Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Superior Spider-Man #8

Get the tissues, fellas. *sniff* The tie-in has character development. And an award-winning speech from... Gwenpool...

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member

Is Ock still using a clone body of Peter? In the panel with the 2 of them together, he's not only buffer but much taller than Peter.

SS and SM.jpg

His new body is a hybrid of Peter and Otto's original, so the artistic interpretation (that I think started with this series and Mike Hawthorne), is that logically Otto's new body wouldn't have the exact same build as Peter and that the Otto DNA would make it bigger and bulkier. I really dig that idea.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

That was beautiful. And of course Otto wouldn't listen to Peter, no matter how many times Peter kicked his @$$ or tried to help him be better. Gwenpool getting through to him, though? Priceless, and what she said about how if you save one guy, you become the most important person to that guy reminded me a fair bit of the lesson that inspired Kamala Khan to become Ms. Marvel. "If you save one life, it is as if you have saved all mankind." Truly heartwarming stuff. I hope it lasts.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

How is this series so far? I really enjoyed the original Superior Spider-Man run and have been curious about the relaunch.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    How is this series so far? I really enjoyed the original Superior Spider-Man run and have been curious about the relaunch.
    Not to sound cliche but it's been "superior". But honestly, this series has been great. Gage really understands Otto's character so well, that even if you're not the biggest Doc Ock fan you'll still root for him. He still has the same arrogance he did before, but has a new outlook, and isn't just trying to get the best of Peter. I'd highly recommend it. One of my favorite books right now.

Though some on this forum might disagree, and think Otto is better being relegated to a villain, it's issues like this where you see real character development that just makes you want them proven wrong.
    Last edited by GSman; 06-26-2019 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Not to sound cliche but it's been "superior". But honestly, this series has been great. Gage really understands Otto's character so well, that even if you're not the biggest Doc Ock fan you'll still root for him. He still has the same arrogance he did before, but has a new outlook, and isn't just trying to get the best of Peter. I'd highly recommend it. One of my favorite books right now.

Though some on this forum might disagree, and think Otto is better being relegated to a villain, it's issues like this where you see real character development that just makes you want them proven wrong.
    Nice thanks! I really enjoyed Otto's demeanor in the original Superior and that little snippit above seems like he's come into his own character more.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    Nice thanks! I really enjoyed Otto's demeanor in the original Superior and that little snippit above seems like he's come into his own character more.
    Yeah, if you enjoyed the original superior run, you'll definitely enjoy this one, since it's even better IMO. Glad I could help.
    Last edited by GSman; 06-26-2019 at 07:23 PM.

Otto is such a douche and I love it. xD

BANNED

To no surprise, this was yet another top-notch issue, one that ended on a genuinely touching note.

But while these two tie-ins have been of the usual high quality, I'll be very happy to see the book get back to its own business next issue!

This is also the first time I've actually ever read anything with Gwenpool in it. Quite enjoyed her.

Superior clears your vision and prevents scurvy. An Otto a day keeps the East Coasters at bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    This is also the first time I've actually ever read anything with Gwenpool in it. Quite enjoyed her.
    the light of my life

This was good except for one problem. Captain America seems to have amnesia. Back in the WCA series, he angrily called Kate complaining about her setting up the team without permission. Here, he asks Clint who his friends are, and Cap acts surprised when he says it's the West Coast Avengers, apparently not knowing the team existed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    This was good except for one problem. Captain America seems to have amnesia. Back in the WCA series, he angrily called Kate complaining about her setting up the team without permission. Here, he asks Clint who his friends are, and Cap acts surprised when he says it's the West Coast Avengers, apparently not knowing the team existed.
    I'm sure there's a No-Prize to be had here.

Maybe Steve didn't want Clint to know he already knew about, and was keeping tabs on, the team.

this is why i felt cheated by the conclusion of Secret Empire. you had this set up of Hydra America and Stevil's newly assembled Avengers. but, unlike during Dark Reign, there were no "Dark Avenger" solo books.