Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Ever WALK OUT on a crappy movie? (and why?)

I haven't, but films like Warlock : the armageddon and Twilight sure tested me. WTA was boring and Twilight was blasphemy to someone who grew up with Salem's lot, Fright night, Lost boys, Near dark, Dusk til dawn etc. The friggin vampire baseball match almost made me wanna walk out BUT I work in a high school library and I wanted to understand what the fuss was about...

I saw VERY BAD THINGS years ago. A few people walked out when the stripper was killed and the boys made plans to dismember her. I enjoyed this dark comedy, especially the ending but I guess it was promoted too much like a Something about Mary type comedy...

and YOU?

I sure did:

Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen. Seriously, Michael Bay tries the audiences with his lame humor and storytelling and it's sad how he raped this movie. I tried to give some things about this movie a pass, but then came to the point in which I had to leave it was so unbearable.

Mandy. I heard so many things about this movie that I decided to see for myself. But the movie stated to get a tad confusing and started to drag in which I started to get inpatient to learn what the point was to certain scenes. I wasn't feeling it and I walked.

The Undead. It's an Australian indy zombie movie in which I didn't know it was gonna be a cheesy comedy until I went to see it. It was pretty much nods to Return Of The Living Dead and Night Of The Creeps. They movie was just too trifling and I really didn't stay long for this movie.

Spider-Man 3 was a movie I wished I walked out of, though.

I've never walked out of a movie, but I was tempted to on two occasions: Batman & Robin, which was excruciating in its awfulness, and The Bourne Supremacy, which wasn't a bad film per se, but as a big fan of The Bourne Identity I just hated pretty much all of the creative decisions and consequently hated the film as a whole.

Niffleheim

I walked out of Sanctum (2009). I've deleted most of what I experienced. I'm one of the few who loved Avatar so i just went into this because of James Cameron's named attached to it. I remember walking out of the cinema heaving after watching a scene of someone being intentionally scalped. I don't even have the full details

Yep Spider-Man 3 was awful all the freaking singing was unbearable. God! did I want MJ dead ( the torture was too much so I left.)
    Last edited by Tofali; 06-28-2019 at 10:40 PM.

Astonishing Member

I would never walk out, i paid for it, so i will stay. But, if it gets unbearable i take a nap, so i use my time for it. It just happend twice. With Ice Age 3 (boring as hell) and Kondom des Grauens (a german movie, i think you can translate it with Condom of Dread!!! Dont ask...)

Not as an adult. But as a kid my Grandma took me to see Austin Powers without knowing what it was about. After about 5mins she dragged me out and said that was not what she expected lol.

Also Mu favorite Giant i think it's called with Billy Crystal. My grandma took me to see it when I was a kid. It was so boring my cousin started crying and I fell asleep. My grandma again walked us out half way through the movie.

But yea I've never walked out of a movie because how bad it was. If I pay for something I gonna finish it.

I felt asleep a couple of times but never walked out no.

I pay, i stay damn it.

BANNED

Speed 2 I think was the first one I left early on, but that was because the cinematography style made my wife motion sick. I never felt like I missed anything though and have never watched the rest of the show.

Wonder Woman I walked out of right after No Man's Land. Just wasn't holding my interest. Watched the end on streaming and was sorry I did, since the first half was the better half.

Spider-verse I wanted to leave early, but for some reason struggled through it. I didn't love the story - multiverse things are not my personal taste for Spider-man, and even given that Kingpin was the worst choice you could make for the villain of that sort of story. Everything seemed out of place, and it suffered from 20 minute cartoon superhero syndrome, where the fighting takes over the whole movie at the expense of trying to fit a story into 15% of the film time.

Jessica Jones season 1 I struggled through, growing more and more restless with each show. Finally realized I hated it and was getting no enjoyment out of it so why the hell am I forcing myself to sit through it? Turned the TV off and never returned to it. I have never seen the last 30 minutes of the series, and never plan to.

