Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

An easy to understand timeline.

Astonishing Member

No rehashed storylines. Take characters in different directions.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Only one Universe just like after Crisis on infinite earths.
    Start again from Pre-Flashpoint. N52, Rebirth and everything came after were just a bad dream.

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Only one Universe just like after Crisis on infinite earths.
    Start again from Pre-Flashpoint. N52, Rebirth and everything came after were just a bad dream.
    You voted for Luthor.

Your argument is invalid.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

I'd tweak continuity, but not reboot it. A floating timeline ala Marvel would be the plan moving forward. It largely works, so who cares about copying them.

The era of pervasive darkness, hopelessness, deconstruction, needless angst, and gratuitous death would be over. Family, legacy, hope, and inspiration would be the common threads.

The new continuity would be a hybrid of the best parts of Golden Age through now. The multiverse would be pre-Crisis in potential scope.

Superman - Marriage intact and happy with occasional friction. Jon is 13-14, younger sister Lucy is perhaps 9-10. The Kents are alive, Sam Lane is less of a jerk, and family dinners in Smallville are periodically shown and known to happen more often than we see. Kara gets characterization that's a bit more pre-Crisis without losing the edge and bit of angst that is fitting for her character.

Batman - Damien has softened a bit and wants less of adventure and more of a normal life. He still occasionally suits up as a second active Robin, but Tim is Robin. The pre-New 52 adoptions are ALL reinstated, and the Bat family is a good bit more functional than it has been in a while. Dick is Nightwing, Ric never happened. Jason was resurrected, and he's still the edgiest member of the family, but he is loved and loves them.

Flash - Two Flashes, no waiting. Barry's folks: alive and happily married. Wally & Linda? Happily married, and the twins are around but younger.
    Barry & Iris? Happily married. Bart? Impulse, mentored by Max. Wallace? Earth 2 Kid Flash under Jay.

GL - Hal and John as partners running their sector. Guy and Killowog (sp?) are both drill sergeants for rookies. GL Corp with rotating leads. Always one Earth GL (Kyle or Simon or Jessica) paired with one non-Earth Lantern.

Hawkman - Earth 2 gets Carter & Shiera, Earth 1 gets Katar and Shayera.

Aquaman - Arthur & Mera married, kid on the way. Mera is queen of Atlantis now, and Arthur is her consort. He has no interest in being King ever again. Tempest is alive & well with pre-Blackest Night characterization.

More to come.

Flash - Two Flashes, no waiting. Barry's folks: alive and happily married. Wally & Linda? Happily married, and the twins are around but younger.
    Barry & Iris?
    How big an age gap do you think there should be between Wally's twins and Barry's twins? Should all four kids have super speed?

I always imagine that Jai and Irey fight all the time, but have each other's backs when the chips are down (both will eventually end up heroes, but they're still very young now). And then Barry's twins get old enough to interact with each other, and they're like absolute best buds who always get along and Wally's like "What?! No fair!" because of the peacefulness of the Allen home.

Edit: To clarify, I tend to do away with Iris-from-future, so they raise their kids in the present. Bart's more connected to Max, anyway, so I though he'd be born (created?) from both Thawne and Allen line in future and named in honor of first speedster. Double speedster line explains why he speed ages (which I wouldn't have Jai and Irey do).
    Last edited by Tzigone; 06-27-2019 at 04:43 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

If a reboot has to happen:

Multiverse in place (JLA and Titans on Earth-1, JSA on Earth-2, Marvel Family on Earth-S, etc.). And the classic iterations of the characters in place.
    There would be two Earth-2 related books, one set in the Golden Age and one set in the modern day with the JSA legacies.

If it's a younger universe, the only generations on the main Earth-1 would be the JL and the original Teen Titans, who are still teens. Later post-Crisis non-legacy characters who fit into either of those age groups would still be featured though. Likewise, Eugene, Darla and Pedro would be on Earth-S with the Marvel Family and replace the Lt. Marvels.

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    How big an age gap do you think there should be between Wally's twins and Barry's twins? Should all four kids have super speed?

