Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Disagree, if you can do it you should. who cares, you save money while the studios swim in more money than you'll ever have
    It's not always about the studio though. Sure, no one making Avengers movies are hurting if someone sneaks in, but the small indie movie relies on theater attendances. And not just to make money, but to make another movie in the future.

A friend and I walked out early of Eragon (when the Dragon started talking to the kid), the theater was gracious enough to refund our money (one of the employees was laughing, apparently he was familiar with just how bad the film was) and we ended up seeing something else. (I'm blanking on what we watched, so it must have been mediocre, but not AS terrible as Eragon.)

I should have walked out of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen but kept hoping it would get better at some point.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I figure if I pay for something and I'm not enjoying it, I'm using my money in the worst possible way by not leaving and doing something I enjoy. When all is said and done, the theater is taking money for my time, not the movie, and I receive no value experiencing something I don't like all the way to the end, especially if I can do something else instead
    Yeah, I don't get the impulse to tough it out because you paid for it. Money's already wasted, now you're just wasting your time on top of that.

That said, I've never walked out of a movie. Came close with Batman and Robin though.

I've never walked out of a movie theater,although i was tempted to with Constantine.

I have however, ejected a bunch of DVDs and thrown them straight in the trash, but that comes with the territory when you go looking for low budget horror movies that nobody has ever heard of. There's a lot of garbage out there.

Disagree, if you can do it you should. who cares, you save money while the studios swim in more money than you'll ever have
    You're not punishing studios you're punishing the theaters which are sometimes locally owned.

Never walked out I usually know going in I'm going to like a film by trailers, buzz, director, etc but I do gamble with franchises I like and while I didn't walk out the two times I came close was Attack of the Clones and Batman & Robin.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I have never walked out but I am not one of those people that goes to a lot of movies in theaters. Usually I only go to the "spectacle" movies theses days and just watch everything else at home. Even when I watch something at home even if I am not digging it I usually will just fast forward instead of just stopping. There have been many 2 hours movies that I probably only watched 45 minutes of because of fast forwarding through the boring parts. I guess I always hold out hope that a good ending can save a bad movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    It's not always about the studio though. Sure, no one making Avengers movies are hurting if someone sneaks in, but the small indie movie relies on theater attendances. And not just to make money, but to make another movie in the future.
    Yeah, but individually you're saving money, and if you don't care in the first place, it's fine

About Last Night, the one from the 1980s with Demi Moore, Jim Belushi and Rob Lowe. Unfortunately my sisters (pretty conservative and religious) decided to take their little brother to a movie and somehow we ended up at that one. Lots on graphic sex scenes in there and I'm sitting there with two girls who happen to both be my older sisters. Talk about awkward and weird for all parties concerned! Pretty sure they wanted to leave in the first 10 minutes but we left at around the 40 minute mark or so. And for the record, the movie was crappy too and sex scenes or not, it wasn't fun to watch at all.

During Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked, I fell asleep in the first five minutes, woke up briefly when that one guy was running around dressed like a chicken, and then the next thing I remember was waking up when my daughter shook me after it was over.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 06-27-2019 at 03:02 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    You're not punishing studios you're punishing the theaters which are sometimes locally owned.
    I'm not punishing anybody actually, where did you get that idea lol. also never said that it was something I regularly do, just that I don't think it's a bad thing

Ultimate Member

I walked out of Million Dollar Baby (it wasn’t what I expected)

I also walked out of one of the Twilight movies. It was just so damn dull, I was feeling physically ill.

I also walked out on Eat, Pray, Love. I just never understood how one woman’s selfishness and self-centeredness was meant to be “inspiring”. Not to mention that being “trapped in privilege” isn’t an interesting story.
    Last edited by Username taken; 06-27-2019 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    As I understand it, the theater doesn't get that much from ticket sales. They make their profit on popcorn, drinks, and candy. That's why it costs $6 for a small bag of popcorn.
    So basically showing you the movie is sort of a way of getting you in to buy the popcorn.

BANNED

Can we please delete posts advocating theft? I think there's a rule about torrents, for example...

I'm not punishing anybody actually, where did you get that idea lol. also never said that it was something I regularly do, just that I don't think it's a bad thing
    theaters charge to much anyway.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Can we please delete posts advocating theft? I think there's a rule about torrents, for example...
    I'm not posting links to shady websites or illegal stuff or telling people how to do said stuff, just saying I personally don't have an issue, not against the rules as far as I'm aware but sorry that you're offended. I'll stop.

I've never walked out of a movie on my own volition but when my mom and I saw Napolean Dynamite in theaters she couldn't stand it and we had to leave. shame because I actually enjoy that film.