Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thanks :-) at its core it’s based on Wonder Woman being emblematic of DC’s myth/magic sector of the universe. Parents are always seen as larger-than-life “mythological” figures to their children, so if Diana herself is heightened, then so are her personal myths and realities.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 04-15-2020 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Thanks :-) at its core it’s based on Wonder Woman being emblematic of DC’s myth/magic sector of the universe. Parents are always seen as larger-than-life “mythological” figures to their children, so if Diana herself is heightened, then so are her personal myths and realities.
    Could be interesting and lead to some good dynamics between Hippolyta and Diana over how to go about her mission given she was a hero from a different era.

Have the Phoenix Force possesses Diana and she remake's the DC universe back to it's pre Flashpoint days lol.

I guess it's bringing the character back rather than rebooting but I thought the character of Lyta Milton had some interesting untapped potential. Daughter of Circe and Ares, only person Circe genuinely cared for, then taken in and raised by the Amazons. Thought she would have made an interesting Wonder Girl if Cassie ever took on her own name.

I'd have Diana finally remember all her past incarnations since at least the Silver Age version.
    One of Wonder Woman's biggest weaknesses as a character is the lack of consistency in her portrayal and the constant reboots that more often than not take more away than they add.
    She's trapped in a constant series of reboots and the character has suffered from that.
    I liked the idea of Rucka's most recent run in that he establishes how her life and history have been tampered with by the gods. I also love the message that even with those changes, Diana remained true to herself.

In my version she'd uncover that she's actually had her life reimagined by larger forces several times in the past. She sees how the plane crash, the contest, her coming to Man's World and so many other events keep repeating themselves in every one of her "lives". And Ares is always the instigator of her move from Paradise.
    She realizes how he's been behind everything: with every new life she leads, she gets more important things taken from her:

Post-Crisis she loses:
    - Steve Trevor, the man she married just prior to the Crisis
    - Her adopted sister Donna, who no longer had any relation to her
    - The memory of her twin sister Nubia
    - All her history, prestige and friends she had made in Man's World.

Post-Flashpoint she loses:
    - Basically everything, including an origin where a father figure wasn't the main reason for her power.

Post-Rebirth she has the biggest loss: she loses contact with her mother and her fellow Amazons for several years, erasing most of her past with them.

Now she'd finally be able to see all those experiences and how they've shaped her journey.
    That would open up to a single timeline where:

- The clay origin is restored, since Rucka already established the New 52 as lies.
    - Donna is back as her adopted sister, who she rescued in her early days as Wonder Woman.
    - Nubia would be back. She'd have been created by Phillipus the same night as Diana was born, but kidnapped by Ares to be raised on Man's World.
    - Phillipus and Hyppolita would be together, so Diana and Nubia would effectively be twin sisters again, but created by the hands of two different mothers (forget the different clays origin for Nubia).
    - Cassie would be the one who is Zeus' daughter. She'd inherit Azzarello's Strife as her antagonist.
    - Perez' run happened, but at that time both the world and Diana would have forgotten her history.
    - Steve and Etta did marry during that time, but divorced sometime after Simone's run. They'd remain the best of friends and Etta's niece (New 52/Rebirth Etta) would work with Steve as an agent of Argus.
    - After Infinite Crisis, the world would have remembered her as a JLA founder again (and her Silver Age adventures).
    - In the present, Steve and Diana would be a couple again. Their past experiences would have helped them see how they always gravitate towards each other in the end.
    - Steve works alongside Etta's niece: the New52/Rebirth version of Etta Candy.

That's it. My best attempt at simpliflying the mess that is Wonder Woman's continuity without completely ignoring most of it.
    She'd remember everything and for the most part, all the runs would have happened somewhat linearly.
    It would still be a mess, but I think one that's a little bit more organized.
    I'd do a Secret Origins type of mini just to get everything straight and them move on to explore new grounds and a new status quo where she gets all her best allies back in good form (Donna, Nubia, Cassie), plus her love interest and best friend (an Etta that's closer to the original AND the newer one that is a great companion to Steve's world).
    Oh, I also have her move back to Gateway City and explore the hell out of the concept of having Diana on her own fictional city again. With her history back, she needs a setting of her own to help strengthen her world even more.

One addition I would make to the reboot...

Diana would gain THREE, new superheroic allies! Magda the Wonder Dog, an Amazon born in a purple, Rottweiller body, would, sometimes, bound into her adventures from Paradise Island. Her immortal, magic sword-wielding cousin, King Virbius, would occasionally join her adventures, as the new Olympian, ..member of the Global Guardians and successor of the present one. Drusilla, young, brunette Amazon messenger, would frequently drop in...as Wonder Maiden?

The WW comic needs a cache of interesting semi-regulars; for me that's a costumed Wonder Woman family. It also needs a Wonder Girl that is firmly under its editorial control.

Maybe, Wonder-Girl?
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 05-12-2020 at 12:58 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Gateway city is an actually Gateway. Diana can go to many different dimensions. Both humans and mythical creatures live here. Her supporting cast is Etta and Steve. I would bring back the Holliday Girls and University. This is how she meets Vanessa.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    This is how she meets Vanessa.
    Archaeology professor Julia Sandsmark has two daughters, Sansa-like Vanessa and Arya-like Cassandra.

