Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    No he said “I liked the idea of having a Hulk on the team, but I wasn’t interested in doing Banner again. I was very interested in Jennifer Walters though."
    Yes that's what i said, he never actually turned down Banner because he was never offered to do Banner, he could only do Jen at the time, so he is explaining how he actually wanted Jen in the first place.
    Last edited by Subzero89; 07-02-2019 at 09:58 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    1) Most likely Aaron or Marvel wanted Hulk in the book so as much movie characters can be on the team as possible but Aaron ended up with She-Hulk due to Immortal Hulk's story.

2) Those stuff never happened and Jennifer always felt victimised no matter what those other writers showed in their books. Get rekt.
    I'm curious how you understand how a character felt beyond what the writers at the time say, which is literally what the character felt since they are writing it?

I understand things might be altered after the fact, but at the time, the then writer was correct.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I'm curious how you understand how a character felt beyond what the writers at the time say, which is literally what the character felt since they are writing it?

I understand things might be altered after the fact, but at the time, the then writer was correct.
    I think than Triniking1234 was being sarcastic toward Aaron in the commentary.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I think than Triniking1234 was being sarcastic toward Aaron in the commentary.
    My apologies if that's the case

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post
    Yes that's what i said, he never actually turned down Banner because he was never offered to do Banner, he could only do Jen at the time, so he is explaining how he actually wanted Jen in the first place.
    I can’t remember where I heard it but I am pretty sure I did. That quote wasn’t to ‘prove he was offered Banner’.

Either way you seem super invested in making sure I know Jason Aaron is screwing with Jen. I am not going to change my mind on this because I am enjoying the book and during his time on Thor I think I have got a pretty good handle on how he thinks and how he writes. You probably are not as invested in getting to know that, so I would just say that you should trust him. Your choice if you do or not.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

As to the "Gorr was Right" reveal, that was held back for story reasons. It was nothing to do with the Jane story, and would only have detracted from it. Those of us that were enjoying that story were not in a hurry. If you were not reading along I can see how that might be more frustrating. Just waiting for a spoiler post to tell you what it was about. I should know, I fielded my fair share of irrelevant "do we know what the whisper was yet" questions in threads discussing individual issues that didn't even have Odinson in them, and saying "not yet" in the very frequent threads that purely existed to ask that one question every two or three weeks. Especially when the often brand new poster often seemed to sit back and watch people argue without contributing or acknowledging the answer. That was my only frustration. The story was well paced for me.

As revealed in march 2017 yes. This is not news and is hardly a spoiler now.
    It's news to me, since I gave up on Aaron's Thor and this bit of cliff hanger nonsense, but I'm not worried or complaining about spoilers. I just wanted to confirm this was the actual quote that had to be hidden for YEARS.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    It is, and imo it's a load of bull created to afford a change in weilder

At no point does it hold up to internal logic of the mythos

Odin places an enchantment that judges the worthy by standards he crafted into it, yet apparently no god is

Absolute drivel I feel
    No i am not kidding you, the reveal was that stupid indeed...
    I find it an amazingly flat resolution to a question that stretched out for YEARS.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    It's news to me, since I gave up on Aaron's Thor and this bit of cliff hanger nonsense, but I'm not worried or complaining about spoilers. I just wanted to confirm this was the actual quote that had to be hidden for YEARS.

I find it an amazingly flat resolution to a question that stretched out for YEARS.
    Yes, that's what I felt, amongst other things, but it was a flat let down

It is more involved than this. The whisper need not be complex, it is the logic behind it that is more so. Not so complex that people should still be misunderstanding it however, but it often seems like an easy way to dismiss the book is to claim the logic is something that wouldn’t make sense and then bash it for not making sense.

The most important part was that Fury knew for a fact that Gorr was right. He effectively turned what Aaron portrayed as Thor’s constant doubts and fears about not being worthy into a verified fact that gods are not worthy. Now I know from starting a thread about this very point a while back that some people think that doesn’t make sense either, but it seems perfectly logical given the story of Original Sin IMO. Either way that’s the logic that drives the unworthy story and eventually that’s the reason that Thor still doesn’t consider himself worthy despite coming to terms with what it means and being able to lift Mjolnir again.

Fantastic Member

I can’t remember where I heard it but I am pretty sure I did. That quote wasn’t to ‘prove he was offered Banner’.

Either way you seem super invested in making sure I know Jason Aaron is screwing with Jen. I am not going to change my mind on this because I am enjoying the book and during his time on Thor I think I have got a pretty good handle on how he thinks and how he writes. You probably are not as invested in getting to know that, so I would just say that you should trust him. Your choice if you do or not.
    I actually couldn't less of a care what you think about Aaron or what he is doing with Jen, you on the other hand seem to be fairly invested in defending Jason Aarons honor on this forum from me and everyone else, so good luck with that noble quest.