I figure if I pay for something and I'm not enjoying it, I'm using my money in the worst possible way by not leaving and doing something I enjoy. When all is said and done, the theater is taking money for my time, not the movie, and I receive no value experiencing something I don't like all the way to the end, especially if I can do something else instead

When I was a kid and I theaterer jumped (don't follow my example, kids at home.... pay for your movies), I'd leave a movie and try to jump to a better one if I wasn't enjoying it. It was a dollar threater and there were a bunch playing at the same time, with a staff that didn't even give a dam so I'd just wander around in and out until I found something I liked.

But if I actually paid for a movie, I'm sitting through it no matter what. Movies aren't cheap now.

Once or twice I have falled asleep at movies I was absolutely bored with.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I've never walked out of a movie before it ended, though there were a precious few occasions when I wish I had, most notably:

Hudson Hawk: Bruce Willis was fresh off his success in Die Hard, so I watched him in this comedic heist thriller which was pure dreck.

Batman & Robin: Lord have mercy, what an abominable train wreck of a dumpster fire of a four-alarm disaster that shitstorm was!

The Village: The craptastic ending of that film infuriated me so much, I swore off watching M. Night Shymalan movies after that.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 06-27-2019 at 06:58 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Never walked out of a movie theater, because it would be rude to the people I was with. I've bailed on a few movies I was watching at home, though. I even ditched Wonder Woman because they were using too much slo-mo in the fight scenes. One of my pet peeves.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Only times I've walked out of a movie theatre (and not com back) have been when I was sick, and the one time I forgot to turn my phone off (received so many calls towards to the end that there was no way I was going to walk back to my seat).

Admittedly a few films have been so boring, and long that for when I stopped paying attention I may as well have left the the theatre. But I've never watched attended a screening of a film so unpleasant that I wished to leave.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Three times...

The first, my friend & I snuck into Jeepers Creepers when we were underage. We were so paranoid we were going to get caught, that we left about halfway though the movie. Now, I would just have walked out based on how utterly dumb it was.

The second, some of my friends & I went to see When a Stranger Calls. We arrived just as the movie was starting and only the front row was open. We sat uncomfortably for about 15 minutes before leaving and getting a refund. We were successful the second attempt.

The third, my female friends got to pick the movie and we went to see Fool's Gold. After 20 minutes I got up and left and texted one of them my apologies. The movie was awful.

I also did fall asleep for the majority of Cowboys & Aliens. Had no interest in seeing the whole thing after.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    When I was a kid and I theaterer jumped (don't follow my example, kids at home.... pay for your movies),
    Disagree, if you can do it you should. who cares, you save money while the studios swim in more money than you'll ever have

I know my tastes pretty well, so I've never needed to walk out of a movie because I wouldn't have walked IN in the first place if I thought the basic premise wouldn't grab me.

I've never been a particularly big theatergoer in the first place, so it does take a lot to get me to go. These days, it's basically for comic book movies, and even then, only the must-see-nows. For me, this year, it's been Shazam and Avengers. I'll see Captain Marvel and Dark Phoenix on Blu-Ray. Not sure about Star Wars yet. Still haven't seen Episode 8 or Solo.

I will say that I was bored with Spider-Man: Homecoming, and I was surprised by that. I wanted the movie to end about 20 minutes before it did. I didn't walk out, but I won't bother with Far From Home until Blu-Ray.

I find that I have more tolerance for movies when I see them at home. There's only a few movies that I own that I just couldn't finish even at home. One was Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai. I only got through about 10 to 15 minutes before I took out the DVD. This was definitely a case where the fanboys overhyped this thing. There's a reason why it only has a cult following. I did give it another try and forced myself to get through the full DVD, but when all is said and done, it's really not a great movie. It's more like an extended goofy Saturday Night Live sketch that tries way too hard to be way too hip.

I like old movies from the Golden Age of Hollywood, but I also couldn't get through more than the first few minutes of Bette Davis' The Little Foxes. This was over a decade ago and still haven't tried it again.