Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    oh yeah, and being a composite, he might be able to just pull off what they did in the fight against Zangyack and sacrifice his power for an autowin.
    Yeah but that destroyed the ships. I don't know if those ships were on par with thor or superman in terms or durability

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Majiranger has transmutation, Gekiranger has sealing, I'm positive SOMEONE has dimension dumping even though I couldn't name one. For speed, they really just need to be able to activate anything before they're blitzed, so they only need to be about I guess a hundredth his speed? To get like, a one foot wrist movement to flip the brace throttle before Superman can either cross or shoot eye lasers across 100 feet. Maybe more since they need to think? I dunno, I think I've proven that I shouldn't be calculating things.
    Actually don't abarekiller and kakurangers have superspeed? Cause that also counts as a unique power

Aren't some of the Sentai guys capable of fighting the giant robots, Lordgenome style? That seems a cut above Thor.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Yeah but that destroyed the ships. I don't know if those ships were on par with thor or superman in terms or durability
    Well, the point is more that it did something a group that contained a lot of crazy powers couldn't do individually. And we know that at the VERY least, the Goseigers had been fighting Zangyack with their mechas and gotten them wrecked. Add to that, that it was the main fleet of a galaxy-spanning empire and it seems like a pretty immense feat.

Actually don't abarekiller and kakurangers have superspeed? Cause that also counts as a unique power
    Lots of sentai have superspeed. Many are bullet time, still others are beyond that. Dekamaster deflected... a fuckload of bullets in one particular scene, and has repeatedly done so with absurdly accurate placement of the deflected bullets that. I tried to count from the X that he left on the ground, and it looked like ~130. That was about seven seconds of actual showtime, but probably less actual time, since it gets a little fuzzy when dealing with weird depictions of speed. Either way, I'd say that puts him pretty high end bullet time, especially since he clearly does each one individually to get them all perfectly lined up like that. I'm sure there's others who are faster than him, and Dekabreak kind of makes the whole speed thing a wash anyway.

With Superman, I think the question is either are we saying Dekabreak vs Jeanio is an FTL feat before he even touches the Brace Throttle, or if it's not, is the composite fast enough to touch the Brace Throttle before Superman (or his heat vision) can cross starting distance (or otherwise able to survive the initial blitz). I don't really know anything about Cavillman's speed though, so I have no idea. But it remains that if the composite gets to actually DO something, they have a whole lot of esoteric options (or you know, thousands of like class 80+ punches delivered at FTL which can maybe do the trick?).

Edit: Also while I've watched very little of JAKQ, didn't Big One have like, atomic manipulation powers? I know he was able to transmute a big artillery shell into a big weird rat thing after it was fired.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 06-29-2019 at 11:56 AM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Sentai is weird sometimes.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

I'm just including this one because its classic.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

I'm a bit meh on the early Gekiranger series, but it really picks up after they get past the first chunk of stuff, and it has pretty much my favourite endboss beatdown in that scene you linked just 'cause the choreography does such a good job of showing all the ways the power trio developed on their own and into a really connected team

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

But do any of the sentai,and when i said powers and weapons. That does not mean mecha of any kind. Also,their strength and speed is not stacked. So does any sentai possess strength to injure a thor or superman level character?

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by HATEISFOREVER View Post
    But do any of the sentai,and when i said powers and weapons. That does not mean mecha of any kind. Also,their strength and speed is not stacked. So does any sentai possess strength to injure a thor or superman level character?
    Abarangers are individually in the class 80 range, with Abaremax possibly being higher, as IIRC he's the one who one-hand lifted and threw a skyscraper-sized bot. I haven't been assuming anything is stacked with my posts. Abareblack hit the ground hard enough to open up a crevasse in it big enough for a giant monster to fall into. The Gekirangers' mechas aren't an externally summoned thing; they're an internal power that the Gekirangers externalize on the spot, so they should have access to theirs just fine if it's really necessary, which it probably is not.

Also I'm convinced Abareyellow is stronger unmorphed than morphed.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 06-29-2019 at 07:04 PM.

As long as the character could survive long enough to pull off any other weird abilities it was fine. Megaranger blue himself had the ability to put any enemy into a movie reality. So the random abilities were more than enough. Just needed to be sure composite could survive at least one hit before pulling it off.