Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Ironically, the poor dope trips on the 'Bill Woggon' sign and bashes his eye on the easel. Then, after seeing that KO guy's pants, he purposely gouges his other eye out too.

EDIT: The little girl has no initials on her clothing! How on earth are we supposed to tell her apart from the other characters?!

Not sure that my cover technically qualifies. The characters might be too old.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It says "teens" on the cover, so I'd say it definitely counts.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    Ironically, the poor dope trips on the 'Bill Woggon' sign and bashes his eye on the easel. Then, after seeing that KO guy's pants, he purposely gouges his other eye out too.

EDIT: The little girl has no initials on her clothing! How on earth are we supposed to tell her apart from the other characters?!
    This should have had a spoiler alert.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    The little girl is Katy Keen's kid sister, who was always called "Sis". (Eventually they tried to retcon that designation to be a diminutive for "Melissa", but it didn't stick.) Throughout the various series in which she appeared, Katy stayed about 21, but Sis somehow aged to her mid-teens, as you can see here:

Invincible Member

I'm not seeing the cover?

Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm (1972 Charlton) #1

Astonishing Member

I suppose it's a judgement call as to what the range span of "young adult" is. Mopsy was a comic strip character in the 1940s, and she was an independent young woman (who was in fact based on her creator, cartoonist Gladys Parker). According to Wikipedia, during WWII Mopsy worked as a nurse and at a munitions plant, although she was always stylish, and the Sunday strip eventually featured paper doll models. Comic Vine says "Eventually some of these strips were collected in Pageant of Comics, later she was featured in original full-length stories in a comic of her own from St. John starting in 1948. This lasted for 19 issues. Starting in 1955 some of these were reprinted in Charlton’s TV Teens Comics, even though she was not a teenager, and had nothing to do with television."

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    I suppose it's a judgement call as to what the range span of "young adult" is. Mopsy was a comic strip character in the 1940s, and she was an independent young woman (who was in fact based on her creator, cartoonist Gladys Parker). According to Wikipedia, during WWII Mopsy worked as a nurse and at a munitions plant, although she was always stylish, and the Sunday strip eventually featured paper doll models. Comic Vine says "Eventually some of these strips were collected in Pageant of Comics, later she was featured in original full-length stories in a comic of her own from St. John starting in 1948. This lasted for 19 issues. Starting in 1955 some of these were reprinted in Charlton’s TV Teens Comics, even though she was not a teenager, and had nothing to do with television."
    Replaced it with another cover.

Invincible Member

Replaced it with another cover.
    I misunderstood. I thought you were adding another image at post#33. I thought the previous Mopsy cover was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I misunderstood. I thought you were adding another image at post#33. I thought the previous Mopsy cover was fine.
    That's okay, I like the Suzie Q cover better anyway.

Invincible Member

Not entries, but from DC's short lived Minx Line which was aimed at young adults/girls

The sequel was published under Vertigo

Last edited by ed2962; 06-28-2019 at 06:41 AM.

Invincible Member

Not an entry of course, but still fun