Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default What would you want to see in a reboot?

Let's say there is a reboot/retcon coming. What kind of things would you like to see changed? What would you like them to keep?
    Assassinate Putin!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Let's say there is a reboot/retcon coming. What kind of things would you like to see changed? What would you like them to keep?
    Swamp Thing and Abby together and happily married. Ditch the "Avatar of the Rot" thing too.

Wonder Woman was created from clay. That's a great origin. None of this "child of you-know-who" *****.

For Aquaman keep everything up to the Sink Atlantis arc. I'm not sure about anything beyond that.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Welcome back the DC multiverse and infinite earths.
    I'd like see DC embrace it's legacy characters, not sweep them under the carpet or fridge them.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Erase everything Andreyko, Tynion, and Bennett did with Batwoman.

Boisterously Confused

Donna Troy is an orphan Wonder Woman rescued, grows up on Paradise Island as an Amazon, and becomes a delightful (although powerful) person.

Hawkman and Hawkwoman enjoy a committed relationship, and have a comprehensible backstory.

Astonishing Member

Damien never happened. Dick was never Ric. Tim is The Robin. Otherwise just reset to pre new 52/ flashpoint.

Astonishing Member

Hard Reboot.

JSA earths. JLA earths. (That's what we are here to read.)

CSA earths are all "fear/nightmare" earths.

On JLA earth, Teen Titans: Robin (Richard Grayson), Wonder Girl (Donna), Garth, Kid Flash (Wally), Speedy (Roy) and etcetera.

Batman family: Alfred, Bruce, Richard, Barbara and Kate (new).

Simpler universe. Stories: Hero(ine) versus the Villain(ess) of the week.

More recent elements of the mythology will be added in over time.

Heavily, heavily planned out!

Lots of detailed work before the first issue of the first comic is printed.
    Last edited by scary harpy; 06-27-2019 at 05:35 AM.

Ultimate Member

Batman and his selected friends have been active for about 25-30 years. I want to leave enough leeway for all those past stories to happen.

YES Bat JESUS would be age between 45-50. He started as Batman at age 21 but did NOT stop training. He would be about 27 when he meets a 13 year old Dick Grayson.

Dick stayed as Robin until age 20. His Titans would have started when he was 16 going on 17. I would have the first team be the original 5 for the first year and then Cyborg, Raven, Beast Boy & Starfire show up. They become Titans and the 1996 version become Teen Titans and last 2 years.

Jason would have been 15 when he took over as Robin. He dies at age 17. Returns as Red Hood aged up to 21.

Tim starts his run at age 12. He stays until he hit 18 and becomes Red Robin. His Titans NEVER happened. They were always Young Justice.

Damian starts at age 10. Damian starts up Teen Titans when he hits age 12.

Barry would have died and Wally takes over. Barry returns and for a time both are Flashes. No Wallace West.

Superman stays the same for now with his parents alive. Supergirl stays the same as does Jonboy & Conor & Steel.

Black Lightning has his daughters. His ex-wife is the sister of John Stewart.

Justice League founders would have been the same as the cartoon.

Babs was Oracle and recovered. Cass & Steph held the title and went back to their old ids.

John Stewart has a son named Charlie with Katma Tui before her death. He splits time between Oa & Earth.

Hal is the main Earth Lantern. He is not on a team but will help JL when needed.

Jessica, Simon & Kyle are GLC.

Guy is on a Justice League International with Booster, Ted, Fire, Ice, Mera, Mr Miracle & Bartda, Vixen & Firestorm (Ronnie)

Cyborg can change his look, Doom Patrol member and is the guardian to someone named Wallace & Duke. He does have a Mother Box.

JSA is around.

I have to think of some more.

What would you want to see in a reboot?
    More cowbell.