Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post
    Yes and i am sure it will totally pay off and we are actually going to get an explanation as to why the Celestial gave her that power in the first place, 100%.
    Aaron set up a number of threads in his Thor run that he paid off. There's no reason to believe his Avengers run will be any different in that regard.

BANNED

Did you presume that sexual harassment is something that can only happen to women? I can actually do you one even better if you want, there is a comic from the 80's where Bruce was literally almost raped by a couple of dudes.
    Was the Hulk himself ever almost raped?

Probably not.

While sexual harassment can happen to anyone, I think it'd be a lot harder to make a case that Bruce experienced the kind of chronic abuse that Jen - or any woman - would encounter on a daily basis.
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 06-29-2019 at 02:01 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Aaron set up a number of threads in his Thor run that he paid off. There's no reason to believe his Avengers run will be any different in that regard.
    And a few that didn't, in fact he created some contradictions but i will be fair and will wait for his runs to be over before i see if all of them pay off in the end.

Fantastic Member

Was the Hulk himself ever almost raped?

Probably not.

While sexual harassment can happen to anyone, I think it'd be a lot harder to make a case that Bruce experienced the kind of chronic and use that Jen - or any woman - would encounter on a daily basis.
    Nice moving of the goal post, YES in fact forgive me for i forgot for a second, Hulk was actually raped by Umar 2 times as he was mind-controlled to have sex with her. And one time was used by Red She Hulk who forced sex on him in the middle of a street so they were both being watched, just to get back at Banner(oh and it lasted for 2 hours because that's also told to us), which ironically happened under which perverted writer you may ask? The one and only Jason Aaron. Who knew Aaron was that kinky.

Yes, in general women have it worse but one of Aarons points was that She-Hulk apparently experienced something that Banner didn't, which is entirely untrue as I've shown.
    Last edited by Subzero89; 06-29-2019 at 12:43 PM.

Nice moving of the goal post, YES in fact forgive me for i forgot for a second, Hulk was actually raped by Umar 2 times as he was mind-controlled to have sex with her. And one time was used by Red She Hulk who forced sex on him in the middle of a street so they were both being watched, just to get back at Banner(oh and it lasted for 2 hours because that's also told to us), which ironically happened under which perverted writer you may ask? The one and only Jason Aaron. Who knew Aaron was that kinky.

Yes, in general women have it worse but one of Aarons points was that She-Hulk apparently experienced something that Banner didn't, which is entirely untrue as I've shown.
    Um, sexual harassment and rape, while bad, are not the same thing.

Quite the opposite. While many fans just want to continue to regard Jen's past history at face value, Aaron is instead looking to ask questions and probe a little deeper.
    I don't think he's looking so much deeper as much as taking a completely upending the perspective of who She-Hulk is and missing a few of the finer points of the character in the process.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Um, sexual harassment and rape, while bad, are not the same thing.
    Where did i say that sexual harassment and rape are the same thing?

I loved this issue. Thoughtful, interesting perspective on Jen’s She Hulk phases. I never expected to enjoy this kind of She-Hulk, but I really do. I’m sure classic Jen will be back fairly soon and I’m going to enjoy the rest of this ride (hopefully with more spotlights on her in the near future).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    I loved this issue. Thoughtful, interesting perspective on Jen’s She Hulk phases. I never expected to enjoy this kind of She-Hulk, but I really do. I’m sure classic Jen will be back fairly soon and I’m going to enjoy the rest of this ride (hopefully with more spotlights on her in the near future).
    Please don't get mad if I ask.... You're a lady right? (Forgive me it's The Internet) :-) The reason I'm asking, is that most of this debate seems to be Guy vs. Guy concerning She Hulk's look and persona; it would be interesting to get actual female perspective on what Aaron is doing. Please forgive me if you've done this already; didn't feel like wading thru 19 pages....)

What the literal hell!? This issue was a mess, IMO! Maybe things will get better I suppose. While I'm not ready to drop this book yet, I'm getting there.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    Please don't get mad if I ask.... You're a lady right? (Forgive me it's The Internet) :-) The reason I'm asking, is that most of this debate seems to be Guy vs. Guy concerning She Hulk's look and persona; it would be interesting to get actual female perspective on what Aaron is doing. Please forgive me if you've done this already; didn't feel like wading thru 19 pages....)
    I’m a guy! A gay guy, for clarity.
    Also a She Hulk fan from day one. I got Savage She Hulk #2 in my Christmas stocking in 81 (?) and have been a devoted fan ever since. Her stint asa a member of the FF is probably my fave comic run of all time.

I like all this "See Jen was made to be a non agressive female" when the OG Savage She Hulk was a thing. Where she was a literal Hulk Copy just less grotesquely muscular (still savage abd giant though) only it sold poorly and took a revamp to make people actually give a ****.

I seriously want Linkara read this horseshit of a issue and bury this awful garbage in to the trash. Ridiculous
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I don't know how, but I somehow guessed the user who made the thread just by looking at the title.

New Mutant power?

Let's remember one thing: She-Hulk is a fictional character, not a real person. In the real world, people is free to radically change their views of life (or have it changed becaused of some traumatic event, such as a rape), but a fictional character has to stay consistent to be credible. A character may be changed, but it would require to be properly justified and had a previous set up, and then used for a good story that justifies the change. Nothing of that happens here. The change comes completely from out of nowhere, and have not been significant or required for any new stories so far.