Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    She-Hulk says that, in her old self, the villains would flirt with her and crack jokes about her even while she takes them down, but now nobody's laughing. Written by the same guy that wrote this:

LOL, you have to admit that's pretty funny.

That's some high level (clears throat) trolling from Aaron.

For all the talk of "sensitivity" on these boards of SJW's and the like there's a lot of hand-wringing going on.

You're telling me She-Hulk fans are not regressive, they want a pretty green bombshell and any deviation is unworthy (pun intended).

If you love the Byrne take, read the Byrne take

There's so much more story to come, there's a reason that a billion dollar company hired Aaron to write the flagship title of their comic publishing arm.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    Tried to read this whole thread. Couldn't do it. Honestly I think you guys are going way WAY deeper on this topic than needed ... like "jet fuel can't melt steel beams" level nonsense.

Here's a much more plausible reality IMO:
    1. Aaron and Ewing are chatting ... and Ewing is sharing his bat-sh*t crazy Hulk plans for his new run.
    2. Aaron thinks they're great, but honestly leave Hulk in a very "anti-team" state, and he'd like to have a more "traditional" hulk on the team anyways, so he grabs Jen.
    3. As Aaron is clearly passionate about a dynamic he feels is missing in modern comics, he does some research and comes up with a story that will allow him to both keep Jen in the state he wants for the team as well as be the foil to message/idea he wants to share.

That's it. There's no malice behind it. No special agenda. Aaron needed a certain kind of Hulk and Jen was perfect as she also allowed him to write about a female character in a way he's passionate about. Those who hated Jane-Thor probably hate this hulk, those who didn't mind her are probably fine with this Hulk.

I personally loved the Mighty Thor run. It had its moments where it got a bit preachy, but every comic run does and has sense the Stan Lee days. Mighty Thor was fantastic in both story and art for me. A great ride. This Hulk ... has not been my cup of tea, but mostly because I am much more drawn to Ewing's hulk right now. So you know what? I stopped picking it up and moved on. Jen was no more "assassinated" than any hero is when they get written by someone new. Or maybe I got tempered by Bendis...
    This is exactly my thought, the Avengers need a Hulk and Banner is in Hell or whatever; so to keep with Disney/Marvel's cross pollination with the MCU and the comics Aaron put in the She-Hulk.

Full stop.

Aaron didn't want to step on the toes of Ewing because 1) Ewing has clout when it comes to writing and 2) Aaron respected Ewing's vision for Banner (this is me guessing another's state of mind).

This malicious intent that is being put upon a writer is ridiculous bordering on the obsessive.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    This is exactly my thought, the Avengers need a Hulk and Banner is in Hell or whatever; so to keep with Disney/Marvel's cross pollination with the MCU and the comics Aaron put in the She-Hulk.

Full stop.

Aaron didn't want to step on the toes of Ewing because 1) Ewing has clout when it comes to writing and 2) Aaron respected Ewing's vision for Banner (this is me guessing another's state of mind).

This malicious intent that is being put upon a writer is ridiculous bordering on the obsessive.
    So in one sentence you are 'guessing another's state of mind' and in the next, you're admonishing people for doing the same.
    Hypocrisy is alive and well I see.
    #EmmaWasRight

Fantastic Member

there's a reason that a billion dollar company hired Aaron to write the flagship title of their comic publishing arm.
    I wish i was still this naive and innocent...

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    So in one sentence you are 'guessing another's state of mind' and in the next, you're admonishing people for doing the same.
    Hypocrisy is alive and well I see.
    That's the point I'm trying to make.

We don't know, so why spiral into this hyper negativity?

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post
    I wish i was still this naive and innocent...
    Not naive or innocent (my partner wishes), merely pragmatic.

People are acting as if Aaron is some maverick doing whatever he pleases, his storylines must have been check and double checked by a myriad of higher-ups. If they didn't trust him and his vision, why risk souring the comic indica that gave rise to one of the biggest movies in cinema history?
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 07-08-2019 at 02:26 PM. Reason: adding dumb joke

Fantastic Member

Not naive or innocent (my partner wishes), merely pragmatic.

People are acting as if Aaron is some maverick doing whatever he pleases, his storylines must have been check and double checked by a myriad of higher-ups. If they didn't trust him and his vision, why risk souring the comic indica that gave rise to one of the biggest movies in cinema history?
    Not really, mistakes and inconsistency can pass even the editorial themselves, we even had a controversy of a Muslim artist slipping in antisemitic and anti-christian rhetoric a couple of years back in an X-men comic and no one noticed until the fans pointed out. Marvel comics are honestly almost completely irrelevant to the movies as is evident by the fact that the movies didn't boost the comic sales whatsoever or the fact that at the height of the movies success, the comics had different characters to their movies counterparts. Jane Thor, Riri Ironman, Falcon as Captain, Cho as Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post
    Not really, mistakes and inconsistency can pass even the editorial themselves, we even had a controversy of a Muslim artist slipping in antisemitic and anti-christian rhetoric a couple of years back in an X-men comic and no one noticed until the fans pointed out. Marvel comics are honestly almost completely irrelevant to the movies as is evident by the fact that the movies didn't boost the comic sales whatsoever or the fact that at the height of the movies success, the comics had different characters to their movies counterparts. Jane Thor, Riri Ironman, Falcon as Captain, Cho as Hulk.
    Good point about Syaf's art, one can chalk that up to the ignorance of the editorial staff. However, to your point about the MCU; you have it reversed, it's the MCU's relevancy to the comics.

