Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the issue is that even without outright saying it there's the implication that current She-Hulk is "stronger" by virtue of the fact that the strong, Savage Hulk, aspect is so much emphasized...especially with the "Defense Rests" line after she beats the tar out of Ulik.

Coupled with the "free to be ugly" line and the issues she said had when she was normal She-Hulk it seems to be trying to paint her current state as stronger and better alternative to her more normal form.
    Well that's the thing. She-Hulk was always considered as tier 2, below her cousin. If I recall, she wasn't even at the 100 ton area like Thor, Hulk, Hercules, etc. So essentially, her reverting to a savage hulk is no different then bruce savage hulk being stronger than his professor hulk form. It just mean she's preferring to be this way, just like how bruce prefers his stronger form over professor hulk. Nothing wrong with that.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Bruce preferring his Savage form over his Professor form sounds like some Alex Jones nonsense.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Well that's the thing. She-Hulk was always considered as tier 2, below her cousin. If I recall, she wasn't even at the 100 ton area like Thor, Hulk, Hercules, etc. So essentially, her reverting to a savage hulk is no different then bruce savage hulk being stronger than his professor hulk form. It just mean she's preferring to be this way, just like how bruce prefers his stronger form over professor hulk. Nothing wrong with that.
    For much of her career yes, but she did consistently reach that level around the time she needed to wrestle champion, even surpassing Hercules it was suggested though he wasnt fully charged at the time iirc, either way she was definitely marked up to top teir

Though she is clearly much stronger now

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Bruce preferring his Savage form over his Professor form sounds like some Alex Jones nonsense.
    Doesn't scan right with me to be honest either

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Well I know exactly what Aaron would say because he has said it before about other things. Indeed I wont even bother to paraphrase:

I'm afraid i'm just not very interested in any "should not" rules like the ones you seem to be laying down here, especially as they relate to a fictional character who has continued to change and develop over the course of 50+ years of publication. Marvel has never been beholden to "should not" rules like that, not when there's a new story to be told.

I mean, replace 50+ with 30+ and same difference. Many of us agree wholeheartedly.

This is his new story. This is the new characterisation of the character. You trying to make it into a sexist statement is ironic even if you don't see the irony. I mean you do see the irony right? Honestly?
    Jason Aaron is the one saying men don't take attractive females seriously, despite the fact Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn are easily two of the most marketable and popular characters in DC. As for him wanting a new characterization, we just call that doing a Bendis. Jen doesn't need to be her cousin.
    Last edited by whiterabbit; 07-03-2019 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Doesn't scan right with me to be honest either
    Probably because it's not true.

Bruce definitely does not enjoy turning into the Savage Hulk, or prefer it to say Professor Hulk.

He might prefer the Savage to Joe Fixit, but that's because Joe is a prick not because he's weaker.

If he preferred but any form it would have been Banner Hulk, the weakest of all, because then he's in control,. mostly.

Banner's spent most of his time trying to make himself weaker not stronger.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Probably because it's not true.

Bruce definitely does not enjoy turning into the Savage Hulk, or prefer it to say Professor Hulk.

He might prefer the Savage to Joe Fixit, but that's because Joe is a prick not because he's weaker.

If he preferred but any form it would have been Banner Hulk, the weakest of all, because then he's in control,. mostly.

Banner's spent most of his time trying to make himself weaker not stronger.
    Yep, sounds right

The big thing is, if Jen wants to be Savage because it means she's stronger, then fine.

Don't claim that she's some sort of victim then. Don't claim that she was the victim in Banner's murder (she sure as hell didn't go looking for his son Skaar to see how he felt about the whole thing).

If She-Hulk wants to be big and muscular for the sake of being strong, and if Aaron wants a big muscular strong female in his book then fine.

But then both Jen and Aaron need to own it. Don't make up excuses. And don't be surprised when the Hulk calls you out on it.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

lol. Looks like Jason Aaron is throwing a passive-aggressive fit at those reasonably critiquing Jane Foster's run as Thor.

As an aside, what is that hammer supposed to be made of, spun sugar?

Even assuming She-Hulk's got the strength to do that the ground and Ulik's face don't.

Not to Uru at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    lol. Looks like Jason Aaron is throwing a passive-aggressive fit at those reasonably critiquing Jane Foster's run as Thor.

Don't make him passive-aggressive, you won't like his writing when he is passive-aggressive.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Don't make him passive-aggressive, you won't like his writing when he is passive-aggressive.
    Or else you'll get hammered in the face until you're really bruised and bloodied like the bad person (aka troll) that you so obviously are.
    Last edited by Electricmastro; 07-03-2019 at 01:59 PM.

This entire issue was just a soap box for the writers personal frustration, frustration for fans, frustration/hate for creators in other mediums, and all in all an outlet for him to vent.

All other issue brought up in this thread are pretty much mute. Why? Glad you asked... It is completely unprofessional and down right embarrassing that a "professional" in the industry would not only not do what he is paid to do, as in tell a good story in the context/confines is paid to operate in, but to use fictional characters that have been around for several decades to throw shade at the very people buying his title. Regardless if he agree's, disagrees, or has any opinions that are in between, he should not let those opinions affect the story or manipulate the characters in the manner that has been in this book.

Aaron did have one shinning accomplishment in this issue...He managed to check just about every box as to the reason why Marvel comics sales have been down in a single issue.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    As an aside, what is that hammer supposed to be made of, spun sugar?

Even assuming She-Hulk's got the strength to do that the ground and Ulik's face don't.

Not to Uru at any rate.
    Uru hammers have been breaking like they've been made of glass lately...

It's really stupid, but at the same time i have no idea why Jen would even need the Uru hammer in the first place.

Hulks prefer their fists and if she wants to be like Hulk more than ever than she wouldn't be using a puny stick.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post

It's this kind of childish use of his position as writer that makes me lose all interest in his work

He's not writing a story here, it's a retort, effectively propaganda

It's using his position to speak out against what he feels is incorrect criticism, rather than on a reasonable forum, or trade press, instead of actually writing a story about the characters

It might be meant as a joke at some people's expense but to me it betrays a complete lack of respect for the consumer

I'm many ways this imo is utterly deplorable

I feel
    Last edited by kilderkin; 07-03-2019 at 02:53 PM.