Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
That's not what's being said in this issue. Some people are grossly oversimplifying or exaggerating Jen's position.

She isn't saying that being attractive was "harder" than being ugly or savage. She says that there were negative aspects to the way she was perceived and regarded that Bruce was oblivious to. To say that the sexual harassment she endured was no big deal and that it didn't matter because she knew how to handle it is the kind of thing that men say to women all the time in order to diminish and belittle their suffering.

It seems like many of the complaints about this issue only confirm the points that Aaron is making.
That's not the angle I was taking. It's up to the woman and not the man to determine whether she's being harassed. That's self-evident. But that's not what's happening here. What we have here is (I think most people are hearkening back to Byrne's run) a 1990's confident, sexualized character written by a man...now 2010's character who is contradicting that 1990's characterization, also being written by a man.

I can say in this case it didn't matter because Jen routinely broke the 4th wall and we knew what she was thinking. It is absurd to equate this situation (specifically with this character) to actual harassment