This is why the comic characters now mimic the movies, for example, Stark, Thor, Fury, and the Guardians of the Galaxy, furthermore, the movies have now caught up to the different counterparts with the first being Nick Fury and now most importantly CapFalcon.

Nevertheless, I get that a lot would want to keep the comics separate from the movies but that's just not the case. The biggest example is the shunting of the entire X-Men line for the Inhumans, this is a direct response from Disney not owning the movie rights for the X-Men and now that they do, they have the biggest superstar of comicdom Hickman rebooting the entire line.

You have to admit if it is not because of the movies then what can it be?

Fantastic Member

Good point about Syaf's art, one can chalk that up to the ignorance of the editorial staff. However, to your point about the MCU; you have it reversed, it's the MCU's relevancy to the comics.

This is why the comic characters now mimic the movies, for example, Stark, Thor, Fury, and the Guardians of the Galaxy, furthermore, the movies have now caught up to the different counterparts with the first being Nick Fury and now most importantly CapFalcon.

Nevertheless, I get that a lot would want to keep the comics separate from the movies but that's just not the case. The biggest example is the shunting of the entire X-Men line for the Inhumans, this is a direct response from Disney not owning the movie rights for the X-Men and now that they do, they have the biggest superstar of comicdom Hickman rebooting the entire line.

They mimic them now, but that wasn't the case a few years ago. They certainly tried to push the Inhumans which just didn't work so they went back to the X-men something that does work and it's obvious how hard they try to push Captain Marvel comics despite them failing every time, but that doesn't explain why they swapped all the heroes when Marvel movies where booming. We still had X-men comics and even X-men events it's just that they kinda sucked big time, so bringing in Hickman is probably the smartest thing they can do to reinvigorate the mutants, X-men have never felt less relevant than until now, hopefully Hickman changes that.

That part has to be about the movies, but i still think you are exaggerating how much they try to follow the movies every time, because they clearly do not. They definitely try to follow some Marvel trends especially with characters that dont work like Carol where they hope the movie boosts her sales, but other time it feels like they just don't care at all.

I think some of it lines up, but some doesn't.

GotG it makes sense: the comic was clearly niche, the movies put a spotlight on it, so the comics adopted the MCU personas to ride that popularity wave. It seemed to workout fine.

But then you have Ewing's Hulk, which is about as far removed from the MCU Hulk as one could possibly be. I mean Ewing stopped just short of changing Hulk's color. The two are NOTHING alike.

I don't think there is a hard rule of one medium following another. I think they take inspiration from each other, but that's the extent of it. Might as well call the MCU 8600 or some such (that's not taken, right)

But then you have Ewing's Hulk, which is about as far removed from the MCU Hulk as one could possibly be. I mean Ewing stopped just short of changing Hulk's color. The two are NOTHING alike.
    You're right, of course, but I couldn't resist from shoehorning this one in:

I think some of it lines up, but some doesn't.

GotG it makes sense: the comic was clearly niche, the movies put a spotlight on it, so the comics adopted the MCU personas to ride that popularity wave. It seemed to workout fine.

I don't think there is a hard rule of one medium following another. I think they take inspiration from each other, but that's the extent of it. Might as well call the MCU 8600 or some such (that's not taken, right)
    I agree, that's why Aaron has She-Hulk stand in for Banner in the Avengers

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

2) Those stuff never happened and Jennifer always felt victimised no matter what those other writers showed in their books.
    She didn't like it when Bi-Beast flirted with her at any rate.
    Last edited by Venom Melendez; 07-10-2019 at 06:04 AM.

Avengers #21 has just been released. And after that episode-long rant about refusing to be a sexual object and get undesired sexual reactions... we get this.

Fantastic Member

I take back everything bad i said about Aaron, he is a master troll.

He mostly trolls the fans that still defend him, but he still is a troll never the less, at least we can drop any pretense of professionalism.

Oh and i am too lazy to post scans but after Jen complained about team members sometimes flirting with her, she literally goes on and flirts with Blade and acts like a 13 year old girl with an awkward crush.

We also see for the first time out of nowhere and with no explanation that she when thinking to herself in Hulk form can talk perfectly normally but when she speaks out loud she speaks like the dumb/childish Hulk.

This is perfect.

Edit: Jen is looking super hot btw, i can't stop myself from objectifying her, not even joking i like those muscular women, thanks Aaron i now see that you are a man of culture after all.
    Last edited by Subzero89; 07-10-2019 at 06:58 AM.