Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    When I was a kid and I theaterer jumped (don't follow my example, kids at home.... pay for your movies), I'd leave a movie and try to jump to a better one if I wasn't enjoying it. It was a dollar threater and there were a bunch playing at the same time, with a staff that didn't even give a dam so I'd just wander around in and out until I found something I liked.

But if I actually paid for a movie, I'm sitting through it no matter what. Movies aren't cheap now.

Once or twice I have falled asleep at movies I was absolutely bored with.
    Only movie I ever was so bored with I walked out was Sgt. Pepper's lonely hearts club band with Peter Frampton and I theater jumped over to the Jungle Book, the first Disney version.
    Power with Girl is better.

Retired

I'm straining my brain to think of any movies I walked out of because they were bad. It's usually because of the people I'm with--I've been pressured to walk out of movies that I was enjoying because a friend didn't like it and wanted to leave. When it's been the other way around and I wanted to leave because I could tell five minutes in that it was going to be terrible, they never agreed to go, so I was stuck--and in those cases, I just slunk down in my seat and closed my eyes and tried to catch some sleep.

Ideally, I prefer to be by myself--then I don't have to worry about anyone else's enjoyment. And if I can pick the movie, then it's going to be one I really want to see.

There's also been a few times in the past, when I was at a movie and a girl I liked came in the theatre with a date and, wishing to avoid them, I snuck out the exit door.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Nope; I actually chose to go see Batman & Robin as part of a contest where you could win tickets to a Batman movie re-release because I knew it was a shitty movie. But that meant it was funny. I also wanted to hear Moloko. (And I'm surprised they didn't play Arkarna in the film. Neither did they play "Poison Ivy" by whats her name.)
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Extraordinary Member

Haven't seen a movie so bad that I walked out in years.

I usually see things I'm pretty sure I will like so its not an issue.

However, if I hadn't seen the last Fantastic Four movie with a friend, I would have walked out on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Only movie I ever was so bored with I walked out was Sgt. Pepper's lonely hearts club band with Peter Frampton and I theater jumped over to the Jungle Book, the first Disney version.
    Haha I forgot about Sgt. Peppers. Blanked the experience out. Should have walked out. Just soooooo bad.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Ms. Marvel It was near the end. I know it was near the end because there was the requite reveal and big fight scene. I found the film tiresome, boring and Larson was just intolerable. I had to catch a bus and didn't think what I was seeing on scene was worth hanging around an extra half hour to catch the next bus. So I left.

Twilight: I knew there was something wrong when I walked into the theater and 95% of of the seats were empty. Boring and silly, at the scene where it showed Edward (or whatever his name is) shirtless and his body filled with sparkles. I thought I've had enough. And left

Pirates of the Caribbean: Boring and silly. Very thin plot and just a lot of running around. I walked out, asked the usher how it ended and left.

Star Wars: Rogue One: It was mid February, It had been a long week and I needed a pick me up. Sadly the film didn't do it. It was really nothing but a derivative paint-by-numbers, thinly disguised film about the French Resistance taking down the Nazi's. Couldn't make myself care and I found it tedious. I left.
    Last edited by Mia; 06-28-2019 at 03:28 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Ms. Marvel It was near the end. I know it was near the end because there was the requite reveal and big fight scene.
    Serious question. When was this released?

Retired

I know that SGT. PEPPER'S is a bad movie and an insult to the Beatles (who not owning their songs had no say in what happened to them), but I sat through all of it--for the badness of George Burns talk-singing "Fixing a Hole" there were good covers by Frampton, the Bee Gees, Earth, Wind & Fire--and I wanted to know how it would end. There's a love story that ties the movie together, so I wanted to see what happened to Billy Shears and Strawberry Fields. I even bought the casette tape of the soundtrack.

I'm not sure I'd say it's much worse than ACROSS THE UNIVERSE. Those two movies and YELLOW SUBMARINE all try to string together a narrative from a collection of Beatles songs. SUBMARINE does it best, because it has the actual recordings, but I find this kind of approach doesn't work. It's too cloying. The actual story of the Beatles is far more interesting than anything you could make up.

Before PEPPER, the producer Robert Stigwood was riding high--having produced TOMMY, SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER and GREASE right before it. That was the first major blow to his reputation as a hit maker. The second was MOMENT BY MOMENT--which also derailed John Travolta's ride to superstardom. I've never seen that movie, but I gather it had a lot of audiences walking out on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Haha I forgot about Sgt. Peppers. Blanked the experience out. Should have walked out. Just soooooo bad.
    There are movies I wanted to walk out on because they were so bad. The Green Hornet movie of a few years ago. The Van Williams/ Bruce Lee version done by William Dozier is in no danger of being replaced as the greatest version and even the old radio serials seem pretty good after watching that movie.

The movie version of "Land of the Lost" was another I was tempted to walk out on.

So help me, if the hostages Wonder Woman saved near the beginning of "Justice League" had instead been killed as some rumors have it, I would have walked out.

But Sgt. Pepper, I just found superficial, annoying and irritating. When they were singing I want you so bad, I just up and walked out. Maybe it was just Frampton singing it.
    Power with Girl is better.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I know that SGT. PEPPER'S is a bad movie and an insult to the Beatles (who not owning their songs had no say in what happened to them), but I sat through all of it--for the badness of George Burns talk-singing "Fixing a Hole" there were good covers by Frampton, the Bee Gees, Earth, Wind & Fire--and I wanted to know how it would end. There's a love story that ties the movie together, so I wanted to see what happened to Billy Shears and Strawberry Fields. I even bought the casette tape of the soundtrack.
    You forgot Aerosmith’s version of “Come Together” which I thought was the best of a bad batch.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Serious question. When was this released?
    Come on man you know what he means.

There are movies I wanted to walk out on because they were so bad. The Green Hornet movie of a few years ago. The Van Williams/ Bruce Lee version done by William Dozier is in no danger of being replaced as the greatest version and even the old radio serials seem pretty good after watching that movie.

The movie version of "Land of the Lost" was another I was tempted to walk out on.

So help me, if the hostages Wonder Woman saved near the beginning of "Justice League" had instead been killed as some rumors have it, I would have walked out.
    I didn't see Justice League in theaters, but it was an option for an overseas flight I took, so I started in on it. Couldn't watch more than about 20 minutes, before doing other stuff like computer games. Not sure I would have lasted the whole movie had I paid good money for it. But its pretty bad that, trapped on an airplane for 12 hours, I chose to play solitaire rather than watch Justice League the whole way through.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Incredible Member

fear and loathing in las vegas, it was nothing but one long drug trip. People swear by it because they are super into the life of hunter s thompson, but I'm not one of them.

Empty is thy hand!

I took my gf and best friend at the time to see Kill Bill and then theater hopped to The Punisher. None of us really liked the former, and my friends had no patience for the latter. They begged me to leave and I couldn't blame them.

Sat through the first hour or so of Lego Batman, watched the primary plot threads resolve, and decided to leave when the movie monsters attacked. Sometimes enough is enough.

I could never walk out on a movie I paid for. Too compulsive I guess. However, i came awful close to walking out of Intersection. Standard soap opera plot. Man (Richard Gere) has to choose between his cold wife (Sharon Stone) and his hot mistress (Lolita Davidovich). With a plot that conventional and cliched, the acting has to be really good to save the film, but Sharon Stone lives up to her last name, Richard Gere and Martin Landau as his best friend pretty much sleepwalk their way through it, so Davidovich's decent performance can't save the picture. I won't spoil the ending except to say that it's a real cop-out. To quote the late Gene Siskel, "It was two hours out of my life I can never get back."