View Poll Results: Are you excited for Hickman's X-Men?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

80 76.19%
  • No

25 23.81%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Of course. They don't want people to discover this run 15-20 issues later, like it's happening with Al Ewing's run. They need the numbers now.
    So you don't think it's a bit too much, all these covers, tweets, vids?

I'm afraid of what he is going to do. But I'm really curious about it, there is a lot of teasers that just let me thinking WTF like the Apocalypse kissing Moira.

I have been a fan of Hickman work, he has quality. i just hope it isn't another fanboysm 2.0 like Morrison and Whedon were

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I'm afraid of what he is going to do. But I'm really curious about it, there is a lot of teasers that just let me thinking WTF like the Apocalypse kissing Moira.

I have been a fan of Hickman work, he has quality. i just hope it isn't another fanboysm 2.0 like Morrison and Whedon were
    Well at least you know Jean is going to be sticking around since she is featured in nearly 90% of the art for the series. My only worry for Jean is how they portray her, I don't want weak Jean Grey who lacks confidence. I want a Jean Grey who knows she is the most powerful telepath and telekinetic on Earth and who knows how to stand up for herself. Jean should be able to stand toe to toe with Magneto effortlessly, that is how powerful she is.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Well at least you know Jean is going to be sticking around since she is featured in nearly 90% of the art for the series. My only worry for Jean is how they portray her, I don't want weak Jean Grey who lacks confidence. I want a Jean Grey who knows she is the most powerful telepath and telekinetic on Earth and who knows how to stand up for herself. Jean should be able to stand toe to toe with Magneto effortlessly, that is how powerful she is.
    Well Psylocke gives her a run for her money now since she killed Magneto easily enough.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I'm waiting for it and I believe it probably will be good but I don't think it is the second coming of Jesus like some people think will be.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 06-27-2019 at 11:10 AM.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I'm waiting for it and I believe it probably will be good but I don't think it is the second coming of Jesus like some people think will be.
    I certainly know it's not. Based on exclusives, which has dulled things a bit. lol But it'll probably offer some better stories than what we've gotten since ResurrXion. So I am a bit anxious & curious. Not excited just yet. But maybe because it's still so far off. We got another month, just about. The the week of SDCC, the excitement may spike.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I agree with you, I am going to read HoX/PoX, but the real question is what happens in October?

I'll see how many of my favorites survive I guess. Does Rachel get written out again for 10 years? Does Hickman keep Emma as a villain and make her into Shaw's best friend (ick) because they put her right beside Shaw in the solicits even though in the last 20 years they have hated and despised each other?

If Hickman just ends up continuing the character status quo from JDW and Rosenberg with Cyclops all angsty because he went a little bit dark for a while and Emma is evil incarnate because JDW thinks she should go back to when she first appeared in comics and ignore her entire 30 year history after she joined Gen X. As soon as they start portraying Emma as the most evil villain to ever live I think I am out and done at that point. I don't feel the need to read a version of the X-Men as if they just walked out of the 60's that undoes all of the past 20 years of history because a bunch of nostalgic editors want to go back to the way things used to be when they first picked up an X-Man comic.
    I don’t see Hickman as a trigger-happy writer. I think the closest he’s come to that was Secret Warriors and even then, Rosenberg overshadowed him by wiping out the entire original roster. Rosenberg keeps on saying that we’re more than likely not going to see characters like Loa written in the future. I don’t think they are coming back at the end of his run but I think what Hickman is doing will give all the X-Men a fresh start. Either that or we just have to hope our favs make it through the current stuff before they land in HiX-Heaven.

I think it’s concerning that Black Swan was supposed to be Emma or whatever that rumor was, but I think he has a fondness for the Generation X era that made Emma a hero and really centered on her love for her students. I don’t think JDW is gonna mess with any characterization they have over his personal beliefs, even if they are sort of bad. Whatever Rosenberg and Brisson did was probably just on them, they are probably just anti-Revolutionclops anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    True. After all, Jesus has to go back and finish Morning Glories before coming to mutant town.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I'm cautiously optimistic. Minus a couple of runs (I so miss Bunn-canny X-Men!and Hopeless' X-Force) The line has mostly been "meh" for me since Second Coming. I know so many people are so excited about the coming changes but I can't help but wonder, how many issues will be out before people fall back to the same complaints? That sound like I'm complaining about complainers, but what I mean is that they are falling to those complaints primarily because the works deserve it. I don't want it to be that way, but I worry that at best this is going to be like Bendis all over again, or, having read his Avengers, half the stuff going on will be too high concept for me - and that's a failing on me, not on Hickman - for instance I loved his New Avengers but the Avengers book, particularly with Ex Nihlo, was written, to me, in a very non-marvel style.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I don’t see Hickman as a trigger-happy writer. I think the closest he’s come to that was Secret Warriors and even then, Rosenberg overshadowed him by wiping out the entire original roster. Rosenberg keeps on saying that we’re more than likely not going to see characters like Loa written in the future.
    Not like we saw any written by Rosenberg either. Any context for what he meant by that?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

not from I what I have seen.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I am excited to see that there is a plan in place more than the 50th relaunch of a floundering line we've had since Second Coming. So far I like the artwork that is coming out of it, and I like hearing how excited editors, writers, and artists are for this direction.

I think one of the things that has tampered my excitement is how do any of the current books end and tie-into this new era given the damage that has been done across the board. Are the characters killed off pathetically in Uncanny going to be "dead is dead" ruled? Will there be ANY repercussions to Age of X-Man felt in it's wake? Where are most of the characters we care about? I'm willing to wait and see and read, but I want some level of payoff for the trash we've been getting.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Hype is a sin. Cleanse yourselves.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Not like we saw any written by Rosenberg either. Any context for what he meant by that?
    oops I meant we ARE going to see them in the future. It was a fan that was criticizing Rosenberg for killing off so many characters, specifically why kill of Loa. Then blah blah they went back and forth but then someone said no one would use her after her death, but then Rosenberg came in with the “im not too sure about that”

This was the entire twitter exchange: https://twitter.com/ashcanpress/stat...631333376?s=21

But he alluded to it: https://twitter.com/ashcanpress/stat...178290689?s=21
    https://twitter.com/ashcanpress/stat...344188416?s=21

The argument splinters off a lot so if I can find some screenshots I’ll post them.
    Last edited by Tycon; 06-27-2019 at 12:09 PM.

I'm excited not just as a mutants fan but as a comic book reader.
    Hickman is a great writer.
    And the complicated chronology, huge cast and ambitious sci-fi concepts of the X-men matches perfectly with his skills.