Gateway city is an actually Gateway. Diana can go to many different dimensions. Both humans and mythical creatures live here. Her supporting cast is Etta and Steve. I would bring back the Holliday Girls and University. This is how she meets Vanessa.
    I had a similar idea that, tying into my idea Themyscira is one of the hardest places to get to in DC, Gateway City is where the embassy gets established and has the only consistently reliable portal to the island.

I would put Reform Island in one of those dimensions. That one we can have certain villans go there. I would also have Donna actually be a baby the amazons saved from a shipwreak.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 05-12-2020 at 04:29 PM.

I would put Reform Island in one of those dimensions. That one we can have certain villans go there. I would also have Donna actually be a baby the amazons saved from a shipwreak.
    I'm with Mizuno, putting Donna's rescue origin, at sea - a shipwreck in the time-lost waters, surrounding Paradise Island. Though, I have a strange feeling that Donna is going to wind up being from the same burning building that young Warmaster was rescued from.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Archaeology professor Julia Sandsmark has two daughters, Sansa-like Vanessa and Arya-like Cassandra.
    And only Cassie is a demi-goddess?

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I'd have Diana finally remember all her past incarnations since at least the Silver Age version.
    One of Wonder Woman's biggest weaknesses as a character is the lack of consistency in her portrayal and the constant reboots that more often than not take more away than they add.
    She's trapped in a constant series of reboots and the character has suffered from that.
    I liked the idea of Rucka's most recent run in that he establishes how her life and history have been tampered with by the gods. I also love the message that even with those changes, Diana remained true to herself.

In my version she'd uncover that she's actually had her life reimagined by larger forces several times in the past. She sees how the plane crash, the contest, her coming to Man's World and so many other events keep repeating themselves in every one of her "lives". And Ares is always the instigator of her move from Paradise.
    She realizes how he's been behind everything: with every new life she leads, she gets more important things taken from her:

Post-Crisis she loses:
    - Steve Trevor, the man she married just prior to the Crisis
    - Her adopted sister Donna, who no longer had any relation to her
    - The memory of her twin sister Nubia
    - All her history, prestige and friends she had made in Man's World.

Post-Flashpoint she loses:
    - Basically everything, including an origin where a father figure wasn't the main reason for her power.

Post-Rebirth she has the biggest loss: she loses contact with her mother and her fellow Amazons for several years, erasing most of her past with them.

Now she'd finally be able to see all those experiences and how they've shaped her journey.
    That would open up to a single timeline where:

- The clay origin is restored, since Rucka already established the New 52 as lies.
    - Donna is back as her adopted sister, who she rescued in her early days as Wonder Woman.
    - Nubia would be back. She'd have been created by Phillipus the same night as Diana was born, but kidnapped by Ares to be raised on Man's World.
    - Phillipus and Hyppolita would be together, so Diana and Nubia would effectively be twin sisters again, but created by the hands of two different mothers (forget the different clays origin for Nubia).
    - Cassie would be the one who is Zeus' daughter. She'd inherit Azzarello's Strife as her antagonist.
    - Perez' run happened, but at that time both the world and Diana would have forgotten her history.
    - Steve and Etta did marry during that time, but divorced sometime after Simone's run. They'd remain the best of friends and Etta's niece (New 52/Rebirth Etta) would work with Steve as an agent of Argus.
    - After Infinite Crisis, the world would have remembered her as a JLA founder again (and her Silver Age adventures).
    - In the present, Steve and Diana would be a couple again. Their past experiences would have helped them see how they always gravitate towards each other in the end.
    - Steve works alongside Etta's niece: the New52/Rebirth version of Etta Candy.

That's it. My best attempt at simpliflying the mess that is Wonder Woman's continuity without completely ignoring most of it.
    She'd remember everything and for the most part, all the runs would have happened somewhat linearly.
    It would still be a mess, but I think one that's a little bit more organized.
    I'd do a Secret Origins type of mini just to get everything straight and them move on to explore new grounds and a new status quo where she gets all her best allies back in good form (Donna, Nubia, Cassie), plus her love interest and best friend (an Etta that's closer to the original AND the newer one that is a great companion to Steve's world).
    Oh, I also have her move back to Gateway City and explore the hell out of the concept of having Diana on her own fictional city again. With her history back, she needs a setting of her own to help strengthen her world even more.
    Very Morrison-esque.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I'm with Mizuno, putting Donna's rescue origin, at sea - a shipwreck in the time-lost waters, surrounding Paradise Island. Though, I have a strange feeling that Donna is going to wind up being from the same burning building that young Warmaster was rescued from.
    I never got the burning building thing. Because every other time Diana has sent people to the hospital. I would add Donna to the Holliday Girls too. I feel the fact Holliday Girls are supposed to be Diana's army. So why not have her be training them

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    And only Cassie is a demi-goddess?
    Nope.

Cassandra would never be a demigoddess. She'd be a human girl with a museum full of magical toys.