Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Wow... I had basement expectations, and Rosenberg managed to find a drill.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    spoilers:
    is Emma that powerful?

I mean she is a OP telepath but there Dc Strange, Stark tech, The 4F the Asgardians?
    end of spoilers

really dude
    spoilers:
    She used Cerebro. I’m assuming it probably survived the Mansion explosion or something maybe idk. Reading this run has been draining self’s life energy
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by K2Krew View Post
    Any word on Scott and Emma and how their relationship is depicted?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    Thank you for the spoilers. Can you tell how did the Cyclops react to Emma in this issue?
    idk but im 150% sure Scott is gonna humiliatingly reject her

Astonishing Member

Does Emma do it with the help of Cerebro? no mutant is strong enough to do that on a worldwide scale alone

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Does Emma do it with the help of Cerebro? no mutant is strong enough to do that on a worldwide scale alone
    emma is Omega level now lol

spoilers:
    Maybe she "kicked up" her powers
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    emma is Omega level now lol
    I like Emma a lot but not because of power feats. I don't like this development.

spoilers:
    It’s Cerebro.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    So are the Champions just going to wonder who the random girl made of sand is? Or does Emma make people think people like Dust and Franklin Richards are just regular superhumans?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    spoilers:
    So are the Champions just going to wonder who the random girl made of sand is? Or does Emma make people think people like Dust and Franklin Richards are just regular superhumans?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Champions #5
    Ms Marvel: Look, Dust, I’ll be honest. I was surprised when Viv brought you along, but if she and Scott both trust you, then I will too. Welcome to the team.

Champions #7
    Dust:
    Ms Marvel: Who the fuck are you????
    end of spoilers

OK, there has to be more nuance to this, but my knee-jerk reaction is a sincere WTF?!

spoilers:
    So Alpha Flight forgets who Aurora and Northstar are? Kyle forgets he has a husband? Do parents with mutant kids forget little Mary exists, or do they just freak out anew about why she's floating the breakfast dishes around?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    OK, there has to be more nuance to this, but my knee-jerk reaction is a sincere WTF?!

spoilers:
    So Alpha Flight forgets who Aurora and Northstar are? Kyle forgets he has a husband? Do parents with mutant kids forget little Mary exists, or do they just freak out anew about why she's floating the breakfast dishes around?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    it makes less than zero sense in-universe and out.
    end of spoilers

I think we're all expecting actual logic in these stories, and that hasn't been Marvel's MO in a long, long time. It'll be undone as soon as possible or forgotten and unexplained because Marvel's new MO is to just move on and stop asking questions.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I think we're all expecting actual logic in these stories, and that hasn't been Marvel's MO in a long, long time. It'll be undone as soon as possible or forgotten and unexplained because Marvel's new MO is to just move on and stop asking questions.
    That's what people are saying, but unless they just retcon Rosenberg from orbit, that is looking less likely every day. He might actually be setting up the status quo for HoX/PoX, which will ruin that event for me.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    spoilers:
    it makes less than zero sense in-universe and out.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    And on the other end of things, are mutants just supposed to forget the prejudice they've endured? Not to mention we already know we're back to some variation of "humans wanna kill the mutants" when Hickman comes aboard, so this makes less than zero sense from a storytelling perspective if it's what it appears to be. So... let's hope really hard there's a twist to the twist coming.
    end of spoilers

When Hickman said he didn't give a single writer any guidelines outside of a few extremely minor story beats, I thought he meant like who's alive or something, I didn't think they actually meant something major. So for them not to remove Rosenberg's stuff or ignore it would be weird, even if he was setting up for Hickman. Then again, I guess that means Hickman's a big fat liar