I always imagine that Jai and Irey fight all the time, but have each other's backs when the chips are down (both will eventually end up heroes, but they're still very young now). And then Barry's twins get old enough to interact with each other, and they're like absolute best buds who always get along and Wally's like "What?! No fair!" because of the peacefulness of the Allen home.

Edit: To clarify, I tend to do away with Iris-from-future, so they raise their kids in the present. Bart's more connected to Max, anyway, so I though he'd be born (created?) from both Thawne and Allen line in future and named in honor of first speedster. Double speedster line explains why he speed ages (which I wouldn't have Jai and Irey do).
    I'd keep Iris from the future, but simply have it rarely come up. Their kids, Don & Dawn, would be in the future. I might have them show up occasionally in LSH since one of them (Dawn?) Is a parent of XS. One set of kids is enough for the Flash family at once, I think. I'd probably have Jay & Linda's kids significantly younger than they were. 1st or 2nd grade, maybe?

One thing I neglected to mention earlier. Damian would age up with Jon, though not past 13 for either of them. Just old enough to occasionally visit the younger version of the LSH and be considered reserve members. I think Damian interacting with Brainy would be a lot of fun.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Let's say there is a reboot/retcon coming. What kind of things would you like to see changed? What would you like them to keep?
    Batman and his selected friends have been active for about 25-30 years. I want to leave enough leeway for all those past stories to happen.

YES Bat JESUS would be age between 45-50. He started as Batman at age 21 but did NOT stop training. He would be about 27 when he meets a 13 year old Dick Grayson.

Dick stayed as Robin until age 20. His Titans would have started when he was 16 going on 17. I would have the first team be the original 5 for the first year and then Cyborg, Raven, Beast Boy & Starfire show up. They become Titans and the 1996 version become Teen Titans and last 2 years.

Jason would have been 15 when he took over as Robin. He dies at age 17. Returns as Red Hood aged up to 21.

Tim starts his run at age 12. He stays until he hit 18 and becomes Red Robin. His Titans NEVER happened. They were always Young Justice.

Damian starts at age 10. Damian starts up Teen Titans when he hits age 12.

Barry would have died and Wally takes over. Barry returns and for a time both are Flashes. No Wallace West.

Superman stays the same for now with his parents alive. Supergirl stays the same as does Jonboy & Conor & Steel.

Black Lightning has his daughters. His ex-wife is the sister of John Stewart.

Justice League founders would have been the same as the cartoon.

Babs was Oracle and recovered. Cass & Steph held the title and went back to their old ids.

John Stewart has a son named Charlie with Katma Tui before her death. He splits time between Oa & Earth.

Hal is the main Earth Lantern. He is not on a team but will help JL when needed.

Jessica, Simon & Kyle are GLC.

Guy is on a Justice League International with Booster, Ted, Fire, Ice, Mera, Mr Miracle & Bartda, Vixen & Firestorm (Ronnie)

Cyborg can change his look, Doom Patrol member and is the guardian to someone named Wallace & Duke. He does have a Mother Box.

JSA is around.

I have to think of some more.

Quote Originally Posted by mikelmcknight72 View Post
    I'd tweak continuity, but not reboot it. A floating timeline ala Marvel would be the plan moving forward. It largely works, so who cares about copying them.

The era of pervasive darkness, hopelessness, deconstruction, needless angst, and gratuitous death would be over. Family, legacy, hope, and inspiration would be the common threads.

The new continuity would be a hybrid of the best parts of Golden Age through now. The multiverse would be pre-Crisis in potential scope.

Superman - Marriage intact and happy with occasional friction. Jon is 13-14, younger sister Lucy is perhaps 9-10. The Kents are alive, Sam Lane is less of a jerk, and family dinners in Smallville are periodically shown and known to happen more often than we see. Kara gets characterization that's a bit more pre-Crisis without losing the edge and bit of angst that is fitting for her character.

Batman - Damien has softened a bit and wants less of adventure and more of a normal life. He still occasionally suits up as a second active Robin, but Tim is Robin. The pre-New 52 adoptions are ALL reinstated, and the Bat family is a good bit more functional than it has been in a while. Dick is Nightwing, Ric never happened. Jason was resurrected, and he's still the edgiest member of the family, but he is loved and loves them.

Barry & Iris? Happily married. Bart? Impulse, mentored by Max. Wallace? Earth 2 Kid Flash under Jay.

