products and diet are very expensive.

BANNED

I don't know. I just discovered her a few weeks back. I haven't done a lot of research because I know that I can't afford the products she's selling but because of her I am trying to get the recommended amount of protein, fiber and calcium each day. I can feel the difference.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drumz View Post
    If you don't eat every day you gonna die. Okay, jokes aside you just need to keep your diet and fluid at balance. For example, if I want long healthy hair I plan my diet accordingly: more eggs, fish, nuts, beans and meat. I also change my hair styling tools on something like this. Should I mention that I also do sports (running and yoga)? Because I think that's also important.
    I fast each week and went days without food. This information about ammonia forming when your body isn't getting enough protein has help me alot. I still fast but now I drink protein and fiber water while fasting.

Actually, studies show restricting protein intake lowers ammonia and is beneficial to kidney disease.

So this is unfounded and counter to the scientific medical studies we have.

https://www.science.gov/topicpages/d...striction.html

The current studies provide a detailed evaluation of the effects of dietary protein restriction on renal ammonia metabolism and excretion. Dietary protein restriction results in a substantial decrease in ammonia excretion, with maximal response present on the second day. The decrease in ammonia excretion involves coordinated changes in multiple aspects of renal ammonia metabolism.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Actually, studies show restricting protein intake lowers ammonia and is beneficial to kidney disease.

So this is unfounded and counter to the scientific medical studies we have.

https://www.science.gov/topicpages/d...striction.html
    Wow
    should have done counter research. I guess I can go back to my normal way of fasting.

I don't know. I just discovered her a few weeks back. I haven't done a lot of research because I know that I can't afford the products she's selling but because of her I am trying to get the recommended amount of protein, fiber and calcium each day. I can feel the difference.
    Oh, she's selling products you say? I may die of surprise.

I fast each week and went days without food.
    I'm pretty sure that's actually not very good for you.

Eat food. Mostly plants. Not too much.

BANNED

I'm pretty sure that's actually not very good for you.

I'm mostly vegan. I follow Bigu grain avoidance because of my food allergies. Fasting is good. Growing up in a Christian home most of my family fast. So I'm very happy to be proven wrong because there are numerous health benefits to fasting. I should have doubled checked before posting.

The medical reports are mixed on fasting. Most of it is about weight loss, which isn't what Wake is doing.
    As long as you are otherwise healthy and drink during the fast, a one day fast shouldn't be a problem.

I've been doing Keto for about six months now and have never felt better. I used to get severely hypoglycemic several times a day if I went more than 2-3 hrs without eating - severe sweating, shaking, etc. If you've ever seen a diabetic with low blood sugar it was like that only without the mental fog. Hasn't happened at all since going Keto. I also dropped 28 lbs within the first two months and have been at a stable weight since.

Keto is not just bullshit, it's dangerous bullshit.