I don't white knight writers in my free time unless i think they deserve it, so if there is anyone whining about Thor God of Thunder storyline i would defend it because i loved that story, but i am not gonna defend every dumb decision Aaron or anyone else makes just because i happen to like the person too much to be objective about him. So no i don't trust him, in fact it would be silly of me to put trust into some random writer that has disappointed me many times in the past and only keeps disappointing me.

I actually couldn't less of a care what you think about Aaron or what he is doing with Jen, you on the other hand seem to be fairly invested in defending Jason Aarons honor on this forum from me and everyone else, so good luck with that noble quest.

I don't white knight writers in my free time unless i think they deserve it, so if there is anyone whining about Thor God of Thunder storyline i would defend it because i loved that story, but i am not gonna defend every dumb decision Aaron or anyone else makes just because i happen to like the person too much to be objective about him. So no i don't trust him, in fact it would be silly of me to put trust into some random writer that has disappointed me many times in the past and only keeps disappointing me.
    Well luckily I don’t do that, I just don’t complain loudly when I don’t like things. I do sometimes make clear what I don’t like about Aaron’s stories and he is by no means my favourite writer. Top ten maybe. I do love his Thor story. The whole of it. Including the parts I don’t like as much.

Believe it or not I have no real problem with people not liking his stories but so often they try and claim it is his writing that is at fault, and pretend it’s nothing to do with taste.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 07-02-2019 at 11:05 AM.

Fantastic Member

Pretty much, it's no secret that the whole thing was pretty forced and just an excuse to put a female Thor in the lead.

Let's be honest no matter what the whisper was ALWAYS going to be dumb, Thor losing his worthiness because Nick Fury whispered something in his ear is hilarious, but people were at least expecting it to be something more complex, more innovative, other than "trololol Gorr was right", it was so dumb and even contradictory because Thor already questioned himself during the whole Gorr thing whether or not he was worthy or not yet didn't lose his worthiness then.

Fantastic Member

Well luckily I don’t do that, I just don’t complain loudly when I don’t like things. I do sometimes make clear what I don’t like about Aaron’s stories and he is by no means my favourite writer. Top ten maybe.
    No you just complain loudly at others when they don't like things that you like.

Jesus Christ.. when Aaron is not even your favorite writer i can't imagine how hard you go even someone insults your top 3 lol.
    Last edited by Subzero89; 07-02-2019 at 11:07 AM.

No you just complain loudly at others when they don't like things that you like.

Jesus Christ.. even Aaron is not even your favorite writer i can't imagine how hard you go even someone insults your top 3 lol.
    Crossposted other stuff. I have a habit of adding to my thoughts. I never attack the people I challenge ideas. If you would prefer I don’t challenge your ideas I can stop.

The thing I challenge most is when somebody attacks a professional writer as a person or for being unskilled.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 07-02-2019 at 11:14 AM.

Fantastic Member

Crossposted other stuff. I have a habit of adding to my thoughts. I never attack the people I challenge ideas. If you would prefer I don’t challenge your ideas I can stop.

The thing I challenge most is when somebody attacks a professional writer as a person or for being unskilled.
    I didn't say you "attack" anyone, i said you seem to be very loud at others when they don't like things you like. You only seem to challenge the notion that Aaron can do no wrong.

Being a professional writer doesn't excuse anyone of dumbassery, as i have said before and even pointed out there are certain things that Aaron has done that are plainly dumb, his worst is probably that time he made Red She Hulk and Hulk have sex in the middle of the street for 2 hours as other people watched and RSH did it just so she could make her husband jealous, professional writer coming through.

I didn't say you "attack" anyone, i said you seem to be very loud at others when they don't like things you like. You only seem to challenge the notion that Aaron can do no wrong.
    He can do wrong. He has done things I don’t like or care for. I don’t challenge that notion at all. But...

Being a professional writer doesn't excuse anyone of dumbassery,
    Being a professional comic writer that is given the keys to the kingdom necessitates not being a dumbass by qualification. Accusing someone of that is not OK. It is ok to say you personally don’t see things the same way as them but the hoops they jump through and the editorial input that they receive means that they don’t get to do things Marvel don’t approve of. That means what they write has been signed off as of the necessary quality and not damaging to the properties.

Fandom seems to have a blind spot over this. They seem to think that a writer that does something they don’t like is at fault. Not that they did something they don’t personally appreciate, not that the vision challenges theirs or that the choices are not ones they would make, but that they made wrong bad choices or that the vision is wrong. That is entirely wrongheaded. It may be how modern fandom thinks but fandom is wrong and needs challenging.

as i have said before and even pointed out there are certain things that Aaron has done that are plainly dumb,
    which is exactly why we are arguing. Because you phrase it like that.

his worst is probably that time he made Red She Hulk and Hulk have sex in the middle of the street for 2 hours as other people watched and RSH did it just so she could make her husband jealous, professional writer coming through.
    Not sure I read that. The way you express it sounds challenging, but I would need to see the context. So many of these “the writer was just wrong” notions have another way of looking at them.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 07-02-2019 at 12:07 PM.