Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Nope.

Cassandra would never be a demigoddess. She'd be a human girl with a museum full of magical toys.
    Have to agree, think Cassie would be more interesting if she was a normal person who used various magic/mythical items and Amazonian training, like a magic Batman or something along those lines.
    Last edited by Gaius; 05-14-2020 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Have to agree, think Cassie would be more interesting if she was a normal person who used various magic/myth items, like a magic Batman or something along those lines.
    another victory for worldbuilding-by-craymond!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Have to agree, think Cassie would be more interesting if she was a normal person who used various magic/mythical items and Amazonian training, like a magic Batman or something along those lines.
    Then Deva steals them all?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Then Deva steals them all?
    I honestly never got as far as Devastation with my re-imaginings.

One here is one thing that's not explained. I mean in a sense the Amazons aren't normal humans. So Amazonian training is actually what to a normal human woman? How strong will they be and how tough will they be?

I prefer Amazons to be normal humans. A few magic spells and a little magic herb in their diet, but nothing that lets them all lift cars and fly.

You?

I honestly never got as far as Devastation with my re-imaginings.
    part of Brainiac's rules for LoSH membership. If your gimmick is using weapons that can be stolen, don't bother applying. So a non-powered person using magic weapons to fight someone with powers? Might be approximately a fair fight... until Deva steals her stuff.

I prefer Amazons to be normal humans. A few magic spells and a little magic herb in their diet, but nothing that lets them all lift cars and fly.

You?
    I mean I would keep them normal women but still, keep the amazon training can make you stronger

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean I would keep them normal women but still, keep the amazon training can make you stronger
    I don’t like “Amazon training” granting powers. You might, I’m not a fan. I prefer bronze to gold.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

I don’t like “Amazon training” granting powers. You might, I’m not a fan. I prefer bronze to gold.
    How strong are your ideal Amazons? Are we talking Batman tier??

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    How strong are your ideal Amazons? Are we talking Batman tier??
    “The exiled Amazons arrived at the magical islands of Themyscira and quickly reestablished the Amazonian capital, complete with emissaries sent to the centaurs, cyclops, sirens and harpies also settled on the island. In accordance with their patrons, the Amazons tended the orchards of divine fruit and maintained everlasting peace.

Within the first hundred years on Themyscira, the Amazons were forced to deal with considerable changes to their bodies, thoughts, and feelings. Due to the celestial vegetation in their diet, Amazons gained a cumulative sense of time that increased reaction speed in most cases, and prophetic visions in very few. They would practice and refine this skill by deflecting arrows.”

— CRaymond’s Themyscira Worldbuild

Yeah I guess Black Panther tier? The Themyscira vegetation gives them similar physiological changes, but not as physically enhanced... more mental/prophetic(?) reflexes.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    One here is one thing that's not explained. I mean in a sense the Amazons aren't normal humans. So Amazonian training is actually what to a normal human woman? How strong will they be and how tough will they be?
    I tend to go with a trained Amazon is at about somewhere around Batman/Catapin America's level of peak human physical fitness.

Fantastic Member

What is it that you don't like the Amazon training powers? I'm just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahina View Post
    What is it that you don't like the Amazon training powers? I'm just curious.
    I don't really know, I've been really thinking about that too. Normally I know exactly why my tastes are the way they are.

I mean.. ok, I don't like the cross-contamination of genres. Amazons are a society of hunting, horse-riding women warriors in Greek Mythology of antiquity. Superstrength/speed/flight are boilerplate powers that are (yes, derived from ancient myth) emblematic of 20th century superheroes. Wonder Woman is the superhero Amazon, the one Amazon who makes her home in the 20-21st century, who protects the world -AS- a superhero, so SHE should be the one with powers, special among those in her society.

Fantastic Member

I don't really know, I've been really thinking about that too. Normally I know exactly why my tastes are the way they are.

I mean.. ok, I don't like the cross-contamination of genres. Amazons are a society of hunting, horse-riding women warriors in Greek Mythology of antiquity. Superstrength/speed/flight are boilerplate powers that are (yes, derived from ancient myth) emblematic of 20th century superheroes. Wonder Woman is the superhero Amazon, the one Amazon who makes her home in the 20-21st century, who protects the world -AS- a superhero, so SHE should be the one with powers, special among those in her society.
    I see. So you prefer George Perez Wonder Woman where she was born with superpowers?