Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Superior Spider-Man #8

Get the tissues, fellas. *sniff* The tie-in has character development. And an award-winning speech from... Gwenpool...

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member

Is Ock still using a clone body of Peter? In the panel with the 2 of them together, he's not only buffer but much taller than Peter.

SS and SM.jpg

His new body is a hybrid of Peter and Otto's original, so the artistic interpretation (that I think started with this series and Mike Hawthorne), is that logically Otto's new body wouldn't have the exact same build as Peter and that the Otto DNA would make it bigger and bulkier. I really dig that idea.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    His new body is a hybrid of Peter and Otto's original, so the artistic interpretation (that I think started with this series and Mike Hawthorne), is that logically Otto's new body wouldn't have the exact same build as Peter and that the Otto DNA would make it bigger and bulkier. I really dig that idea.
    Kaine was also taller and stronger than Peter. That is actually more realistic than that a clone is identical.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Actually as Snoop Dogg mentioned, Otto's clone body isn't a complete copy of Peter. It has his DNA in the mix as well, thus it definitely wouldn't be identical to Peter's, it'd be bulkier and taller. In a weird way it's sort of like if Peter and Otto had a kid. (Gross image ik). Though if that wasn't the case and it was identical, Otto would probably have made it taller.
    Or like the Conner Kent/Kon-El Superboy over at DC, who was made from both Superman's and Lex Luthor's DNA.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Kaine was also taller and stronger than Peter. That is actually more realistic than that a clone is identical.
    Point taken, though Kaine's was justified as a byproduct of clone degeneration even if he was still taller, bulkier, and stronger than Peter after being "cured" of it ("cured" being in quotes because it turned out The Other was just keeping it in remission, so he relapsed when The Other died in Spider-Verse).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I thought I was only going to get the first few issues of SSM, but I find myself liking it to keep on going. I hope Gage will have more Otto/Reed interactions in the future, I want to see these two geniuses bounce off each other.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I agree. In Spider-Geddon they were drawn identical.
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

That was beautiful. And of course Otto wouldn't listen to Peter, no matter how many times Peter kicked his @$$ or tried to help him be better. Gwenpool getting through to him, though? Priceless, and what she said about how if you save one guy, you become the most important person to that guy reminded me a fair bit of the lesson that inspired Kamala Khan to become Ms. Marvel. "If you save one life, it is as if you have saved all mankind." Truly heartwarming stuff. I hope it lasts.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

How is this series so far? I really enjoyed the original Superior Spider-Man run and have been curious about the relaunch.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    How is this series so far? I really enjoyed the original Superior Spider-Man run and have been curious about the relaunch.
    Not to sound cliche but it's been "superior". But honestly, this series has been great. Gage really understands Otto's character so well, that even if you're not the biggest Doc Ock fan you'll still root for him. He still has the same arrogance he did before, but has a new outlook, and isn't just trying to get the best of Peter. I'd highly recommend it. One of my favorite books right now.

Though some on this forum might disagree, and think Otto is better being relegated to a villain, it's issues like this where you see real character development that just makes you want them proven wrong.
    Last edited by GSman; 06-26-2019 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Not to sound cliche but it's been "superior". But honestly, this series has been great. Gage really understands Otto's character so well, that even if you're not the biggest Doc Ock fan you'll still root for him. He still has the same arrogance he did before, but has a new outlook, and isn't just trying to get the best of Peter. I'd highly recommend it. One of my favorite books right now.

Though some on this forum might disagree, and think Otto is better being relegated to a villain, it's issues like this where you see real character development that just makes you want them proven wrong.
    Nice thanks! I really enjoyed Otto's demeanor in the original Superior and that little snippit above seems like he's come into his own character more.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    Nice thanks! I really enjoyed Otto's demeanor in the original Superior and that little snippit above seems like he's come into his own character more.
    Yeah, if you enjoyed the original superior run, you'll definitely enjoy this one, since it's even better IMO. Glad I could help.
    Last edited by GSman; 06-26-2019 at 07:23 PM.