View Poll Results: Are you excited for Hickman's X-Men?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

80 76.19%
  • No

25 23.81%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

x-men continuity is the worst compared to er, every other comics franchise
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I've read both the Avengers and Fantastic 4 Hickman runs, and thoroughly enjoyed both. Been reading X-Men since the early 80's, and I'm more excited for this next chapter than I've been in a long time!

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Means View Post
    I feel like I've learned not to get too excited, and when Hickman recently came out and said that X-Men continuity was pointless and should be ignored...that really rubbed me the wrong way, I think.

Further, I'm in the "I despise Morrison's X-Men run" camp...and his whole schtick was billed as grand new directions and subversion of all we know, yadda yadda.

I hope it's good. But if it just turns out that he's just another writer chucking in another random bit of X-Men lore, then whatever. Really just depends on what he does. But definitely not getting my hopes up.
    Wow, we line up perfectly on most of this stuff—well said. My interest/excitement has dwindled significantly.

Spectacular Member

I'm excited but I'm just nervous for my favorite character Storm. I'm holding out hope she'll be up to something awesome and maybe they'll give Storm her own dream (and team) after HOX/POX

Naw, not really. So far there have been teasers for the same few X-Men that are always spotlighted with 2-3 new /blended characters Jean,check...Scott,check...Wolverine, check...Magneto,check...Xavier, back and check! This is what we are going to get? With the Avengers he bought in older different characters and gave them agency and presence. So far the same old ones are highlighted. Hopefully Hickman is intent on weaving into this, X-Men characters that are overlooked frequently like Bishop, Havok, Cannonball, or even Gentle.

110% excited that Hickman has come to save the X-line from almost a decade of mediocrity. I predict this will be the first good X-yarn since Second Coming and the Dark Angel Saga. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions of Hickman, but I have thoroughly enjoyed everything I've read from him, from Image works like The Nightly News and The Red Wing to his excellent runs on Fantastic Four and Avengers/New Avengers.

The only thing he could do to injure my faith in him is to completely ignore the New X-men kids in House of X/Powers of X and whatever shape the line takes immediately afterwards.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

All Mutants' Hope Lies In... DOOM!

Spectacular Member

I think some of you expect too much for this event. IMO, it's a hard reset for the continuity. We will see if it's good or not. Some stupid stuffs I saw so far pissed me off(amalgam characters/Apoc&Moira/Jean's outfit/no Ororo's big role so far/the X-babies/PF again) but I will judge the whole event after the 12 issues(HoX&PoX). There are some good points I guess but I reserve my hype if(and only if) HoX#1 makes me happy and curious about the new status quo for the mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post
    I think some of you expect too much for this event. IMO, it's a hard reset for the continuity. We will see if it's good or not. Some stupid stuffs I saw so far pissed me off(amalgam characters/Apoc&Moira/Jean's outfit/no Ororo's big role so far/the X-babies/PF again) but I will judge the whole event after the 12 issues(HoX&PoX). There are some good points I guess but I reserve my hype if(and only if) HoX#1 makes me happy and curious about the new status quo for the mutants.
    I'm eager to get into the thick of it, but I'm not afraid to admit I'm willing to hate literally everything they do to the X-Men. I'm fickle and picky as hell, so it's more than likely to happen.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post
    I will never understand Marvel's comics editors.

Age of X-man *was* a reset for the continuity (even if in a temporary fashion, given they immediately started in with past visions and such), but why do that again right after you just did it?

The time taken to explain the 'new' continuity is just going to be doubled by explaining everything 'new' all over again, wherein not a lot happens story-wise because you're spending all that time to lay out the status quo. I sometimes wonder what the people in charge of marvel's comics are thinking, because it doesn't make much sense to me as a reader. Is there really not much of a plan for any comic book nowadays beyond trying to re-brand/put out a new #1 issue so that the numbers spike and then killing it off after 20-30 issues to reset it again as the readership dies down?

But how are they supposed to market comics without gimmicks? Great storytelling and word of mouth?

Incredible Member

I'm interested in it, and I'm quite looking forward to it. But I'm like that with most comics. I'm also unlike a lot of people, I won't be put off if a particular character is not front and centre, or if that character is "treated badly" or written "out of character". Hickman's a good writer, he's going to be around for a while, and he has some stories to tell, those stories aren't necessarily bad if they don't include a particular character, or if that character reverts to type, or is written differently to how you want them written.

Why not jump onboard and just enjoy the ride. It might work, it might not - but you won't find out unless you give it a shot.