Astonishing Member

Default Secret Warps Annuals - New Stuff?

July is about to start, and with it, it comes new comics from the Infinity Warps. I'm personally very interested to see more about how the characters from this world are combined. The preview of the first annual is out, with Soldier Supreme. And I already discored something very weird.

In his first appearance, it was revealed that Dr Erskine was a woman in the Warp World. The usual thing would be to think that Abraham Erskine was merged with a version of the Ancient One. However, in the preview is revealed that was NOT the case. It seems that Abraham Erskine was combined with... Morgan le Fay?!! Now, this is really weird. Where can we find the Ancient One's homologue in Warp World?

Comics Ancient One is male. They gender swapped her for the movie.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Comics Ancient One is male. They gender swapped her for the movie.
    Yes, I know! But it's just that, in a world where the worlds of Captain America and Doctor Strange are merged, I expected one of the logical combinations would be the Ancient One and Dr Erskine; as they both were the creators of Cap and Doc. So when I saw a female version of Erskine who apparently worships Satan, it really confused me and I didn't understand who could be combined with Erskine.

Point is, if those two had merged, the Warp would still be male. Any case where both halves of the Warp are the same gender, the gender is kept intact. There are some male/female Warps though (Reed and Sue Richards were merged, as were Devil Dinosaur and Tippy-Toe).
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Point is, if those two had merged, the Warp would still be male. Any case where both halves of the Warp are the same gender, the gender is kept intact. There are some male/female Warps though (Reed and Sue Richards were merged, as were Devil Dinosaur and Tippy-Toe).
    Yes, and I have to say, it was creepy. I mean, a Wolverine with Emma Frost's manners and saying "darling"? I think I would have prefered an Emma Frost with the rude manners of Wolverine. And if Reed and Sue were combined, beind their fusion literally their marriage, then how could Franklin and Valeria exist, if their parents are one person?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Yes, and I have to say, it was creepy. I mean, a Wolverine with Emma Frost's manners and saying "darling"?
    sounds awesome to me
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Yes, and I have to say, it was creepy. I mean, a Wolverine with Emma Frost's manners and saying "darling"? I think I would have prefered an Emma Frost with the rude manners of Wolverine. And if Reed and Sue were combined, beind their fusion literally their marriage, then how could Franklin and Valeria exist, if their parents are one person?
    We haven't seen Warps for those two. It may be that indeed, they don't exist in Warp World.