View Poll Results: Are you excited for Hickman's X-Men?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

80 76.19%
  • No

25 23.81%
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Are you exited or not with Hickman x-men

Im sure a lot of people was disappointed by marvel when they said this is the book to read or this will make the x-men great again.I know its not out yet but with Hickman track record of the Fantastic four and the Avengers both was great reads.This is the first time Hickman is doing X-men im sure it will sell and im exited for it.I just hope im not getting my hopes up to be dissaponted

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Im sure a lot of people was disappointed by marvel when they said this is the book to read or this will make the x-men great again.I know its not out yet but with Hickman track record of the Fantastic four and the Avengers both was great reads.This is the first time Hickman is doing X-men im sure it will sell and im exited for it.I just hope im not getting my hopes up to be dissaponted
    I am not excited by what i have seen so far. But i am excited because I enjoyed Hickman's runs on Avengers and especially Fantastic Four.

But i'm also worried because X-men is a different breed than Avengers and FF lines.
    Last edited by jwatson; 06-27-2019 at 09:55 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I don’t think it’ll have any problem selling stacks but I’m probably more invested in what’s after these two books. I hope Hickman keeps that same “no main team” feel in his ongoing so more X-Men can be in the spotlight. Also, I’m more hyped for the creative teams and those rosters.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Not really, I've always found his work to be a chore to get through. Interesting ideas spread over several series, but rarely am I given reason to care about what's happening. You can have all the bold character choices, and consequences you want but I'm not going to read if I don't care about the characters it's happening to. Not that it's much different than what we have now.

The only X-Title I'm looking forward to is the X-Statix One-shot.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Well Hickman doers recognize how bad continuity has been given his twitter post. lol So maybe he'll be more determined to keep things cohesive.

I am excited to see Monet & Husk in HOX. Both are good characters that I don't think reached their full potential, but could with a high caliber writer who was a fan of their debut series. Hell, maybe he'll bring back Synch. lol I doubt it. But fun thought.

Overall, I am curious as to what he's gonna do. My excitement has dulled a bit in the wait though. And I am a bit more interested to see where certain characters may end up with the Wave titles, and what creative teams those books will have.

I'm excited about the new status quo and the Wave 1 books, however I'm not excited about his new PoX characters.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    I'm excited about the new status quo and the Wave 1 books, however I'm not excited about his new PoX characters.
    That's how I feel!

I'm excited for a new blueprint of stories for the X-men, because the ones for years now have had me bored and confused about what X-men is supposed to be.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

He's my favorite comics writer today working on my favorite heroes, so...duh. Also, it's pretty clear to anyone this franchise needs new ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    We don't know anything about them other than their powers, nor if they'll appear in the ongoings.

Without strong choices, creative work is never interesting…
    But you take the risk to alienate people.
    Claremont didn't have this pressure on his shoulders and Hickman, however, is the last of a long list of writers.
    The task is impressing: it's like being in a charge of a supertanker.

But, I'm wondering: does quality need so much publicity?
    So I'm moderately interested.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

If his X-Men work is more like his F4 than his boring Avengers stuff, I'll be satisfied.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    But, I'm wondering: does quality need so much publicity?
    Of course. They don't want people to discover this run 15-20 issues later, like it's happening with Al Ewing's run. They need the numbers now.

Hi! I'm Snoop. Just a regular joe! You ask, am I excited for Hickman X-Men? Well, golly gee, I am a bit curious to see what ideas he's thought up beneath that gorgeous hair. But that art? Honestly, pal, that is what's got my tush in the seat.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I couldn't be more excited. If you had asked me a year ago who I would have wanted on the X-Men if I could have any writer, I would have said Jonathan Hickman or Geoff Johns were my top choices, probably with Jonathan having a slight edge due to the fact he had already expressed an interest in the X-Men in the past.

I don't need previews, character line ups or teasers to get excited, the man's work speaks for itself.

BANNED

Can't be any worse than the current crop, the recent writers or pretty much the past decade or two or writers

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I don’t think it’ll have any problem selling stacks but I’m probably more invested in what’s after these two books. I hope Hickman keeps that same “no main team” feel in his ongoing so more X-Men can be in the spotlight. Also, I’m more hyped for the creative teams and those rosters.
    I agree with you, I am going to read HoX/PoX, but the real question is what happens in October?

I'll see how many of my favorites survive I guess. Does Rachel get written out again for 10 years? Does Hickman keep Emma as a villain and make her into Shaw's best friend (ick) because they put her right beside Shaw in the solicits even though in the last 20 years they have hated and despised each other?

If Hickman just ends up continuing the character status quo from JDW and Rosenberg with Cyclops all angsty because he went a little bit dark for a while and Emma is evil incarnate because JDW thinks she should go back to when she first appeared in comics and ignore her entire 30 year history after she joined Gen X. As soon as they start portraying Emma as the most evil villain to ever live I think I am out and done at that point. I don't feel the need to read a version of the X-Men as if they just walked out of the 60's that undoes all of the past 20 years of history because a bunch of nostalgic editors want to go back to the way things used to be when they first picked up an X-Man comic.