GL - Hal and John as partners running their sector. Guy and Killowog (sp?) are both drill sergeants for rookies. GL Corp with rotating leads. Always one Earth GL (Kyle or Simon or Jessica) paired with one non-Earth Lantern.

Aquaman - Arthur & Mera married, kid on the way. Mera is queen of Atlantis now, and Arthur is her consort. He has no interest in being King ever again. Tempest is alive & well with pre-Blackest Night characterization.

More to come.
    Other than the Damian part (let Tim evolve past Robin, hand it off to Damian), I like this. Though for Jason, I would add in his history with the All Caste and such. And would have the Outlaws (Artemis and Biz at least) for his team.

I would add;
    Diana is the ambassador for the Amazons (officially) and they're not in some other dimension. No sex pirates of the New52 either. She has her pre-Flashpoint cast around, perhaps with Steve Trevor. And, just to see where it goes, has either one or both of Fury and/or Hunter, with one of them joining Jon and Damian on their exploits.

Astonishing Member

New Earth- hard reboot. Everything starts today. Lots of reimagining.

Separate the Green Lantern concept from the space cop one. The lantern goes back to being a unique artifact and patrolling the space-ways isn't done by ring-wielders using emotional energy.

Have Aquaman be closer to the movie version but with enough differences to allow another actor to assume the role without needing to overhaul the character whenever that happens.

Hold off on putting out a Justice League or similar title until the new characters have enough time to shake out who has the fanbase to make them members. IOW- no we don't just decide Cyborg gets introduced as a member because the writer wants it,

Kid sidekicks are fine- but no actual sons and daughters (Damian Wayne, Jon Kent ….)

Running alongside the reboot would be a set of titles (Legacies, Young Justice, Earth-52) designed to let the old universe still have a presence, but with the idea that in the next 5-10 years these titles would fall off and that excluding the original Titans (who are teens in the new universe and adults in the old one) no one gets to star in both lines. So no Superman, Batman, or Diana in the old books to start.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Black Vulcan. Please.
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikelmcknight72 View Post

More to come.
    Sounds idyllic.

I would love the end of that era.

A few (Didio) would read this and cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Other than the Damian part (let Tim evolve past Robin, hand it off to Damian), I like this. Though for Jason, I would add in his history with the All Caste and such. And would have the Outlaws (Artemis and Biz at least) for his team.

I would add;
    Diana is the ambassador for the Amazons (officially) and they're not in some other dimension. No sex pirates of the New52 either. She has her pre-Flashpoint cast around, perhaps with Steve Trevor. And, just to see where it goes, has either one or both of Fury and/or Hunter, with one of them joining Jon and Damian on their exploits.
    I've always felt that a huge part of Tim's failure to graduate was fans not letting him. They won't accept it. bang on about it so DC's forced to keep him as a Robinish but not quite just so they can keep milking those fans.

That is why he was RR dressed as Robin in Rebirth and why he went back to Robin for 7 issues of YJ. To con desperate naive fans.

I don't much care for a reboot. Aside from Ric, aged up Jon and can't get over been dumped Bruce everything's fine.

If there were a big reboot, I would selfishly want to see Hal as the only earth Green Lantern and for the whole GLC concept to be more like cosmic saviors, preventing intergalactic or planetwide disaster rather than just being "space cops" fighting space criminals. That said, if I actually had the power I wouldn't pull that trigger because it would screw over a lot of fans.

Keep Batman in Gotham as a good man, but possibly unhinged vigilante. And if he would never be able to take on anyone like Superman. He can't hang with the Justice League - he'd get killed in two seconds - maybe ten if he's lucky. Maybe if they needed a man on the streets, he could help but he wouldn't even want to work with them most of the time.

Wonder Woman would actually be an ambassador for peace - not a more colorful Xena. She would take on real world societal issues, and yes it would be a huge mess, but that'd be her arena in the day-to-day.

In general, give a lot of the heroes their own niche where they can be the best at something. And teaming up like in the JLA would be a *big* deal. Which means let the creatives for their respective titles carve out their own storylines where the heroes aren't tripping all over each other every minute where the Trinity always has to take center stage.