Quote Originally Posted by Wakeneuron View Post
I have been reading about the history of Women rights and learned that in ancient times Women had a bit more rights in ancient Egypt, Sumer and India than in colonial america.

So my rough idea for a Wonder Woman reboot would be to include some Gods from ancient times in Sumer such as Inanna and female pharoahs from Egypt. But since Wonder Woman is mostly inspired by ancient Greece the majority of the focus would be there. In Greece Women had less rights than other ancient countries such as Egypt, Sumer and India. Women lived separate from men in a room called Gynaikeion because it was believed by the philosopher Aristotle that Women brought about evil and destruction. In Greece Women also were required to have a male quardian called Kyrios who took control of all of there legal matters.

My reboot Wonder Woman story would begin sometime after the Amazons regained their freedom and settled on Paradise Island. Unknowingly to the Amazons the Gods has bestowed another group of women with 'gifts of powers and immortality'. The Amazons were fooled and again chained by these Women after an offer of friendship. But these chains were not physically binding in a traditional way. One of the gifts that the Gods bestowed on them were the power to subjugate the Amazons somewhat openly in Countries and cities around the World. Similar to how Danny the Street from Doom Patrol, can conjure up roadways any where with a single thought the Women that imprisoned the Amazons place them in gynaikeion spaces around the world. Even though they lived in Countries and cities among men the Amazons have never or will ever cross the path of a man ever again thanks to the powers that the Women had over the Amazons. The Women that imprisoned the Amazons were also their Kyrios.

The story then fast forwards to modern times and Diana, the daughter of Hyppolyta shockingly crosses the path of an injured US soldier in Iraq. Because this is the first time an Amazon has crossed the path of a man it sent shock waves throughout the community of Women who imprisoned the Amazons and set fourth the creation of Wonder Woman. Is this a sign that the Amazons will finally be free?
Sparta was actually an exception to the rule for the Greeks. The men were soldiers, women were everything else.